• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Liberty for memorial weekend

ass chapped :haha: I simply gave you the opportunity to correct yourself. so much for trying to be nice:booo:

I'm not pissy... I was was tryin to be funny.:haha: No hard feelings.

Crash... I just get annoyed when people don't directly contact the right people to begin with, yet believe everything on bullshit websites when people can say anything. That's how our trails end up lookin like Reiter:haha:I care... I call every year around this time:awesomework:

That wasn't cool. Please either post the correct info or nothing at all.

Doing stupid stuff just creates un needed drama and mis informs folks. Do we really need to misinform people? That makes no sense especially with the fact we as wheelers are up against a rather large rock. So lets please try to help all of us and not hamper.

Thank you

I think the Ellensburg guys are worried everyone will come over to their side of Manastash this year & realize how much better than the Naches side it is :haha::haha::haha:

Crash... I just get annoyed when people don't directly contact the right people to begin with, yet believe everything on bullshit websites when people can say anything. That's how our trails end up lookin like Reiter:haha:I care... I call every year around this time:awesomework:

And I understand your concerns. Its one thing to do it with what info is found and made up stuff. I fully understand how things can get twisted around by what is found on the web vs. contacting the correct agency's to get the correct info...

We try very hard to keep our trails section bullshit free. Thats why I try and verify all such claims personaly. and no hard feelings:hi:

and again to all. The contact info for most of our play areas is stickied in the trails section. Call before you go:awesomework:

Anybody read what I posted?

TREAD LIGHTLY!!:awesomework:

Had people followed that rule, Liberty would not be under the chopping block:mad:

Anybody read what I posted?

TREAD LIGHTLY!!:awesomework:

Had people followed that rule, Liberty would not be under the chopping block:mad:

We discussed it when it came out but its still a good lesson. Its the quads that are being affected by this rule simply because of the actions of a few (well ok many) They had a good thing going with the shared use road and now they have lost that privlage as well as others. Liberty for us (4x4)is not under a chopping block in fact we have a very strong relationship with the FS there and are actualy gaining back trail miliage each year do to the diligence(sp) of several dedicated PNW4WDA members and volunteers:cheer:

We discussed it when it came out but its still a good lesson. Its the quads that are being affected by this rule simply because of the actions of a few (well ok many) They had a good thing going with the shared use road and now they have lost that privlage as well as others. Liberty for us (4x4)is not under a chopping block in fact we have a very strong relationship with the FS there and are actualy gaining back trail miliage each year do to the diligence(sp) of several dedicated PNW4WDA members and volunteers:cheer:

Just had to throw that in there didnt ya.:haha:.. Were all here to work together Pokey!!:fawkdancesmiley:....

My thing is, I want to beable to go wheeling with my family while there on there quads.. Guess we can count Liberty out...:booo:

We try very hard to keep our trails section bullshit free. Thats why I try and verify all such claims personaly. and no hard feelings:hi:

and again to all. The contact info for most of our play areas is stickied in the trails section. Call before you go:awesomework:

A big thanks to you Pokey, and Crash. This forum is used for information, by people like myself to check conditions and to find out where others have been or are going! Please keep this section free of the B.S. :awesomework:

PNW4WDA has been in the trenches for years. I appreciate it and hope to help out in the future.
Looks like alot of our good memorial day spots are up in the air for access.

Its the quads that are being affected by this rule simply because of the actions of a few (well ok many) They had a good thing going with the shared use road and now they have lost that privlage as well as others.
Be careful what is posted as we are all in the same boat. Granted the ATV crowd did something to cause a Liberty closure for them... but we are all on the same side in that we need to fight to keep ALL trails open regardless of what means of transportation we choose.

i dont think pokey made any subjective statements regarding the quad population. :eeek:

he has nothing to be "careful" about.

I disagree in that any comments/posts made on any public off road forum can and will be used against all off roaders regardless of their chosen method of recreation.

I'm not picking on POKEY by any means. He knows that I totally respect him and his knowledge/history. I am just stating that we all need to be careful with our posts since said posts can be read by anyone with Internet access.

At a high level my point was: It would suck to have something posted "between friends" end up being ammo for anti-ORV groups.

We are leaving around 2 today, if your over look for us and say hi :awesomework:

Last edited:
Be careful what is posted as we are all in the same boat. Granted the ATV crowd did something to cause a Liberty closure for them... but we are all on the same side in that we need to fight to keep ALL trails open regardless of what means of transportation we choose.

Please note that this closure affects the ability of the Quads to run on Deer Gultch Road. It is a road use closure only.

I saw a good number of people doing a good job trying to get all the trails closed for everyone on saturday. :rolleyes: Tearing the **** out of a huge area trying to get around someone with a broken axle in the snow. Guess what idiots. The best way to go thru spring snow is not with your foot on the floor flingin **** everywhere. You should also not have to cut down a half dozen trees and smash down a few more. Witnessing this kind of activity did not exactly make me want to wheel again. People make me sick with there blatant disregard for the trails. I'm sticking with my KTM.

If the hole in the rock trail gets shut down due to the damage over the weekend I'm not surprised at all and wouldnt blame the forest service a bit.

I saw a good number of people doing a good job trying to get all the trails closed for everyone on saturday. :rolleyes: Tearing the **** out of a huge area trying to get around someone with a broken axle in the snow. Guess what idiots. The best way to go thru spring snow is not with your foot on the floor flingin **** everywhere. You should also not have to cut down a half dozen trees and smash down a few more. Witnessing this kind of activity did not exactly make me want to wheel again. People make me sick with there blatant disregard for the trails. I'm sticking with my KTM.

If the hole in the rock trail gets shut down due to the damage over the weekend I'm not surprised at all and wouldnt blame the forest service a bit.

did you try to do anything to stop them?
IMO, its more the fault of whoevers holding up the trail by not gently winching off to the side to let traffic by, or at least asking for a tug out of the way. its a busy wekend

Last edited:

About what time did you notice this? Where was the damage? Did you get any pic's? Either of the trail or the vehicles.

Latest posts