• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Bus,,, My Bus,,, My Bus...

perfect coler dude.....if i would have painted my yota that flat green....i would have got my 7 point last noght

I wasnt talking crap, your doing good work :awesomework: I think it would have giving it a more modern luxury bus look if it was a bit different color maybe 2 tone

Its all good though :beer:

No prob... I wasn't taking it that way...

It's gonna have a bit of a military look...

I've got a picture in my head I'm shooting for...

Same way I designed the Blazer when I built it...

I've seen some really nice luxury conversion builds, I just need a mobile command post up in the woods while I'm wheelin...:cool:

perfect coler dude.....if i would have painted my yota that flat green....i would have got my 7 point last noght

It's actually an Italian Olive Satin... I used Krylon rattle cans on the Blazer and a buddy got the bus paint matched for me... Not completely flat so it wont suck in oils and such... Check out the Krylon at Walmart...

I got the roof painted and another coat on the rest of it yesterday... The morning dew dried and doesn't seem to be an issue...:cheer:

I'm gonna let it cure today and probably mask and shoot the black tomorrow...

Thanks to Casey(skinny pedal) for hookin' a brutha up with some color... I used up all two gallons... Cut it close, but it did the whole thing...:cool:

1012101502a.jpg

1012101458.jpg

1012101501.jpg

1012101500a.jpg

:awesomework:moble comand nice...elbe assult! opperation busy wild...sweet bus...woodstove in a bus is a hard one to beat...put u right to sleep after a long cold day ...or night on the slushy trail:redneck:

I've been thinking about a few names for it... Have the acronym on the front and back, then spelled out on the sides... Here's a few I've been considering...

MUCV(Multi-Purpose Utility Command Vehicle) or (Mobile Utility Command Vehicle)...

MMUV(Mobile Multi-Purpose Utility Vehicle)...

MOCV(Mobile Off-Road Command Vehicle)...

Any others you guys can think of???

Prison Bus...:haha:

After it got primed the neighbor kept asking me if I was gonna take the whole neighborhood to church...:redneck:

As far as tech goes, anyone that has painted with a single stage kit already knows what is involved... For those that haven't, it's not bad once you get all the right info...

I talked to several auto paint suppliers in the area and everyone of them can lick my sweaty ball sack... Worthless ****ers... If you don't know the right terminology or come off like a newb, they really don't want to help you... And god forbid you mention that your not painting an old school hotrod or race car, the mere mention of a bus was enough to have them push me out the door...

Casey hooked me up with an acrylic urethane enamel that had to be mixed with a catalyst... I picked up a couple cans of reducer and some clear mixing cups with the mix ratios on the side... Poured 7 parts paint, 1 part catalyst and 2 parts reducer... I'm very happy with the outcome... Of course I didn't prep the bus the way you would for a nice job on a car, but I couldn't spend a couple months getting it ready for paint... The primer I used was an epoxy sealer kit you had to mix and it orange pealed a bit...

Shot it with a borrowed Harbor Freight gravity feed HVLP air gun at around 10 psi... Yeah I know HF sucks, but hey that's how I roll...:fawkdancesmiley:

I learned a lot about auto paint with this project... A lot about what not to do...:redneck:

Nice, hoping i could find some else that was painting their bus so that i could see what and how they did it.

Last edited:
Started cutting up some diamond plate for the windows and to cover the holes at the top... Thanks Shane for the plasma assist...:beer:

1016101353.jpg

1016101352.jpg

1016101519.jpg

Then started getting some black on it... I still have the other side I'll do tomorrow and paint the diamond plate for the back windows...

1018101738.jpg

1019101648.jpg

1019101736.jpg

Prison Bus...:haha:

After it got primed the neighbor kept asking me if I was gonna take the whole neighborhood to church...:redneck:

As far as tech goes, anyone that has painted with a single stage kit already knows what is involved... For those that haven't, it's not bad once you get all the right info...

I talked to several auto paint suppliers in the area and everyone of them can lick my sweaty ball sack... Worthless ****ers... If you don't know the right terminology or come off like a newb, they really don't want to help you... And god forbid you mention that your not painting an old school hotrod or race car, the mere mention of a bus was enough to have them push me out the door...

Casey hooked me up with an acrylic urethane enamel that had to be mixed with a catalyst... I picked up a couple cans of reducer and some clear mixing cups with the mix ratios on the side... Poured 7 parts paint, 1 part catalyst and 2 parts reducer... I'm very happy with the outcome... Of course I didn't prep the bus the way you would for a nice job on a car, but I couldn't spend a couple months getting it ready for paint... The primer I used was an epoxy sealer kit you had to mix and it orange pealed a bit...

Shot it with a borrowed Harbor Freight gravity feed HVLP air gun at around 10 psi... Yeah I know HF sucks, but hey that's how I roll...:fawkdancesmiley:

I learned a lot about auto paint with this project... A lot about what not to do...:redneck:

Hey its all one color (ok two) and thats all that really matters. You should have fixed that dent on the rear passenger corner though. Looking good :awesomework:

1019101736.jpg

Fawking Sweet!!!:D One thing you could do to hide the war-wound on the back corner is take some of the diamond plate, and cut/roll cab corners to cover it up...:awesomework:

There's little dents in a few different places... I wasn't really concerned with the body work... I could have spent most of the winter doing body work to make it perfect... It's one of those things that you have to make a judgment call on and time was getting short with the small window left in the weather to get done before winter...

I wont notice it while drinking beer next to the fire in the woods...:redneck:

yabut, you could take it wheelin' then, and not have to worry about the corners!!!:redneck::redneck:

Can I borrow it? Would be a sweet tail-gater for a duck game. :redneck: Paint a big yellow O on the flat panel where the lift was.

Got the passenger side awning installed today... Had to make some small plates to bolt to on the inside... Still have to install the driver side awning...

1022101630.jpg

1022101711.jpg