• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Man down.. Man down!! What's the worst pain you ever had??

shoulder surgery. had my shoulder REPLACED 3 years ago and then they had to go back in less than a year later to fix some stuff that wasn't right. on top of that, I didn't take a single pain med either time.

not a fun rehab and it's still not right. might have to have surgery #3 ::)

got another one of these on the top as well

I spent 2 weeks laying on my stomach on the floor waiting for back surgery when it went out in 2012. When it went, I tried to push through but 5 mins later I was crawling across my living room floor (10 mins to move ~10' towards a chair to lean on) crying from a mix of pain and frustration that I couldn't make my body move.

My back. The disc between L3&L4 was gone and part of the vertebrate was crushed.

I've had youth aches, wisdom teeth, cut the part of my thumb off, broken my nose a few times, even bruised a kidney play football in high school. Nothing remotely compares to my back.

Attachments

• IMG_85690552400280.jpeg
    IMG_85690552400280.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 96
tooth aches are a mofo, cause it hurts your whole head. I have lower back pain, and an enormous herniated disc due to half a dozen lumbar drains.
BUT having low/no cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) in your head due to leaking... zero comparison. Morphine doesn't kill the pain. You have to lay flat on your back with no movement no pillow in a dark room and not lift your head. I did that for weeks. For months. All while a a lumbar drain was in my lower back.

So think about a hangover, it's that kind of pain, times 2 or 3. It's rough. Hangover's are due to dehydration including CSF, but you do have some CSF, imagine not having any. The brain sits on bone membrane. And it hurts like no other pain I've ever felt. I begged, pleaded for the nurse to kill me. One even got in bed to console me once. I was truly grateful for her compassion, They thought I was dying, mainly because I was.

Jtremor said:
My back. The disc between L3&L4 was gone and part of the vertebrate was crushed.

I've had youth aches, wisdom teeth, cut the part of my thumb off, broken my nose a few times, even bruised a kidney play football in high school. Nothing remotely compares to my back.

Dayum! that pic is fawking horrible

Re:

Mine would be a blood clot the length of my leg. I am 6'4 so long legs. Finally went to the doctor when I couldn't walk on it and was ready to cut it off. The clot came from hitting my leg when going in to a burning house.

Luckily it was in the superficial vein, which it stopped at the joint of the deep vein. I'm lucky it didn't throw a clot and kill me. Had two weeks of blood thinner injections, which it finally cleared up and pain went away.

I can feel it still though when the seasons change or if a front comes in. Before it totally healed up a major front was coming in during the winter and my leg was killing me and when the rain started it felt like I was given morphine.

I have had kidney stone but that ain't **** compared to hemroid surgery TWICE! Dear god I wanted to die the first bm after the surgery felt like shitting a pine cone that was on fire! :****:

Top 3 in order. I was 25 I worked in crown equipments fab shop. I was putting a break press die away, and pinched my pinky bt 2 100 lb dies while wearing my gloves. Didn't feel a thing, which told me it was bad. Went to my foremans desk and told him what I did, and he asked if I looked, I said no, so I looked away and took my glove off. He muttered a few expletives and called the medical team, then slipped a rubber glove on me. Glove was full of blood by time we got to hospital, still couldn't feel a thing, but finally looked at it. Took the pinky clean off right past the knuckle. Dr put a couple stitches in it, andbasically I was gonna have a short finger. Real impressive dr in hind site. Anyways, finger grew back, no bone in it, but the finger nail is about 1.5 times bigger than the other nail now. The day I cut it, nothing, the next week was the worst pain of my life till that point.

About 3 years ago, was doing our 6 am work out w my lifting buddies. My 1 buddy decided starting off w heavy dead lifts was a good idea. About 3 sets in I felt the pop and the pinch, and there went my sciatica, at least that was our expert diagnosis as my buddies had pulled there's before. Worst pain I'd ever felt up till that point.

Fast forward 2 years, and about 40 lbs of fat later bc I still can't work out or run, and I'm driving to work at 7 am. I start feeling a little discomfort in my lower back. I think it's my static acting up like it does sometimes. By the time I get to the rest area 12 miles up the road, I'm curled up in the fetal position with tears rolling down my face bc I'm in so much pain. My back hurts so bad, I actually sat down on a toilet seat in a seedy ass rest area bc it's the only thing keeping pressure off of my back (no ass paper in any of the stalls). I finally realize after an hour of alternating walking laps, sitting, and laying on a bird **** covered picnic table that it's not my back that hurts so I vall my wife to come get me (over an hour away), I've realized it feels like someone is driving a spike covered armored elephant down my penis. I hurt so bad by the point my wife shows up (been 2hours at this point since I got there), that I've changed clothes 3times bc my clothes were hurting. I even layer on that bird **** covered picnic table in just my boxers for about 10 minutes bc I couldn't take my clothes touching me. We get to the hospital, take an X-ray and ct scan, and the dr finally comes in and says he has good news, bad news, and worse news. Good news, I passed the stone. Bad news, I have 1 in my other kidney still (sum bitch has moved twice since, damn does it hurt when it does). Worse news, he asks "when did you fracture your spine?" Apparently it wasn't my siaticacting. Damn.

15 more lbs from not being to excercise, and I'm still fat.

I would never, in a million years, wish a kidney stone on anyone.......ever. Friend of mine swears she would rather give birth to simultaneous twins before she would want to pass another stone. :****:

Re: Re: Re: Man down.. Man down!! What's the worst pain you ever had??

LandSpeeder said:
My eyes, in the gym locker room a few years ago when an 80 y/o man was bukkid nekkid brushing his teeth for 15 minutes at the sink...
And you sat a stared for 15minutes ?

lowbudgetjunk said:
Swelling of the spine. Bonus is that causes temporarily paralysis :dblthumb:

This!! I've had kidney stones, finger mashed off and hanging by a little skin, bones sticking out of my body and my back tops it all. I bent down to pick up a piece of paper and hit the floor. My legs looked like a drunk dude passed out. The pain was unreal but not being able to move my legs was pretty damn scary. 45 minutes later I managed to army crawl across one room to my phone to call my wife. I left in an ambulance and spent 5 days in the hospital. After day three I started to walk again with leg braces and a walker. Luckily all of my damage is one single disc, it just happens to be against my spinal chord. If it starts to hurt, I start to eat Advil like candy to keep the swelling down.

Shoulder surgery, hernia repair and wisdom teeth removed aren't **** compared to a ripped ear drum. I've had all of those and would do any again before an ear injury.

I got dog knotted one time, bitch drug me around for 15 minutes, damn thing came out all purple and swollen.Didnt go back to normal for a week

Re: Re: Man down.. Man down!! What's the worst pain you ever had??

Elliott said:
I got dog knotted one time, bitch drug me around for 15 minutes, damn thing came out all purple and swollen.Didnt go back to normal for a week
Quoted for posterity!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

My Coccyx contusion was by far the most intense pain I've ever felt :****:. (Tailbone injury) I was working in the shop one night.. I dropped down to grind a section of frame I caught the tip end of my tailbone on the front output shaft of a manual transmission on jack stands behind me. Hopefully the majority of you have never bruised or fractured your tailbone and be thankful if you haven't, I experienced the most debilitating, intense pain I've ever felt in my life. For the next 24 hours I had random and frequent muscle contractions that caused a pain so intense, words can't describe. I literally almost passed out several times.. There must be 1000 nerve endings connected to the tailbone right there at the base of the spine.

Damn! I don't want no part of toothaches or kidney stones after readin all them horror stories! :****: :'(

I will have to say I never had any bad pain after my big bike wreck, I was knocked unconscious initially, and drugged like hell the rest of the time, so nothing ever really stuck out as the excrutiating.

However....when I was about 17, I wrecked the hell out of a motocross bike on a dirt (chert) road running about 60mph. wheelied over top of a hill and on the other side, a tree was across the road that blew over the night before. It kicked me over the handlebars and I slid head first down the middle of the dirt road 50-60mph wearing camo pants, cutoff t shirt, helmet and gloves. Had skints and cuts all over, but the main thing that got me was my knees. I guess I was trying to hold myself up off the ground to keep my belly from getting ate up. Wore the skin down to my knee caps, like could see the bone, mangled flesh, bleeding like a stuck hog all over.

I was in the middle of bum fukt Egypt, no cell phone, and by myself...barely could pick the bike up but couldn't kickstart it (no electric start on mx bike) due to the pain in my knees. Ended up pushing it to the ditch and just dropping it (no kickstand either), and started hobbling down the road. After about 200 yds, somebody came by in an El Camino and stopped. They asked if I needed a ride and I said no, just needed cell phone to call my mother. So I called her, told her where I was, and started walking back to where the bike was. She got there in about 15 minutes, picked the bike up for me, kickstarted it for me (go mom!) and I rode it back home while she followed me, blood dripping everywhere. Got home, dumped bike in front yard, got in with her and headed to the ER. They stiched up what they could, and put immobilizers on my legs so I couldn't bend them and the wounds could heal. Had to keep my legs completely straight for 2 months. Ever tried shitting with yer legs straight out in front of you??? Hard as fawk! I remember trying to walk to the bathroom from the couch and it being the worst pain in the world. I had crutches and couldn't even move my legs forward because it would draw up my kneecap and hurt like hell. Mom would crawl on the floor and push my legs forward, one by one.

I've put my parents through hell wrecking motorcycles over the years. I definitely could not ask for better folks to take care of me. Damn, haven't thought about that story in a long time. It sucks balls to be fawked up bigger than **** and being out in the middle of nowhere alone with no cell phone!