• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lets talk toyota springs

oldbeercans

i have been running 44044 rancho springs(waggy) up front. i bent the rf and decided to replace them. i was going to mix a toyota rear main leaf into my waggys but more than the main leaf is bent on them. i also have some stock fronts. i would like to move the axle forward an 1 1/2" or so. what would u suggest i do. i plan on changing to chev 63 is the rear soon. should i mix up rears and fronts to get a set or buy new? what are people running for custom packs in the front and how do they perform?

I've got two sets of stock rears mixed in the front. I used the main, mil wrap and third leaf from one pack, then another main leaf cut down four inches than the third on each end, then another third cut down four inches shorter on each end than the other one I cut down. The rig's not done yet, so I don't know how it will perform on the trail, but preliminary testing shows a LOT of flex!

P3150251.jpg

P4140281.jpg

P4140285.jpg

P4140289.jpg

That's not even maxed, that's just as far as the jack would lift it.

get second gen 51" toy rears and blend 'em with some of those unbent waggy leafs if you can. i have tg 4" springs and im regretting that. i know my truck is gonna be tall no matter what i do :booo:

just curious, how high does it sit when it's all flat?

If that question was directed at me, then it sits at about 5" of lift in the front. It's also got a 4" dropped spring hanger, which makes it sit kinda tall with the stock ruf. It had 4" springs in the front for a total of 8" of lift!:puke: Waaayyyyy too tall. It doesn't seem too bad now. If I don't like it, my next step will be to replace the spring hanger.

On my 83 toy I went with a rear leaf out of a 96 v6 extended cab toyota with a 2" addaleaf. there longer by 3 or so inches but there off set (axel not centered on leaf) so it moves the axel fowared if used on the front and greatly improves flex I did the same with the rear and it worked great I shortened the bottom leaf and I had to move the shackels to compasate for the longer leafs They also have perch pads with wider and stronger u bolts so when flexing theres not as much strain on the ubolts and I never finished the fronts but the Idea's there and worth looking in to._Adam