• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

***Money Pit 2.0! 4dr Colorado, axletechs, supercharged 6.0, 54s***

Mx_racer_36

Okay well here is the situation... Many of yall may have seen my last build (money pit) which was actually the TTC champ in 2014. Well after ttc my lil girl was born and now it's time for a 4 door to accomidate the family. My first idea was a tbss so I bought one with intentions to build right after ttc. Well life got in the way and I bought some land and house and other stuff so I have not had time or $$ to do a build yet. Now that those things are about wrapped up I'm getting close to starting. I have had a guy hounding me to buy my tbss so I decided to look for a 4dr Colorado and I found one Dirt cheap so I have decided to continue the money pit theme! The Colorado will be a lot more capable than the tbss woulda been due to being able to get the cog down lower and not worry about bustin all the glass (I'm still worried bout crushing the rear doors).

So long story short project Man Van is aborted, and project Money Pit 2.0 is a go!

As far as a build I bought the Colorado and 2 days ago bought a 06 2500 work truck for the 6.0 and 4l80e,
MOTOR:
I ordered a ls3 blower cam from Texas speed along with lifters, valve springs, push rods, oil pump, timing chain, and head studs! I have a set of l92 heads and a blower off a zl1. I am going to run the lsa lssimple.com 8 rib accessory drive kit, and a 2.5 pully on the blower which should get it to about 13lbs of boost. My money pit with the 5.3 and mp112 was about 350hp, I am shooting for 600hp range with this build. Prob use doug thorley long tube headers for a 5.3 colorado, and use current performance conversion harness so everything will work like factory! Ac and heat are a must!

TRANSMISSION:/TRANSFER CASE
The 4l80 is a 2wd so I will need the out put shaft swapped and if needs rebuilt I'll have it rebuilt at that time, I plan on running monster transmission 2600-2800 stall to go with my cam.
I will be running NWF black box with a 205 and there Titan shaft and cable shifters

FRAME:
I am still up in the air weathere to run 2x4 3/16 like I did on money pit or to do a dual 1.75 or 2 in dom frame. Will be Exo caged even tho I know a lot of yall hate Exo cages I want it to not look like a crushed coke can.

AXLES/WHEELS/TIRES/SUSPENSION:
I am gonna go ahead and run axletechs, dual triangulated 4 link, dbl ended Rams, electric pump, stazworks self centering, staZworks is building me some custom 20x14 aluminum double beadlocks, 54in baja claws, 18in Kings as long as driveline angles will allow.

BODY:
As far as body I am gonna leave as much as bed as I can, probaly dovetail it, need to replace one fender, and add a cowl hood, will loose the headlights and park lights and put a 12in led bar in the park lamp spot for headlights.
And of course it will get a coat of dodge snakeskin green!

Well I think that sums up most of it
And questions, opinions, or suggestions I am open ears! As soon as my tbss sells which hopefull is Friday I'll order my nwf stuff, and steering, and a pile of metal!

Just out of curiosity, why not go with a straight drive care? I ask bc that's a lot of weight, tire, and motor. I can't wait to see the building begin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Stupid iPhone thinks it's smarter than me lol.

If I was building a bouncer I'd think about it, but I want selectable ratio, 1:1 for being able to cruise down the road at 50-55 atleast if needed, 3:1 (or close) for normal wheeling, and hitting stuff I need wheel speed for, and 5.33 to 1 for the tight actually crawling spots. I broke 2 stock 205 rear outputs in money pit so I will be using Titan rear output

Man that thing sounds Heavy!!! As far as the axles they are gear reduction at the hub right? What is the final ratio of the axles? Are you at all worried or concerned with how much it will weigh?

They are 6.88 final ratio , yes they are planetariey axles, yea she is gonna be a pig, prob 8500-9k. But I'm shooting for 8k

My current rig is 7400.

Thanks for the explanation. Lot different than the typical builds on this site lol

I do have a more typical build for this sight but it's a year or so down the road! It's just collecting dust for now! Gotta have family ride done before I work on a me ride!

Mark Munson outta Vernon texas built the chassis and it has changed hands a few tilmes since and never been finshed .

The envoy on techs is josh Gammill. He is a good friend that lives bout 45 min from me and was also my co driver in ttc! I actually had the tbss idea and bought all my stuff and he likes the idea so he bought the envoy but I'm kut now getting time to start mine a year later lol! And it's now gonna be a colorado which was what josh originally wanted find to build lol...

Here is actually a video of me pulling the envoy out the night befor thanksgiving

I did sell it last oct and about a month ago I got a chance to buy it back, I'm am swapping out my axles for some overson 2.5 tons and gonna sell it again, the hybrids are going under the bouncer chassis

Mx_racer_36 said:
I did sell it last oct and about a month ago I got a chance to buy it back, I'm am swapping out my axles for some overson 2.5 tons and gonna sell it again, the hybrids are going under the bouncer chassis

That's awesome....sorry for derail