• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

Opinion alert: This tire will own the market if they are easy enough to get. The Sx has a lackluster compound and serious wear issues. The 42 reds have a crappy compound and are on available for a 20 inch rim. The 42 trep is the answer. Tougher, stickier, and much better wearing than an sx.... better in the slop than a red and available on a 17.

muddinmetal said:
Opinion alert: This tire will own the market if they are easy enough to get. The Sx has a lackluster compound and serious wear issues. The 42 reds have a crappy compound and are on available for a 20 inch rim. The 42 trep is the answer. Tougher, stickier, and much better wearing than an sx.... better in the slop than a red and available on a 17.
I fear you are correct, sir. Gonna be hard to beat in the sticky 40"+ category.

muddinmetal said:

I pretty much agree with all this except you have the nothing but Swamper nut swingers that will never change

smbroady82 said:
It will probably be late next spring, but I think I'm gonna try a set once I get a lil more weepow installed

Did Mo tell you about the " lil extra weepow" I had for that Yota

smbroady82 said:
he did sir, I am having an internal debate between that and a 5.3... I'll let ya know something soon bud

I ran a 350tbi/350 turbo in my Toyota for 15yrs and loved every minute of it.

smbroady82 said:
he did sir, I am having an internal debate between that and a 5.3... I'll let ya know something soon bud
Honestly id do the 5.3 and never look back. Other than the cool factor of the whistle of the turbo, my new 5.3 is night and day differwnt from the 4.3 turbod single seater. With that being said, I've still been looking and contemplating a way to turbo my 5.3 :driving:

86chevota said:
I ran a 350tbi/350 turbo in my Toyota for 15yrs and loved every minute of it.

zayne2427 said:
Honestly id do the 5.3 and never look back. Other than the cool factor of the whistle of the turbo, my new 5.3 is night and day differwnt from the 4.3 turbod single seater. With that being said, I've still been looking and contemplating a way to turbo my 5.3 :driving:

I am strongly leaning towards a 5.3/350 tranny and being done with it. I feel like if we turbo it, I'll be happy for a little while and then want more power.

That or I could leave it be and start gathering parts for something else ....... ;D

muddinmetal said:

redneckengineered said:
I pretty much agree with all this except you have the nothing but Swamper nut swingers that will never change

I've been considering the switch from the 43" SX to a 40" Trep. Coming from a Krawler, I'm let down by the lack of "stickiness" with the SX. Although, I was pretty impressed this weekend with how well the SX performed in the mud.

Maybe Nate will get him some of 42" Treps so we can see how they do. Then I could sell my 43's to one of these SX :tc

wizzo said:
I've been considering the switch from the 43" SX to a 40" Trep. Coming from a Krawler, I'm let down by the lack of "stickiness" with the SX. Although, I was pretty impressed this weekend with how well the SX performed in the mud.

Maybe Nate will get him some of 42" Treps so we can see how they do. Then I could sell my 43's to one of these SX :tc
WiZzo I know a guy with 40's that may trade ya. :****: