• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

All that work and leave the t-90 in I thought you knew better, oh yeah this is a jeep/willy's???? find a t-15,t-176,t-177 they will live alot longer. and any of those can be found cheap and easy.

Tranny can be upgraded pretty easily--plus its not mine ya bully :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

change it now...

Allright funny guys. What's wrong with THAT transmission?

It was built for a 50 HP engine(flat four) and 28 inch tire jeep(those old army tires). Drive it out of the shop, do a first gear drop at about 3000 rpm and listen for the big bang!!! Oh video it too. The sound is really cool sounding.

I've heard it out on the trail alot, much easier to fix when it is right in front of the shop, but it is pretty fun towing a rig back to camp on the first day out.

I See how it is..

Tranny can be upgraded pretty easily--plus its not mine ya bully :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

Oh, your not nice....True, easy swap do it now and be done that way you don't have to fawk with the linkage again...The t-15 is a bolt in swap...and I never hurt mine with a V-8 and 33 swampers. I believe the highhood had it the last time I saw it years after I sold it.

OK, so I need to find a different transmission... The way I drive it WILL break if it's not up to snuff. Let's go that route.

Recommendations?

Oh, your not nice....True, easy swap do it now and be done that way you don't have to fawk with the linkage again...The t-15 is a bolt in swap...and I never hurt mine with a V-8 and 33 swampers. I believe the highhood had it the last time I saw it years after I sold it.

So I assume we will need to get the correct bellhousing since the 3.8 is a 60 degree bolt pattern and not your typical 90 degree like on a SB

OK, so I need to find a different transmission... The way I drive it WILL break if it's not up to snuff. Let's go that route.

Recommendations?

Dale--repeat after me--this is jackson's rig--not dads

This is jacksons rig---not dads :redneck:

T-18 4 speed with granny low first is nice and small not much modification to get it to fit in these tiny rigs

Im going down this route when i have some cash, suprised my poor T90 is still alive lol

Dale--repeat after me--this is jackson's rig--not dads

This is jacksons rig---not dads :redneck:
You obviously haven't met Jackson, I've seen him ride his quad and that apple fell close to the tree, he'll be trying to do wheelies in it. :haha:

You obviously haven't met Jackson, I've seen him ride his quad and that apple fell close to the tree, he'll be trying to do wheelies in it. :haha:

The cage is BECAUSE of Jackson's driving! We put the running up on two wheels last time out and the passengers and I are leaning to keep it from flopping and Jackson's trying to get it to flop...:cool:

OK, would the SM420 fit with what we have and what's been done so far? Can we still get the t-case that Pokey has to work? I'm not sure about what bolts up to or adapts up to what?

The cage is BECAUSE of Jackson's driving! We put the running up on two wheels last time out and the passengers and I are leaning to keep it from flopping and Jackson's trying to get it to flop...:cool:

OK, would the SM420 fit with what we have and what's been done so far? Can we still get the t-case that Pokey has to work? I'm not sure about what bolts up to or adapts up to what?

what T-case is it again?

Has an 18 but will be getting a 20--let me rephrase that--it needs a 20 :redneck:

I dunno dale-- I would have to bet some of the floor would have to go away :redneck:

mmmmhmmm

and your driveline would be really short for the rear driveshaft:eeek:

mmmmhmmm

and your driveline would be really short for the rear driveshaft:eeek:

I thought the 420 was the tranny for doing chev v8 swaps in jeeps cuz it holds up well and is the shortest option. what 4 speeds are shorter? after getting adapters, which are only bought once. the 420 is cheap to replace compared to a t-18. and IRIC the the t18 has to be from a ford to get a first gear as low as the 420? if from a ford it has to have the input shaft changed also, meaning you need a jeep t18 and a ford t18 to get the super low geared box. if using a 420 you can get marlins adapter to run toy transfer cases also. food for thought. PS Im not a jeep dude so double check this if correct.:awesomework: