• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Man down.. Man down!! What's the worst pain you ever had??

kmcminn said:
Bringing this to the top. I had another absest come up in myour orbital socket. Well before going in and draining the absest they decided to get an ENT Dr. To see what was causing it.

The E N T Dr. Ended up breaking a bunch of bones in my nose and widening holes everywhere. This is my worst recovery.

Sounds horrible hope you get to feeling better soon

My 2 favorites;

I was helping hold a piece of metal at a fab shop while another guy welded on it and didn't notice that a spark had jumped up on my thermal shirt and caught fire. I was looking away to avoid getting Flash and felt my arm getting warm. By the time I finally smelt burnt shirt and skin, the fire had actually melted the shirt onto my arm from wrist to shoulder. BUT, that's not what really hurt, it was when the nurse had to scrub the 2nd degree burns clean and pick out the burnt pieces of the shirt from my skin. I was in and out of it quite a bit that day.

The other time was when I smashed my thumb while at work. It swoll up like a grapefruit and felt like it was going to rip open from the pressure built up inside. The only way the doctor could release the pressure was to drill through the thumbnail and when they did my hand jerked back and the doctors drill stuck in the wall. SUMBITCH stung like crazy. Hurts to even think about them. :****:

An employee of mine jumping at a trampoline park in Florence. He came down wrong after doing a front flip and broke both ankles. One is much worse than the other. This just happened last weekend. Keep him in your prayers, he has a long, hard road ahead of him.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 104
PS.... His leg is straight and his foot is at a 90 degree to the right. He crushed the left ankle and destroyed everything in his right ankle. (Tendons, ligaments and bones).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 107
kmcminn said:
Bringing this to the top. I had another absest come up in myour orbital socket. Well before going in and draining the absest they decided to get an ENT Dr. To see what was causing it.

The E N T Dr. Ended up breaking a bunch of bones in my nose and widening holes everywhere. This is my worst recovery.

Dang Kev , I know that has to be excruciating! Wishing you a speedy recovery bud.

smbroady82 said:
Micah, did he land on the trampoline or on the ground or something???
He landed on the trampoline. I was told he over rotated and landed with his feet pointed out some and the angle and the force combined was Not good. Really just a freak accident. He's a very athletic and pretty in shape guy.

Hate those trampoline joints, local one opened up last year and seemed like we had an ortho patient every other day for a few months from there. Sorry about your hockey/baseball/football/track season kid, here are your crutches. Can be surprising what a 3mm stone can do to a full grown man too..

5onrocks said:
He landed on the trampoline. I was told he over rotated and landed with his feet pointed out some and the angle and the force combined was Not good. Really just a freak accident. He's a very athletic and pretty in shape guy.

Yuck

Is that trampoline place out in Decatur ?

When I eat too much red meat and don't stay hydrated I'll have an episode of gout in either ankle and my right knee......I'd rather slam my nutts in the tailgate of my truck. Gout sucks.

I woke up the other day and my lower back was hurting . They think it's a herniated disc. I am not sure yet but I know if I bend a certain way it hurts like hell . Been to chiropractor and not helping . Waiting on MRI what can I expect for treatment?

Re: Man down.. Man down!! What's the worst pain you ever had??

crawler 129 said:
I woke up the other day and my lower back was hurting . They think it's a herniated disc. I am not sure yet but I know if I bend a certain way it hurts like hell . Been to chiropractor and not helping . Waiting on MRI what can I expect for treatment?
They will prob wanna cut on ya and ruin ur life, there's a lot of alternative therapy these days so use surgery as last result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same thing in 02 picked up a ttr225 and tried to put in my super duty. Something popped. Me anf the bike sent down. Thought i pulled my acl. Dealt with the pain untill i fell in the shower and almost broke my arm. Wife made me go. Sent to dr, went and got and mri. Herniated L6 or L7. Dr wanted to do sugery like the next week. Told hem HELL NO!!! Told him to figure somethine else out. Came back with me taking a muscle relaxer and an anti inflammatory wanted to give me a pain pill i told him i didnt want any. He looked at me like i was crazy. Told him i have dealt with the pain for so long i wanted to kno when the pain was gone. Went back a week later i was perfectly fine. Had full range of motion and no pain. Do not let them cut on you. Look at all your options.

Sitting here on the couch reading this! I raped by back this weekend, installed a 50 gallon hot water by myself Friday, moved a 64 gun safe that weighed 567 lb with only me and one other dude Saturday, and picked up a 4l60e transmission with convertor out of my truck Sunday, I feel funky.

crawler 129 said:

Had my first back surgery when I was 16, second at 27, I'm 34 now and not having any issues, but still have two messed up disc. I've got nerve damage in my lower left leg because I waited to long the first time before I had surgery. I had several MRI's between surgeries. They will try physical therapy first, some times a steroid pack, which helped me 3 times to keep from having surgery. Second they will try nerve block, which has helped many people. Last case is usually surgery. The last time I had surgery the Dr asked me how I was able to walk after he saw my MRI. With all that said, I would have no problem having surgery again, but would try everything else I could first.

Back In 97 while at DMV getting my bike tagged, I had a guy towing a 35' boat on a tri-axle trailer make a turn in front of me while I was stopped. The boat pushed me over against the curb ( Which broke my right ankle ) and proceeded to run my left leg over. The only reason he came to a stop was the bike, me and the curb were acting like a wheel chock. So there I was with a tire parked on my leg when the guy came walking back to see what was stopping him. Shattered my bones and ripped a bunch of mussels in two.
Long story short, with only a 10% chance of keeping my leg (Proved them wrong ) I spent 4 weeks in hospital, two months in a hospital bed at home, over 400 staples holding my leg together, and a year off work...I walk with a limp and I can only bend my leg half way.

And after all that...........The worst pain I'm ever had has to be a kidney stone!!!!! Cried like a little girl. ;D