• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LED bars...

muchado

So anyone running LED bars on their UTV or want to? I was kinda worried about rolling over on it.. But thinking about getting one just for dunes. One of my buddies from Great Bend has one and it makes things literally DAYLIGHT... his is the visionx xmitter which is like $1200... I was thinking about getting a chinese one for MUCH cheaper... Thoughts?

My dad bought one and I used it at the dunes, I can't remember the brand. It was cheap like 160 bucks but it sucked. My 20 dollar lights from wal mart were brighter. I want one but I want powersteering more so thats what I'm getting.

COPPERHEAD42 said:
My dad bought one and I used it at the dunes, I can't remember the brand. It was cheap like 160 bucks but it sucked. My 20 dollar lights from wal mart were brighter. I want one but I want powersteering more so thats what I'm getting.

Power steering.. interesting... I thought you were getting the Arctic Cat?!! :flipoff1:

...and I don't think we're talking about the same LED's light bars.. These china jobbers are BRIGHT. I've seen the photo comparisons to the Xmitter and these ones are pretty close to as bright. and for the price..... :woot:

blacksheep10 said:
I told him don't be stupid and buy the first model year of a whole new product. Got some sense into him, let Brandon walk that plank and be the test dummy on it. laughing1

Yep I said the same thing :****:

Instead of sellin XP first, he outta buy the wildcat to try out---that way he doesn't end up selling wildcat to get another XP laughing1 laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

Mount it under the roofline and you will be fine if you roll it.

Link to the China LED bars? Man, I want a cheaper one than those Vison X ones....

wngrog said:
Mount it under the roofline and you will be fine if you roll it.

Link to the China LED bars? Man, I want a cheaper one than those Vison X ones....

Most of the companies I found are trading companies--not actual manufacturers wanting way too much $$ and way to high volume for what cost savings is available. I found two manufacturers and am working to get samples but it's probably 2 weeks out from having something in my hands.

It will be a little bit before I have an idea on price but definitely cheaper than the ones currently available---or it wouldn't be worth doing :dblthumb:......

I can get these: http://atrpowersports.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=98_149

Also these:
LEDbar.jpg

LEDbarcopy.jpg

I also can get some with a black background, these are quite a bit less expensive than the ones above. I dig the ones with black background a lot.
blackLED.jpg

EDIT: the black ones can be had through super ATV but they don't have a size that works good for RZR.. Either 20" or 40".. I talked to the manufacturer and they will custom do 30" ones.. Just have to meet a minimum order quantity.
http://www.superatv.com/ECONOMY-40-INCH-LED-EURO-LIGHTS-OFF-ROAD-LIGHTS-P1144C63.aspx

Travis, that video doesnt seem very bright and from looking at that dude's other videos... I think it's a small bar.

I ordered samples from two different suppliers yesterday. Will update when they arrive.

I thought it seemed bright? I thought I read it was a 30" rigid. I think the stock lights are awesome and that thing killed the stock lights.

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I thought it seemed bright? I thought I read it was a 30" rigid. I think the stock lights are awesome and that thing killed the stock lights.

I was watching on my iphone so maybe that explains what I saw :wtflol:

Edit: just watched it at the house. Not sure shooting down a dark empty street does it any justice. Nothing for the light to light-up!

This one is a 13" flood beam--also available in spot pattern. My idea with this light was to pair it with a 30" spot beam up on top of the cage. Flood is the way to go for trails IMO---I hooked it to a battery and it's really bright. I'll post photos soon.

I zip tied it up in the grill area to show get an idea of fitment on the 2011 front end. Quality seems good, especially for the price. The housing is an aluminum heat sink and the lens is glass.. pretty cool.

I can also get 7-inch, 13-inch, 20-inch, 30-inch & 40-inch of this model... The black faced LED light bars are coming from another manufacturer next week so I'll keep you guys posted when those come in.

photo-3.jpg

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I may have to order one when we get back from dunes

I'll be running at least one at the dunes. Wish I had a ordered a SPOT beam for out at the dunes though! Wanted to buy a small bar before a big one though to verify quality :woody: