• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Im eventually doing the same with my motor as its completley stock but runs like a champ (when it warms up lol)

What are the axles you got?

The axles are the factory axles. I think a dana 20. I also have a complete 10" drum upgrade set for those axles.

loose the factory front body mounts(on the grill) and go to a center mount on the grill. things will flex around a little better and yo wont wind up with cracks on the corners of the grill.

loose the factory front body mounts(on the grill) and go to a center mount on the grill. things will flex around a little better and yo wont wind up with cracks on the corners of the grill.

That shouldn't be an issue--as once there is tube on the rig--it should be pretty stiff/kill some of the frame flex....

If it was a 27 front and 44 rear i would be interested, do you mind looking for me when you get a chance?:kiss:

If it came stock with a 27 front, it very likely is NOT a 44 rear, but rather a 41 rear. They look almost identical, but virtually nothing internally will transfer over so be really careful you know what it is. 2 cents.

And Gibby, glad you got that hood. Great deal in my opinion. You can pay me back the favor some other day when I need a little unasked for assistance.

If it came stock with a 27 front, it very likely is NOT a 44 rear, but rather a 41 rear. They look almost identical, but virtually nothing internally will transfer over so be really careful you know what it is. 2 cents.

And Gibby, glad you got that hood. Great deal in my opinion. You can pay me back the favor some other day when I need a little unasked for assistance.

Ya thats why i asked him to check, my rear has 44 (and then somthing else after that) stamped on it:awesomework:

Ok so I have been literally workin myself to death out in the yard--so I am now caught up for the time beaing(only a couple items left :awesomework: )

Ok so this lil gem was dropped off last week..

gmb72.jpg

Its out of a YJ--just what I was looking for. So I took some measurements..

Here is the adapter (at least for easy terms I will call it that)

gmb73.jpg

So I basically cut it and reworked the firewall side of it, drilled it and cut a hole in the firewall

gmb74.jpg

gmb75.jpg

Once that piece was made--I went and measured/trimmed the tunnel portion of the adapter (roughly shortened it by 1.5")

gmb76.jpg

And there is the booster on the firewall..

gmb77.jpg

Ok so I have been literally workin myself to death out in the yard--so I am now caught up for the time beaing(only a couple items left :awesomework: )

gmb77.jpg

So what happened to the family of mice living in the booster?

I hope Gibby has deep pockets...that thing is going to cost him more than the rest of the work you are doing :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

So what happened to the family of mice living in the booster?

I hope Gibby has deep pockets...that thing is going to cost him more than the rest of the work you are doing :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

The slipped out into jeffs rig :haha:

I was more wondering if the IDEA would would, not so much that actual kit. I'm thinking snorkel with an electric fan inline.

Lets look at the math.

A three amp electric motor. Generates 8 PSI of boost (per the ad). That'll equate to around an additional 150 horsepower.

so.... yup, the math really makes sense.

Shoud have posted this in the chatterbox. Sorrrrrry.

edit http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/el_blower/index.html

Last edited:
I was more wondering if the IDEA would would, not so much that actual kit. I'm thinking snorkel with an electric fan inline.

How big (current draw and physical size) would a fan need to be to produce enough air to make 8 PSI of boost at max RPM for your motor?

How big (current draw and physical size) would a fan need to be to produce enough air to make 8 PSI of boost at max RPM for your motor?

I wonder what the formula would be for that?
It's a 283ci motor - man it's been a LONG time since auto shop to remember what the CFM would be for the motor at 5500rpm.

You guys are kidding--right :eeek:

Ok so I have an email off to novak with pictures and such to try and get this adapter mess figured out...

In the mean time I have no parts but I have a lil tube left so--I am going to start some figuring and bending up a few pieces of tube...

But the motor is really throwing me for a loop as alot rides around that...

I have a hood and a grill to get to you as well, but well see if they're needed.

What's throwing you for a loop on the motor... are you referring just to the clutch stuff?