• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Matt O's Ultra4 Buggy - EOR Racing #4462

Re: Matt O's S&N Fab Buggy Updates & KOH Prep/Rebuild

P said:
That was simply because I stated in plain southern english.. I was moving.

( and Peters rig has 10 foot pole written all over it ) laughing1

That is cool, maybe sometime next Friday-Sunday when I get back from the beach we can work on it. I really just need the ram guard for Harlan, but if I could get the rear shocks done also I would be stoked. Thanks

Order some blingy hardware and we can hang UMHW on the bottom of the ram guard too.... flush mount countersunk stainless blang blang...

( make sure you order to much hardware so I can hang my skidz with it as well :flipoff1: )

Matt O. said:
That is cool, maybe sometime next Friday-Sunday when I get back from the beach we can work on it. I really just need the ram guard for Harlan, but if I could get the rear shocks done also I would be stoked. Thanks

What beach?

John Galbreath Jr. said:
What beach?

Destin, where are you gonna be in your beach tour 08?

I have some nice countersunk stuff I think, will check

Matt O. said:
Destin, where are you gonna be in your beach tour 08?

I have some nice countersunk stuff I think, will check

Saturday - Monday - Melbourne Beach
Monday - Travel
Monday - Wednesday - New Smyrna Beach
Wednesday - Travel
Wednesday - Saturday - St. Augustine

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Saturday - Monday - Melbourne Beach
Monday - Travel
Monday - Wednesday - New Smyrna Beach
Wednesday - Travel
Wednesday - Saturday - St. Augustine

So you will already be on the Atlantic side by then...

Yesterday was sawsome! Fab day at Matt O's netted several major items off the list for good! A proper ram guard from 1.75" Tube, properly centered ram that gives me good steering in both directions, and a new pieced of tube and upper shock mounts in the rear that put the shocks in the right place and away from tire rubbage like before. Also got my ps pump back from PSC and put a new belt on. No more squeal when I go lock to lock. I am very happy with the improvements made this week. Gotta finish up painting then pics

Im glad we went with my idea on the ram guard and not the two bend style like on the TJ... it looks really good on there.

Good times, you did work I weldered and pointed , love that part laughing1

P thanks a bunch for letting me borrow the tools, materials and your skills. Got the shocks sanded and clear coated today. Emptied the oil and nitrogen and added new. Found that my rears were almost slap full of oil 390ml or so. I added new oil to about 360ml and set the nitrogen up to get me my ride height. I was telling P the rear end was harsh riding at speed, guess 400ml of oil will do that. Gave it a test run and it feels real nice out back now. Could probably stand to lose 20-30ml still, but all in all good stuff.

P let's dial your shocks in, that **** is fun!

Im in, **** bring it son !! I was thinking earlier today playin I was going to hit the bike shop today and by some oil so I could knock it out this week.

HOLLA

Cool, I got my reg setup today and it is nice! We should of set the tabs on the rear shocks at ride height and not full extension, they seem to be at a bad angle now. Oh well, I will keep an eye on them

Nothing like fabbin by Hi-Lift with no N2 and oil considerations... Just another rush job nothing to see here. :flipoff1:

Yeah the bottom edge of the tab rubs the body of the shock just barely. I plan to address it tommorrow with a flap disc and a little more N2. Should be OK

I bet a hammer and a flapper will do the trick.... IF you dont want to mess with N2 settings.

Put small tube cut to length in between the tabs and put the bolt through there. If its that "little" of a bit its rubbing you can probably el-cabong that bitch right. laughing1

Not the best pics of the ram guard since it is all dark in the shop

SNFabBuggy058.jpg

SNFabBuggy059.jpg

New Rear Shock Mounts. Good is that they are more up right (above the axle), leaned further in to avoid tire rubbage and lower so I am not wasting any shock shaft like before. Bad is we set the misalignment up at full extension and not ride height. The body of the shock is just barely in the tab.
SNFabBuggy060.jpg

SNFabBuggy061.jpg

SNFabBuggy064.jpg

Kitty likes sticky tires
SNFabBuggy066.jpg

thats what its all about, learning. at full compression will the angle get worse?

Looks to me like that would bind at full bump, or I am just looking at it wrong? :dunno:

Yea thats pretty much horrible, I didnt think your rear would cycle that much during wheel travel so I really wasnt concerned with it, but damn that isnt cool at all. Im sure you hit something hard thats gonna molest the shock . That shits gotta get re-tabbed .

The easy fix would be to get a pair of these from poly performance, grind a corner so that it sits crooked (perpendicular to the shock) and weld it in place. I like this kind of bracket because while it may be $4 more you don't have to worry about the bolt lining up, the width is always perfect, and the truss gives extra strength and welding surface.

Having said that, my rear shocks aren't a lot better and I've been running them like that for a while now. :dunno: