• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Last Run for the year

My kid just got his first wheeler, (Yota). We got up to there late afternoon, only saw one other rig on the trails all day. Got back to the main lot about 6:30 and the place was like a ghost town, so we called it a night. Too bad we missed everyone.

Nice meeting everyone! It was nice to get out and wheel and put names to faces regardless of the amount of snow..there was definately a Toyota shortage though. Gavin thanks for putting this together and showing us around:awesomework: I got some cool videos, onefof the front dig reverse donuts:cool:

Yeah, but there WAS a Samurai Influx!!! :haha:
You got vid of the reverse front dig donut action??? :haha::awesomework:

Had a great time today. Was great to see some old faces again and to put names to new faces.

I lost all oil pressure in Bonney Lake. Didn't seem to hurt the motor, but I gotta figure it out. Looks like I probably had a OPDS failure. Thanks for coming back and getting us home Jim.

Good times guys. Nice to finally meet and wheel with all
Of you. Poke get me your number so I can get that belt back
To you and thanks again. Did anybody get any video or pics?

Had a great time today. Was great to see some old faces again and to put names to new faces.

I lost all oil pressure in Bonney Lake. Didn't seem to hurt the motor, but I gotta figure it out. Looks like I probably had a OPDS failure. Thanks for coming back and getting us home Jim.

Glad to hear you made it home... OPDS? Oil Pressure Dip ****!:cheer: :haha: Was it a sudden thing? Possibly just a bad sender...

Good times guys. Nice to finally meet and wheel with all
Of you. Poke get me your number so I can get that belt back
To you and thanks again. Did anybody get any video or pics?

I took a few and some video from the gopro. I will try to get them up tonight. No issue on the belt glad I could help. Thanks for the help with the radiator hose. :awesomework:

Not a problem. Just good to see you get home safe.

I started pulling stuff apart, turns out my temporary fix on my fan clutch was a little more temporary then I had hoped. Tried shoving my Taurus fan in there but it hits the crank and water pump pulleys. So I'll be looking for something else. Or I'll just fill the old fan clutch with jb weld and lock it together.

Let's see some video.

I started pulling stuff apart, turns out my temporary fix on my fan clutch was a little more temporary then I had hoped. Tried shoving my Taurus fan in there but it hits the crank and water pump pulleys. So I'll be looking for something else. Or I'll just fill the old fan clutch with jb weld and lock it together.

Let's see some video.

I still have the thin double Flexalite fans from mine nick. Let me know if you want to try those.

Let's see some video.

Buy a new fan clutch:cool: they are pretty cheap

I think there's something deeper going on with the motor causing the overheating. Why all the smoke (which looks more whitish/blue than oil blue IMHO...), and did the smoke suddenly start appearing???
Regardless, X3 on just buying a new fan clutch...gonna need it sooner or later.

Oh that motor has much more going on than just the fan clutch.

She's on her last leg. I'm sure its the original motor, and when I got it from Jeremy she was pretty healthy but had a tick and would stumble occasionally.

I've abused her the best I could for the last 3 years. And by abuse I mean 5k clutch drops, WOT for extended periods out at Elbe. Then last summer I did a number on her at Moses Lake trying to play with the cool kids with their v6 and v8's.

And finally a few months back I was playing in a mud hole at Elbe, caked the radiator and didn't realize how hot it was. She finally blew the top of the radiator apart, thats when I shut it down.

It has low compression on #4, which I'm pretty sure are the rings. Causing the oil consumption. And I think the headgasket popped somewhere.

She's going to get a fresh motor before next summer, I just LOVE snow wheeling so I'm going to dump some sealer in her and hope that helps whatever headgasket or leak she might have. Put a $35 fan clutch in there, and keep her topped with oil and have fun snow wheeling at the back of the line.

And keep my eyes open for a good core motor to build (and by that I mean pay Gavin with food/beer and try to help him the best I can with out slowing him down).:beer: