• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Bus,,, My Bus,,, My Bus...

I took a break from the bus over the holidays... Need to get back to it, just sucks when it gets dark at 4:30... It would be a lot nicer if I had a big shop that I could work on it in...

The next thing will be getting the walls insulated and covered, then the bunk beds... A good friend is hooking me up with some materials for the bunks... Then I'll start building the cabinets...

Got a letter from the county about the carport today, so I have to get that tore down first...

So, I got the clear lenses for the upper lights today...

Also got the cot replacement material last week...

A huge thanks to Dan(basher13) for hooking me up with a bunch of stuff...:cool:

He let me tear the inside out of a motorhome over the last couple of weeks... I grabbed just about everything I could... I'll post up some pics of what I pulled from the Winnie a little later...

Here's the lenses... They should light up camp really nicely...

0217111606.jpg
[/IMG]

When is this ****er gonna be done?

When I post pics of me drinking in the woods sitting under the awning...:fawkdancesmiley:

Got the new clear lenses on... I have to figure out what wires make them work... When the bus was decommissioned they pulled all the toggles that work the safety stuff that's only legal to use on school busses... So, I need to figure out which one works them and remove the flasher...

I like the way they look...:cool:

0218111657.jpg

0218111657a.jpg

0218111658.jpg

0218111737.jpg

Just as a gimmick, it would be kinda neat to have the "flashers" hooked up... I think I might have a strobe/flasher somewhere..IF i find it, its yours...

Looking good Luey!!

BTW.. I just recently found the place but theres a clutch/Brake shop down on puyallup ave near the T-dome that sales all sorts of LED lights.... Think Iam going to be stopping by there to check there prices soon...:awesomework:

Picked up a couple of seats out of a Dodge van from a good friend of mine, thanks Rick...

They lay down into beds... Have seat belts for 6... Really good shape, but an ugly red... I'll paint the bases and look into seat covers...

They measure 54" long, so I can't face them forward because it wouldn't leave enough space to get around them with the galley in place... So, I plan on mounting them where they are sitting and build an end table between them...

0308111337.jpg

0308111539.jpg

0308111540.jpg

Got the rest of the exterior lights... Everything is led's except for the uppers that are sealed beam flood type... I had to take the backing plates off and paint them black, the only ones I could find that would work were either chrome or white...

Trying to get everything back together and take it to emissions this week...

Still need to mount the hitch...

0426112012.jpg

A HUGE thanks goes out to Dan(basher13) here on the board... A little while back he PM'd me asking if I wanted any parts off of a motorhome he was scrapping...

I met up with him at his place and there was a lot of usable stuff... Asked him what I could pull off of it and what he wanted for it... He let me and my boys attack the thing and take whatever we needed for a bottle of whiskey...

Stopped by the liquor store on the way home and picked up a half gallon of Sailor Jerry's for trade and started tearing stuff out the next day...

Here's some pics of the goods, there's still a lot of small misc things I have in tubs from the motorhome...

Thanks again Dan...:cheer:

Fresh water holding tank... This might be the one I end up using because of space...

0427111451a.jpg

Really nice stove, almost brand new...

0427111452.jpg

Toilet...

0427111452a.jpg

Hot water heater and range hood...

0427111452b.jpg

A good size propane furnace with 3 vents/ducting...

0427111453.jpg

Water pump...

0427111453a.jpg

Fuse box with a long heavy gauge shore power cable...

0427111453b.jpg

Double stainless sink with faucet and all the plumbing...

0427111454.jpg

A bunch of water lines and copper propane lines for all of the appliances...

0427111455.jpg

An RV aluminum ladder for the bunks...

0427111455a.jpg

And a ton more stuff...

I was messing around with google sketch up tonight and put my vision in 3D...

The galley is on the driverside... The driver seat and stairs are in the empty space at the front...

topview.jpg

backviewdriverside.jpg

backviewpassengerside.jpg

driverside.jpg

passengerside.jpg