• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My dodge, My dodge, My dodge..................................

No Cummins in my driveway. My '05 Duramax dually does great for towing, mileage 15-18 empty, 13-14 towing jeep, 10-11 mileage two rigs big trailer headed to southern Cali Jeeps gear and trailer approx 14,000 when ran accross scale. I love the interior of the GMC Sierra and the ride of the truck compared to a straight axle. The only mods are an intake and 4 inch exhaust.

No Cummins in my driveway. My '05 Duramax dually does great for towing, mileage 15-18 empty, 13-14 towing jeep, 10-11 mileage two rigs big trailer headed to southern Cali Jeeps gear and trailer approx 14,000 when ran accross scale. I love the interior of the GMC Sierra and the ride of the truck compared to a straight axle. The only mods are an intake and 4 inch exhaust.
hell yeah! my dad just picked an '07 yesterday, and as soon as he got home he hands me the keys and says "drive it." that fawker will pitch itself sideways on dry pavement. i've ridden in skinny pedals '04, and this '07 puts it to shame.

I'll give the Duramax credit. I just wish that GM would at least offer a solid axle as an option. IFS is just inherently more weak and fragile than a solid axle which is only compounded if you want to run a larger tire. I suppose that IFS is okay for the tow rig. But to be that honest, I was never that impressed with the ride quality or handling of the higher GVWR GM IFS trucks. I honestly do not think that my 97 Ram rides any worse than the 94 GMC K2500 Suburban that it replaced. Same thing with the new Rams I have test driven compared to the newer GM truck that I have riden in.

The other thing is the transmission, can you even get a manual behind a D-max in a new truck?

The new Duramax doesn't come with a manual trans, the rated output of the engine exceeds that of the new 5 and 6 speed manual trans, you can still get a manual but it is detuned.

05 dodge, 6speed. its loud and on 35's but thats all... heavyest load the truck, trailer and load was 18,300lbs then we added 4 more guys and enough campin huntin gear for a week. i pulled snoqualmie at 70 ( the whole way ) and got about 14.5 mpg.. empty i get 18

yeah, the emblem on the dmax has duramax and allison all on one emblem which says right there that those two are mated together for good. we'll see how it lasts, but im liking the Manual option my dads tranny. when you shift into M, it gives you full control of 1-6 gear and will not shift on it's own. plus the tow haul is awesome. dodge and ford autos dont impress me, but the allison feels like a badass tranny. if i were to go with a ford (itd be a cold day in hell) or a dodge, i would go with a manual.

I pull this around and it's about 12K (Trailer and Hoe) I start out in second, and never run out of power, 512 South Hill in sixth gear.
Not sure on MPG yet, motor still isn't broke in all the way, but I am getting around 13 right now.

Fairlead010.jpg

Fairlead011.jpg

You're saying that tiny little hoe weighs ~10000lbs? Wow...

Most I've pulled as of yet is about 6 grand.:booo: :looser:

I love my Dodge even more now!!!!! Sound bend clutches:011: It will leave rubber on the street in 4thgear know!!!:beer:

Last edited:
id rather my sister be a whore than drive a dodge:fawkdancesmiley:

Hey A$$hole wheres the wheeler at?? Oh thats right you just a webwheeler:fawkdancesmiley:

Oh ya and tell your sister to be at my place at 11:masturbanana[1]:

If I didn't have anything to tow I guess a duramax would be fine!:corn:

You install the DD?

Nope just a 13" FE, It seems to be holding great, they are only rated for 1100 ft lbs.:redneck: