• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Ok I have been pokking thru info as I have time. And I cannot figure out what bellhousing the rig has since I don't see that style listed on novaks site anyplace....

Because from I can tell--novaks adapter stuf uses a different input shaft assy on the tranny and I think thats whats totoly screwing me up.....

Ok I have been pokking thru info as I have time. And I cannot figure out what bellhousing the rig has since I don't see that style listed on novaks site anyplace....

Because from I can tell--novaks adapter stuf uses a different input shaft assy on the tranny and I think thats whats totoly screwing me up.....

That bellhousing came with the vehicle when Jaydog bought it. I have NO idea whose it is.

From what I can tell and in talking with Novaks in the past they have different input shafts if necessary. When I ordered the parts (it's been a few years now) I measured the shaft to get the right parts. The only thing they couldn't tell me was which throwout bearing to use because it had to be partially assembled to get the correct bearing.

Novaks is pretty good with their tech support, you may have to resort to that since you have the parts. I would happily call but I don't know that I would get the right answers for you.

if you guys are looking for some tranny parts for those old 3 speeds from the flatties, let me know... I have a few of them layin around... I think one or two of them have some adaptors on them too.. but I would have to look again for sure on the adaptors part..
:)

hey mike, why are u not done yet. Mine is about ready to roll:cheer:

April Fools :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: .

Looking good Mike and get r done :awesomework:

Things aren't looking good, there's a BFH sitting in front of it now....:eeek:

I have had to spend the last few days in the yard fixing stuff--thats my yard tool,lol--and getting the camper ready for the summer--damn lil things in life--I need more hours in the day.

Ok I am going to make a call monday dale to novak and see what we can come up with. I won't be shocked if we end up having to get a different input on the tranny (I will veryify exactly what tranny we have monday morning) or maybe they will have an idea on what throw out bearing.

They also showed a nice hydro setup for the swap but thats using there bellhousing..

I have had to spend the last few days in the yard fixing stuff--thats my yard tool,lol--and getting the camper ready for the summer--damn lil things in life--I need more hours in the day.

Ok I am going to make a call monday dale to novak and see what we can come up with. I won't be shocked if we end up having to get a different input on the tranny (I will veryify exactly what tranny we have monday morning) or maybe they will have an idea on what throw out bearing.

They also showed a nice hydro setup for the swap but thats using there bellhousing..

Where'd you see that hydrosetup? I couldn't find that.

Its time to PARTY :redneck:

So since I had space to work--I went and ripped all the stock pedal stuff out---wow they made these pedals to withstand a large calibur round I think :eeek:

gmb50.jpg

So time to have a lil fun on thne tub.

Here are the seat mounts that were in the rig.

gmb51.jpg

Here is the roll bar-thing a ma gig--cute isn't it :redneck:

gmb52.jpg

Here is the steel plates on top of both fender wells--yes thats 1/4" plate with 1/4" angle material...

gmb53.jpg

Here is the fuel cell that was in the rig---and there is a piece of wood thats there as an insulator :eeek:

gmb54.jpg

I found a little trick--how to lighten a rig up by a couple hundred pounds--and yes that is poop pipe :haha:

gmb55.jpg

Ahhhhh---that looks a lil better---reminds me of an episode of mash :haha:

gmb56.jpg

So once I unbolted--then cut the old stuff out---had to do a lil grinding ---here is what I found under the plating on the fender wells..

gmb57.jpg

gmb58.jpg

gmb59.jpg

that tub is toasted. you should just give it to me and build the whole rig out of tube:haha: dont scratch my fenders:eeek:

Any of you MB guys know what those compartments are/were for? Or is that just a completely rotted out fender well?

that tub is toasted. you should just give it to me and build the whole rig out of tube:haha: dont scratch my fenders:eeek:

Ya know, I wonder if a fiberglass CJ tub would fit on that? I know where I can get an unused one pretty cheap...

Nah, I like the MASH look.

cough cough :fawkdancesmiley:

Any of you MB guys know what those compartments are/were for? Or is that just a completely rotted out fender well?

Its really odd--because if you look down in the fenderwell---they look like stock fenderwells but they kinda overlap those compartments--kinda like its a half breed of some kind. But there is a fair amount of rust down in the corners

they were tool boxes which is kinda strange considering the rest of the tub dosent look original and the after market ones that I have seen dont usally have the tool boxes like that

Latest posts