• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KOH and Weather

Hip

Do you think the massive flooding and rainfall happening down there now will have an affect on the race course and or layout?

last year the course went right thru the lakebed and its was so wet two days before you could not drive on it. it was fine on rae day.

Apple valley has had an enormous amount of rain in the last week.

:stirpot:

should the competetors replace thier lighweight suspension winches for 8274's?:redneck:

Once aspect of that area hip is the fact of how quickly it dries out. Granted there are the lakebeds that will retain some of the water but there are only 2 out there that you really ever drive on. The rest are creek beds that are a rocky/sandy bottom so they can dry out within a couple days.

Once aspect of that area hip is the fact of how quickly it dries out. Granted there are the lakebeds that will retain some of the water but there are only 2 out there that you really ever drive on. The rest are creek beds that are a rocky/sandy bottom so they can dry out within a couple days.

i know that but for the last two years it had rained the week before and was quite dry on race day, but they have had two years wort of rain in the last week so im assuming the lake bed will still be full.

last year some hammertown camps were sloppy wet and never dried up. hammertown was pushed righ to the edge of the water tuesday before race day.

im thinking hammertown might have to relocate to higher ground.

does anyone know anyone who lives closer to get the real time update?

i have a cousin that lives about an hour away but he lives on a mountain. he said he has never seen it this bad.

Might keep an eye on Pirate4x4. There seems to be several teams/clubs that go down to JV early to test/tune. They tend to provide updates on the conditions down there

I don't think the course map will change, everything is pretty well set by now. I think most people know this but it will be a lap race so no matter where it goes it will be torn up twice as hard.

Should be a great time either way, I can't wait!

-Alex

with conditions like this what were most of you guys, that have went in the past years, doin for camping situations? is it even worth considering packing down tents?

this will be me and a few friends first time to johnson valley, any help/advice is much apprecated....

n/m seached the previous threads and its been covered. looks like canopys on the tow rigs is gonna be the way were rollin

Lance said during the LCQ it was near 70 MPH winds, he said the huge tent was airborne during the night....