• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Great work! It's good to know it's close to complete.

I have a question about the front fenders. Are they connected to the cowl? I only ask because a buddy of mine did a similar thing up front to Gibby's but the back of the fender connected to the cowl. Since the front of the fender is solid/frame mounted and the rear was body mounted, flexing out the rig caused the back of the fender and cowl to tear out.

Just my $.02. I'll go back to sleep.:beer:

The body is hard mounted to the frame front/back and the only body attachment to the tube is on the down slope of the rear of the fenders. They are only small tabs to keep the sheet metal from slapping around.

So Gibby and crash how long has the build been going for???? Looks like it's perfect timing for the re opening of reiter!!!!:;:awesomework::beer:

It's rediculous :

1. That this is taking so long. (5 1/2 years so far)

2. That your contact with him is through a public forum

3.:eeek:

It's rediculous :

1. That this is taking so long. (5 1/2 years so far)

2. That your contact with him is through a public forum

3.:eeek:

Mike never seems to have a working phone line, or it keeps changing :)

I can't imagine how large is PM box gets...

I am old and slow plus time was spent with taking care of my father.

Dale I got material on sunday and give me 2 weeks and it will be ready...

But should have updates here in a few days...

I am old and slow plus time was spent with taking care of my father.

Dale I got material on sunday and give me 2 weeks and it will be ready...

But should have updates here in a few days...

I know you had lots on your plate. Just wanted to give a little nudge in case you were feeling the need to bend and burn :)

I know you had lots on your plate. Just wanted to give a little nudge in case you were feeling the need to bend and burn :)

I can use a little nudge........ Kinda like a fire needs a spark...... Crap--spark and **** fell off the rig :redneck:

Time to get the radiator mounted..

I want to run it a little more forward ( for when dale wants to toss that lil 3.8 for a good chev 4.3 :redneck:) since the option is there..

gmb290%7E0.jpg

I want to remove some material and also make a nice flat surface. It looks like a fat kid sat on the area where the rad would be.

gmb-291.jpg

All cut flush. I only removed about 3/4-1" but now its a nice flat surface.

gmb-292.jpg

First thing I know I need to remove is this big fat turd..

gmb-293.jpg

Nothing like cutting something in pure anger...

gmb-294.jpg

I made caps and welded them into place to give a good footing for the new cross member to sit.

gmb-295.jpg

Time to build the mounting setup for the rad.

gmb296.jpg

Hope to have something soon...

Classic Mike. This big ol honkin piece of frame is in the way. Let's take it out and build a better one LOL!

I was thinking you were just going to make some longer tabs...

Classic Mike. This big ol honkin piece of frame is in the way. Let's take it out and build a better one LOL!

I was thinking you were just going to make some longer tabs...

I was going to originally cut some of it out and plate it but where it met the fame was in poor shape so--I just got rid of it. The mount for the rad will be tricky and we will have plenty of room for a good puller coolant fan....