• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MMORV - ROCK RALLY '10... August 7th

Re: ROCK RALLY '10... August 7th

Thanks to everyone that came out to race and spectate the rally. I had a great time and it looks as if most of you did as well. ;D

Also, a huge thanks to everyone who made it possible this year working the event, and making it very well organized and planned.

Jimmy, Ben, John G., J.J., Mark, Chris, Shannon, Greg, Steve, Chris, and everyone else that helped; you guys were awesome and are greatly appreciated!

thumb.gif

Great event. Thanks to everyone for putting it on.

Another thanks goes to master chef Ben, best BBQ ever.

Cole has his tool bag, handed it off to someone on course.

I will be posting up the times as soon as the Excel file is mailed to me.

redneckengineered said:
Since I only got about 20 seconds of racing in I was itching to go hit some **** after the race and promptly blew my Atlas t-case in half.

Is that what happened when you made it to the top of Loop Springs? We wondered what the heck happened when we head a loud ass breakage sound all the way from the bottom...

It was fun! Thanks to all the hard work guys! :drinkers:

Now to fix my junk! :popcorn:

MMountain said:
Also, a huge thanks to everyone who made it possible this year working the event, and making it very well organized and planned.

Jimmy, Ben, John G., J.J., Mark, Chris, Shannon, Greg, Steve, Chris, and everyone else that helped; you guys were awesome and are greatly appreciated!

thumb.gif

X2!

has there ever been any consideration to move the event to late Sept. or early Oct? i believe it would help with the driver and spectator turnout considerably......either way i hope yall do it again next year!

Neal3000 said:
X2!

has there ever been any consideration to move the event to late Sept. or early Oct? i believe it would help with the driver and spectator turnout considerably......either way i hope yall do it again next year!
have you seen the weather at MMORV that time of year... either way, i will not do another one... the amount of effort vs. payoff is not worth it to me... i have 4-5 saturdays plus the 4 days i was there this past week, not counting i have to drive back up there just to pick my dump trailer up... i didnt mind all of that, but for 15 racers and 5 bombers, it is simply not worth it to me...

I hear ya Jimmy. You worked your ass off. I tip my hat to you sir. thumb.gif It was sad to only see a handful show up. ???

to me late sept. is the best weather of the year, still dry but not nearly as hot.......anyway i can sure understand you not wanting to waste yourself continuing on with it on.......but i DO really hate it because you've done a killer job of organizing and planning it the last two years

Sucks you put all that work into it. Atleast you won the bomber race :dblthumb:
I think the heat plays a big role in the turnout.

Where you guys selling food or drinks? If you were I had no idea and niether did anyone else.

A sign out on HWY 9 would have helped a little & flyers scattered around to various parts stores help as well. We are throwing a huge event at the Park in Auburn the 21st weekend. We are going to try the advertise the crap out of it method and see what we get :dunno:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Sucks you put all that work into it. Atleast you won the bomber race :dblthumb:
I think the heat plays a big role in the turnout.

Where you guys selling food or drinks? If you were I had no idea and niether did anyone else.

A sign out on HWY 9 would have helped a little & flyers scattered around to various parts stores help as well.

I agree totally. When I turned off hwy 9, I could have missed it as there was no signage at all. On a hot day ike that, I think a bikini car wash on the corner would have helped slow folks down. I don't want to see the mouth of the south's hard work go forgotten and unnoticed as Jimmy did a great job and John was more the Silent Bob of the group. Plus, F'ing Jimmy's face was priceless when he came around the back stretch knowing he was going in the ditch being followed by the Benz'er :****:

Sounds to me if we want this event to continue we need to pony up some time. I'll be the first, Jimmy I will volunteer to help plan this event next year! thumb.gif

BMan said:
Sounds to me if we want this event to continue we need to pony up some time. I'll be the first, Jimmy I will volunteer to help plan this event next year! thumb.gif
planning is not the problem, getting people there is...

Guys I had a blast as well. Some how we have to have another race next year. 2nd place just doesn't cut it for me. I need another race to take first.:flipoff1: drool

Jimmy I don't think it was lack of effort on any of yall's part. Was anything else going on that weekend? The attendance was very low. I don't know what will bring the crowd in, but the event seems appealing enough. The track was laid out well for both races, and very organized. I was banking on having to park on the street to get in. Maybe it was the heat. Mmm! wet socks on a hot August day in Alabama.

I think the small turnout was due to the heat, rain, and the fact that people either had to leave their house at 6am to make it to the start of the race or camp out the night before in the heat. I think we could have all done a better job of marketing the race as well..

Regardless, I had a blast and hope we can do it again! Props to Jimmy, John G, and all the other volunteers for putting in all the time & money to make this thing happen :dblthumb: