• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mufflers and Cats

FlowMaster has sooooo many different styles/types available today...They will have something you are looking for...and IMVHO are the best sounding muffler on a V-8 period.....Magnaflows are 2nd... but that's just me!

If you go flowmaster, get the 70 or 80 series.
I had a 40 on a ZJ with no cat, sounded OK but resonated badly at 30-35 and was a little hard to hear the back seat at hi-way speeds.

We did run a Dynomax muffler on the racecar, 2.3L Ford, looked like a glorified glasspack, but did like the sound.

hes not running them now tho...is he?

no way in hell would i add them...especially on an offroad rig...

no cats now, i'm trying to be more of a law abiding road citizen, I want to turn it into a road queen, drive it to and from the trails, never really wheeling it. :awesomework:

Cheapy "turbo" Thrush (or Thrust, can't remember).. but ya, 99% sure what you saw at the parts house.

I have them on two of my rigs, quite but sounds good. Sure, not a "performance" muffler, and you don't get that muscle car sounds that Flowmasters are known for (but then I don't liek 40-siers FM's), but have a good rumble if you get on it, but quite enough to not draw attention. And for like $30-$40 ea. local, hard to beat.

They are offset baffle, so spark-arresting properties, get the job done and are quick and cheap. VAST improvement over strait cherry bombs. Pick them up tonight along with a coupld pieces of flex tube and clamps, have them on by morning. :awesomework:

Cheapy "turbo" Thrush (or Thrust, can't remember).. but ya, 99% sure what you saw at the parts house.

I have them on two of my rigs, quite but sounds good. Sure, not a "performance" muffler, and you don't get that muscle car sounds that Flowmasters are known for (but then I don't liek 40-siers FM's), but have a good rumble if you get on it, but quite enough to not draw attention. And for like $30-$40 ea. local, hard to beat.

They are offset baffle, so spark-arresting properties, get the job done and are quick and cheap. VAST improvement over strait cherry bombs. Pick them up tonight along with a coupld pieces of flex tube and clamps, have them on by morning. :awesomework:

im not getting flex pipe! :haha: