• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Morris Mtn: ROCK RALLYE, August 1st

Cole said:
So how many miles is this Race? What all trails are included?
its just under 8 miles per lap... probably 2 laps... trails are various.. nothing to hard, we are trying to keep traffic moving... i ran one lap in 26 minutes...

If you get hot running this.... .your rigs just terribly maintain'd or you wired your fan backwards ! laughing1

man only a fawking tard would wire a fan backwards and think it will do well at speed... there arent any idiots like that in this area...

I keep going back and forth on this. That Friday is the last day of my vacation with my family in Gatlinburg. We are going from Saturday to Saturday. I guess I could always tow my stuff over that way and leave it somewhere during the week and cut my trip a day early and pick my stuff up and head on over. Decisions, decisions.

THe camera is mine..its a Cannon HF10 and a "rollbar" mount..We played around with it last weekend and are still trying to stop the shaking..this wknd we used a flash card instead of the HD and played with some of the camera setting..also using a wide angle lens...we are still learning.

bbone said:
THe camera is mine..its a Cannon HF10 and a "rollbar" mount..We played around with it last weekend and are still trying to stop the shaking..this wknd we used a flash card instead of the HD and played with some of the camera setting..also using a wide angle lens...we are still learning.

Cool, You should really look in to a Go-Pro. I paid $150 for mine and it takes a little flash card and holds 56 minutes and is completely Waterproof. Comes with a bunch of different mounting options.

So Jimmy how does the course run? What all trails are involved? I assume you guys already have it laid out since you can prerun it. Do you guys have a map drawn up. Who is in charge of keeping time? Are there check points? if so how many?

leave camp, travel up the access road towards primos, lake a left and go down daddy bills hill, turn right and go up red wasp canyon, turn left and go down the primos bypass, make a right down by the lake and go back up the true entance to primos up by the field where the deer stand is, turn left then right and go down greenhorn, this puts you into the loop springs valley, you will pick your own line to come out of that valley, there are three optional climbs, out of that and turn left onto sunday drive, then turn left onto the back forty, this is new and a fun dirt section, then that dumps you at the base of new still hill, new still hill is an optional line, if you take it you save time or you make a right and go towards rbd and mall crawl, these are optional line as well, or you can go all the way around fishhead valley and come out on the access road, both of these culminate into the intersection at the very top of the mountain, you will then traval down the mountain and make a left on the old access trail, this is just before you would get to the right where you would turn to go to the top of primos, anyways at the bottom of the old access trail you tun left like you are going to scenic overlook, follow the access road til you get to that gravel road, haul ass here and be prepared for a U turn, this area is new for the race, make the U turn onto the power lines that are there, and follow this around to the creek crossing that you will go through or the optional creek jump, which will be faster, at this point you are down by the jump track...

so for the front side of the mountain, as you are leaving the jump track area, you will go towards the base of copperhead, make the left there, haul ass to the end of copperhead and run it backwards, like the wounded warriors rock race, so up the hill, down the hill, and back up the hill, then you will make a left on the access road, and then you next left back down the mountain, its a little baby rock section there, make a U turn up red wasp canyon, follow this up to the end of gauntlet, and go down the gauntlet, make a U turn at the bottom of gauntlet onto a little bypass trail and now you are at the top of vnotch, and destabalizer, you can go down any of these areas, it doesnt matter, make a left at the bottom and go up that small trail to the left of punisher, this will lead you to the access road at the end of woodpecker lips, follow the access road all the way around to the rock gardens, bypass all of that and make a left on the main trail, then a right like you are going to turner over, this is where you make a right onto the "county road" which is where i did the prerun video, this is about 3/4 mile long, make a left at the end of the county road and up the trail there, this will lead you back to the main trail, make a U turn and go towards GBU, you will then go into the top of GBU and pick your own line down, follow the trail once at the bottom that goes along the fence line until you make that right onto the skid road through all of the pine trees, this puts you back at camp and you will make the hard right once into the clearing going on the gravel road down by the mud drags and back across the bridge for a second lap...

there will be check points at the entrance to both mountains, this will make sure everyone does the course once they come out of the pits...

thanks for typing that out Jimmy. Sounds like an awesome course. I may try and swing it, not sure yet.

quit being a nancy and come do it... im telling you this **** is fun a hell, when will you get an oppurtunity to haul ass through any park???

Just for clarification, Jimmy described the Mod course, the Stock course is only about 6 mi. and bypasses most of the harder obstacles.

s10me said:
2 more weeks, P are you going to make it out there?

Waiting on parts to show up... I dont know , my exhaust stuff is supposed to deliver today, maybe Ill get lucky and the warranty gear set will be on the same brown truck.