• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kinda mini buggy budget build

mikeyg79 said:
new direction for Crawl - skip the new/awesome/expensive stuff and go for the mini/cheap ones.
Once you see one RuffStuff/Torq/EOR/Ouverson/RCV/Yukon/Wilwood/Raceline built axle, you've seen em all. Sami stuff - that's different

Haha, thank you! That's the whole reason behind it, to show you can have something cool and unique without having $100000 in the rig. And that's why they liked the buggy. Although Jess works with crawl, the buggy still had to get accepted by all editors and the owner . I have about $5500 into the whole rig (give or take $500). I hope to see some more low budget rigs that are built to have fun in and not built to show how deep of pockets you've got.

zukinate said:
Haha, thank you! That's the whole reason behind it, to show you can have something cool and unique without having $100000 in the rig. And that's why they liked the buggy. Although Jess works with crawl, the buggy still had to get accepted by all editors and the owner . I have about $5500 into the whole rig (give or take $500). I hope to see some more low budget rigs that are built to have fun in and not built to show how deep of pockets you've got.

Same boat here...and been waiting for things to come back around to being more of a "builders hobby"...looking forward to seeing the issue

Love the build, can you post some pics/info on what you did for steering? I'm doing a low buck build with a Sammy drivetrain and yota axles I have laying around and don't want a steering setup worth more than the whole rig lol. Also does it feel super underpowered with two people riding?