• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Laptop

The Luke

My Lenovo finally crapped out after about 4-5 years.. I'm getting an ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. I've tried everything, it's dead.

So, I'm in the market for a new one. we rarely use the thing other then when I work from home(2-3x a week). Which I use a cloud based software to do all of my work, which puts basically no load on the computer. I'd like to stay in the $3-400 range. Other requirements, usb ports and an hdmi out for my second monitor.

What's good? What to watch for? What have you had good luck with? Or are they all total junk at that price?

I'd rather not get a desktop, before anyone throws in that idea. I take the laptop when we travel, in case I have to do any work.

Personally i had so many PC's crap out that I bought a Mac Book. I know you wanted cheap but i did the Best Buy cc and got same as cash for 18 months.

ACER sells some real "Economically minded"(aka, cheap) laptops that are pretty good. My wife uses one at home, not bad for a Walmart brand.

ADMINISTRATOR

Mac is a no go. I can't work off it.

I've had an acer. I considered that. Still not ruled it out. But I always felt my Lenovo was twice the computer that was.

I've been stuck doing lots of break/fix IT work lately due to staff shortages. We are mainly a Dell shop but their commercial grade stuff (even bottom barrel models) has been durable and quality for the price. I have a cheap commercial dell and a lenovo laptop. Zero issues and would recommend either. Just be mindful on the small bezel devices they are now equipping them USB3 instead of all the ports and the docks that convert over to HDMI and give you more USBs can get spendy.

I've had several Dell laptops at work and at home. Hauled those work Dells all over the country and never had a single hardware related problem with any of them.

Latest posts