• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mountain Side Ownership.

rock yuppie said:
Still working on the guest / family issue. I hope to have answers soon.

Just an idea and not that I know very much: Sell the land to an LLC for the 200K that you are wanting. Sells keys to the gate at 250 or something low like that. That one key is good for the name that purchased it, 1 4x4, any truck and trailer pulling it, and anyone sitting in the 4x4. No guest can bring there own 4x4 under the same key. Any rules that the LLC has set forth that are broken by a member or a person with that member is subject to a fine and/or loss of there key for the rest of the year. Have a few clean up days throughout the day that a member must be present at a least 1 cleanup day or a fine is imposed on the next year that they renew. The key cannot be sold and if it is lost then it is another 250 or whatever the price is set at to get another one.

Set the price at the equilbrium so that there aren't too many people but not too high that us poor folks cant enjoy a year of wheeling. You can be the only employee of the LLC and pay yourself. If you want to do a charity event then the LLC can decide all rules and purchase insurance for that 1 ride and not discuss it with 200 people all wanting different things.

It might suck on not bringing your buddy and his rig but it will keep the sue happy folks ts bay (hopefully) and the ones that wanna wheel there. If your buddy wants to come then make them buy a key. The price is good for one key at a set start and end date. You have one month to complete the purchase of your key and after that your outta luck until the next year. You cannot wheel until you have recieved your key which would be completed once all funds are recieved. If you are cought bringing in multiple rigs under one key then I think you should be banned for life. Everyone signs a contract understanding all rules, fees, prices, and so on.

Just an idea, so flame away.

Just wanted to post this up I am a member in a offroad club in bedford KY that is motorcycles only we own 500 acres that we ride on and hold events here are our fees 250.00 one time fee for Attorneys fees for setting you up as a part owner then it is 500.00 dollars a year member ship fee witch go's towards up keep and to buy more land witch the 500.00 seems high to some people but we have a 150 member cap so that the land don't get beet down, as far as guest the person that brings the guest is responable for them we have had alot of people get hurt and one die at the property and so far everything has been fine. I can find out more if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Also if you were closer to me I would be in on this also.

I maybe out of line hear, but Bob is not a stupid guy. He's actually pretty smart and I believe he knows alot about how the land and insurance works. Just because you have insurance of any kind, your still liable in some way or another. It doesn't matter that the land is under an LLC, CORP, charity non profit, blah blah blah. Indivisuals can still be held liable, and who ever has the most at stake is liable. Even if you did have all owners of the property, each owner would still have to have some sort of umbrella policy. Plus when you live in a nation as free as ours, where a kid can sue or even divorce his/hers parents. Then really who is safe from a lawsuit.
Just a shot in the dark, and my own personal opinion, but It seems like Bob may have alot at stake keeping the property open. If he needs to close down the park then let him. If thats the case, I would not have any hard feelings at all.

Every land owner has a lot at stake when they open their land up for others to wheel on. I was at Flashover and full throttle climbs the last Saturday everybody rode and witnessed a group of four wheelers shoot up one of the slick rocky climbs without helmets on. When they came back around for another go at it I called them out and said they were not to be on those climbs without a helmet or something to that affect. They all looked at me like I had lost my mind for trying to keep them safe. [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size]

It's all about minimizing risk, all risk cannot be eliminated. Trying to keep it at a level acceptable is a good goal.

They're trying to close down Aetna again and Mike M at DTown frustrated with the lack of return on investment he has into the 4x4 park............and other current issues with other parks ......we maybe left to mud bogging before long! :gtfo:

Mudd'n is all thats left over here in GA,, :puke: , its jsut way too much for me to clean, The only hope we in GA have is D-town and its even seeing tough times, and Mike is still developing the place. I understand what one must do for thierself but is seems like its a domino effect, last year RiverRock closed, sucked, i loved that place, now MSORP, then Aetna, whos' next?? - i Mean Greyrock is always rumoring to close for mining..

drich394 said:
Mudd'n is all thats left over here in GA,, :puke: , its jsut way too much for me to clean, The only hope we in GA have is D-town and its even seeing tough times, and Mike is still developing the place. I understand what one must do for thierself but is seems like its a domino effect, last year RiverRock closed, sucked, i loved that place, now MSORP, then Aetna, whos' next?? - i Mean Greyrock is always rumoring to close for mining..

I had a long talk with Mike D and Mike M at DTown last weekend while I was out there shooting. He's pretty frustrated about not enough folks getting on the obstacle course so I gave my input there and for how to market events and such. I expect some changes to the course soon. I got the impression he's not ready to throw in the towel yet. Right now they've not re-couped the initial investment made to cut the trail and make the obstacle course. Being a business with a few other areas not making money like expected because of the turn in economy I can understand his concerns. We need to support DTown or he could turn it all back into ATV, UTV, side x side and MotoX. They have much more than trails to offer. yes they do need to develop the park more for our rigs but that won't happen until they break even or start making money to invest back into it.

zukiscott said:
WAIT, WHAT....2.25 hours plus 3 hours from Atl WHAT :dunno:

is Union Point a bouy floatin in the frikin Atlantic :dunno:

???

Go back to drinking Julio! LOL! To clarify from ATL about 2.25 hrs. Neal done be livin in da sticks I think! Would 5.25 hours get you into the water? :dunno:

if we buy into this membership thing, are we allowed to set up a mobile home and call it home?