• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

So, the last big piece. I found a NEW copper core radiator, 1 5/16" thick, 18 1/8" high by 20" wide. Upper inlet on left, lower outlet on right.

Will this fit the bill?

It's $300, which I think is a little high, but no shipping, sales tax etc...

out of curiosity..... why a copper core and not an aluminum radiator??

just curious as the copper ones are so flipping expensive now days....

I had some time and looked it over and found I can get a couple other items done prior to the rad.

I got the PS mount modified and fitted.

gmb-283.jpg

I got some more plates burned and welded onto the frame.

gmb-284.jpg

Bent a couple pieces of tube/cut/notch.

gmb-285.jpg

These will serve 2 purpose's. First giving more support to the bashable fenders. If dale gets mad he can jump up/down on the fenders :)redneck:) and they will also be a place for shocks to mount (to be later figured out).

gmb-286.jpg

gmb-287.jpg

gmb-288.jpg

So here is where I hit a dead end and I can only "roughly" figure for the power steering components till I get a rad in place. But I am shooting to put the res tank on the passenger side. This will give plenty of room and keep it high enough to not cause any problems.

gmb-289.jpg

gmb-290.jpg

crash;910393\ First giving more support to the bashable fenders.[B said:
If dale gets mad [/B]he can jump up/down on the fenders :)redneck:)

Thats a oxymoron.. Dale doesnt get mad....:redneck::haha:

Mike, are you going to be home on Sunday afternoon?

I have the radiator and was going to bring it up to you.

Got me parts :D

And I gotta get this thing outa here before dale adds any more stuff :D

It was just a second battery mount and a rear winch mount? Knowing you, you'll redesign the entire rear end of the vehicle for the winch!:awesomework:

:redneck: This is yr 5 IIRC, how many times has the build changed directions??? Or powerplants, or....:D

Do I hear crickets :D

Dales boy got to see the rig for the first time last night too... Its going to fit him nicely I think....

Do I hear crickets :D

Dales boy got to see the rig for the first time last night too... Its going to fit him nicely I think....

I had a laugh. He walked in, saw the rig and jumped right in the driver's seat. He's 10 and we already have to move the seat back...

I remember when i was that young sitting in my dads old jeep while he was working on it. (the same one he is still wheeling, and pretty much the same set up).

Those are some good memories. Something your son should remember for a long time :awesomework:

Great work! It's good to know it's close to complete.

I have a question about the front fenders. Are they connected to the cowl? I only ask because a buddy of mine did a similar thing up front to Gibby's but the back of the fender connected to the cowl. Since the front of the fender is solid/frame mounted and the rear was body mounted, flexing out the rig caused the back of the fender and cowl to tear out.

Just my $.02. I'll go back to sleep.:beer: