• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JohnG Health Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad it was caught in time. Keep on recovering and keep your head up.

Re: Re: JohnG Health Issues

JohnG said:
Thanks guys, your comments mean a lot to me. If all continues to go well, I plan to go on a leaf looking ride at CHOC over the July 4th weekend. Doctor told me yesterday I could drive, and had no restrictions except my own pain levels, and not to over do it. So, that's my plan. If anybody is not going to the lake, plan to come to CHOC. I am going to make Forney Road my bitch :flipoff1:
Haha, I could probably keep up with you the whole day then. While I have no plans for sure to come down that weekend, I will keep it in mind. Depending on what comes up, I may ride down and sweat my balls off for a little while. I hate summer wheeling. Lol

LandSpeeder said:
LOL! Brilliant! They could come out the tunnel to a favorite tune!

Nirvana - Half The Man I Used To Be

P.S., that ain't Nirvana and that ain't the name of the song. It's Creep by Stone Temple Pilots and that sounds like a live performance of the song, definitely Scott Weiland from STP singing, not a Nirvana cover. Somebody effed up when they uploaded that one... RIP Scott and Kurt thumb.gif

Damn :eek:

Now I feel bad for bothering you!

Glad to see the doctors got you fixed up, hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

Glad to see you caught it in time and got great care and are on the road to recovering, thats great news.

Take care!

LandSpeeder said:
DANG! JD you right, I posted the wrong youtubes link! My B!

I done a brief search and there's a few different vids titled Nirvana - Half The Man I Used To Be on teh Yootubez that is the same audio track. :wtflol: Ninjas be spoofin'......

Update: Monday 6/20. Been doing well. Nan has been out of town for a week and it has just been the dog and me. Glad she is home. Last week, did therapy Tuesday and Thursday with a temperory therapist as mine was on vacation. Looking forward to having her back this week. Most of the steri strips have come off and the incision is healing nicely. Went to the radiation doctor last Wednesday and they are setting up me a schedule. I should know more later this week. But the plan is 5 days a week for 6 weeks. That should fill the gap of "What I did on my Summer vacation"!!!!! Took a walk today down the driveway about 500 feet just carrying the cane. Balance good, but have to watch the hip deflection. Sure don't want to get in the habit of a limp. Will work with the therapist on that tomorrow. Thinking about hanging my cane on the coat rack as I go into therapy. If you hear me kicking and screaming, you will know the therapist has kicked my ass. Well half anyway!!!!

I used to think PT was dumb and a waste of money. When I sprained my ankle at the HL ride my doc sent me to PT, and when I didn't go all week, she called me every day til I did. Man, am I glad I did! Those giys really know what they're doing! I had 2 more weeks of it when I finally got a bill for $600, my insurance wasn't covering it. So I did the same exercises at home fo' free and now I'm at 100%, playing football with the boys, sprinting, cutting, jumping out of the back of trailers at work, all the dumb **** I used to do before the sprain.

Hope yours goes as well as mine, John. I'd like to ride with you again in August. :dblthumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.