• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

my new 4 seater build

gomer pyle

I thought I would start a build thread. I sold my EOR buggy last year when my son was born and am in the process of building a 4 seater. I am trying to do everything(well almost) myself. Green Bean Fab bent and tacked my chassis and HeMan machine built my axles(both very good friends and been tremendous help). This is going to be a slow build, so bear with me.

List of the goodies
• 427 SBF with MASS FLOW(estimated 650hp)
• Built C6
• Atlas 3.0
• Steering d80s front and rear
• PSC steering
• PRP seats
• FOX emulsion coilovers
• FOX bumps in front
• 24 bolt hummer wheels

my old buggy

DSC_0616.jpg

the new chassis. i am getting the front done after motor is in
DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0728.jpg

going to use a CJ hood and grill
DSC_0132.jpg

d80 with hair cut top and bottom. has the same ground clearance as a d70. rock knuckles with custom HeMan high steer arms and brakes. as the axle sets in the pic it is 300lb. doing a little something different on the front and hope to get it even lighter.

Daniel, glad to see that you are building another buggy. Those Dana 80's look straight beefy! Still remember seeing the low-low wheel a few times at GMP.

skipnrocks said:
is the main advantage of the d80 the ring and pinion or does it have larger shafts also?
larger ring and pinion plus can run ouverson 2" shafts all the way(i am going to run 1 3/4 for now)

fordcontraption01 said:
Looks good what kind of seats is it set up for? May want to do a similar chassis for mine keep the progress and pics coming :dblthumb:
i am going to use a prp fat boy for driver and a regular for passenger and a jeep bench seat in back

Always liked your old buggy. Looking forward to your 4 seater build. Looking good so far thumb.gif :tc

thanks showtime. i'm no welder or fabricator but i wanted to try it myself.
hope to get the front sometime soon. will post more pics of it

gomer pyle said:
d80 with hair cut top and bottom. has the same ground clearance as a d70. rock knuckles with custom HeMan high steer arms and brakes. as the axle sets in the pic it is 300lb. doing a little something different on the front and hope to get it even lighter.

Is that 300 wet ready to run ? Seem really light if it is RTR!