• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Bus,,, My Bus,,, My Bus...

I found an RV Salvage yard that just opened up out in Bonney Lake...

They have a good selection for just getting started and the prices are really good...

I picked up 5 windows, all have screens except for the one that is non-functional... $100 for all 5...:cool:

0820101624.jpg

Also bought a 21' awning for $150... It's complete and in great shape, only has one tear about 2" long at the end right where it attaches to the RV(easy fix)... I still need to find a way to get that back to the house... I don't have a way to tow the car trailer until I put a hitch on the bus...

I also picked up a roll of some sound dampening insulation from a buddy for free... I might use it where the old bus windows used to be... Thanks again Matt...:awesomework:

0820101629.jpg

Have to go out and get after some more grinding and cutting... Nothing exciting, but has to get done to start the cool stuff...

Went and picked up the 21' awning yesterday... Thanks for the assist Dustin...:awesomework:

Got the side door off and gonna start grinding away at the rivets, then rebuild it so it has the same shape as the rest of the bus... I would never be able to use the side door with the awning open and I really don't want to work around it with the floor plan...

0820101755.jpg

Holy crap those rivets have to be tedious:mad:

I'm sitting here,trying to think of a "better" way.... belt sander with 40 grit?....plasma cutter to knock the heads off(still have to grind the slag away)......air chissel?

....................damn......good luck:beer:

build is awesome:awesomework:

Holy crap those rivets have to be tedious:mad:

I'm sitting here,trying to think of a "better" way.... belt sander with 40 grit?....plasma cutter to knock the heads off(still have to grind the slag away)......air chissel?

....................damn......good luck:beer:

build is awesome:awesomework:

I'm getting pretty good at the rivets, using a cut-off wheel and then a punch to knock them out... I've tried several different ways and this seems to work the best... Either way they suck...

Free? Is that what you call it when you exchange a blowjob for insulation, free?

Blowjob is a pretty strong word... More like playing with an oversized clit...:fawkdancesmiley:

Yeah, I was going to say cut-off wheel too, but wasn't sure you were concerned about grinding material around the rivets. It's not always the neatest way.

I've become some what of a surgeon with a cut-off wheel...:redneck:

The stove came today... I pulled out the slate that I'm gonna use for the hearth...

Gonna build a riser with storage underneath for fire wood... Thinking it'll be about a foot tall... Then some corrugated metal for the walls behind it that will be mounted away from the wall about an inch and a half for air flow...

0824101307.jpg

Stickers suck balls...

Spent the other day removing stickers...

Hit them with a heat gun and scrap... Rinse... Repeat...

You'd be surprised how many stickers are on a ****ing school bus...

Using Goo Gone to get the sticky **** off afterward...

Stickers suck balls...

Spent the other day removing stickers...

Hit them with a heat gun and scrap... Rinse... Repeat...

You'd be surprised how many stickers are on a ****ing school bus...

Using Goo Gone to get the sticky **** off afterward...

ever try the pin stripe eraser ?its like an erase you put in a drill , it removes the sicker and glue with out damaging the paint.

ever try the pin stripe eraser ?its like an erase you put in a drill , it removes the sicker and glue with out damaging the paint.

Where the **** do I get one of those???:corn:

EDIT: Just googled it and now I'm pissed... I had no ****ing idea about those... Thanks for the late heads up... I'm buying one tomorrow, guessing an auto body supply would have them...

Last edited:

EDIT: Just googled it and now I'm pissed... I had no ****ing idea about those... Thanks for the late heads up... I'm buying one tomorrow, guessing an auto body supply would have them...

I bet harbor freight even has them. if you have lots to remove get a few

You didn't know about eraser wheels!? That's the ONLY way to remove stickers and decals!

Had no idea about those...:redneck:

Went and picked up the foam rubber for the mattresses and cushions...

30"x72"x3"... Should be comfy...:cool:

0829101724.jpg

0829101726.jpg

0829101726a.jpg

Well, it started raining today...:mad:

I got the frame for the side door out and was cutting metal to fill it last night when I heard the weather report on the news... So, I threw the windows back in temporarily on the passenger side and taped plastic over the big hole I just made in the side of my bus...

I had to deal with school schedules for the kids this morning then started on the inside rivets... God I hate rivets...:mad:

I was cutting the head off with a cut off wheel at first, then hit it with a hammer and punch... That was working, but I soon realized how many cut off wheels I was gonna go threw and started to rethink my technique...

I tried getting a saw-z-all blade behind the sheet and cut the shaft of the rivet with no luck...

I went back to the cut straight into the head and attack with the air chisel... Taking way to long and my hand is numb...

Using a cutting torch doesn't seem like a good idea, because they are galvanized sheets and fiber glass insulation behind that...

Anyone have any ideas??? I've got hundreds more to go and at this rate I could make a career out of rivet removal with no retirement in the near future...

There's got to be a better way... I'm open to just about anything right now...

Latest posts