• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

naches/manastash memorial day???

Lets all do our best to keep on the topic so I dont have to delete a bunch of useless BS posts and then hear all the whining about how my post got deleted:booo: Thanks :awesomework:

I exchanged emails with Sue at the Naches Ranger Dist.yesterday. They will have a decision from today to the end of the week.I will post up details as soon as I get them.

i talked to one someone at the naches ranger district yesterday, she was kind of short with me, dont know if i can blame her though. all she said was that there had been no decision as of yet and had no timeline. hopefully they will come up with a decision sooner than later, iam getting anxious:mad:

Here is what I know.
We've no news on the proposed trails closure order to share with you.

We're also waiting to see if we're furloughed tonite - we will not have TWIG if the government is shut down.

See you Tuesday nite - maybe :)

Sue Ranger

Susan Ranger
Recreation Planner/Trails and Wilderness Manager
Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forests
Naches Ranger District

Todays news from the CleElum district.

Hi Everyone...
I want to pass on the latest information regarding a Cle Elum Motorized Seasonal
Closure. I know there are a lot of rumors out there, and Tim and I finally got
the order....

1. Here is what will happen this season: There will be a Motorized Seasonal
Closure on the Cle Elum Ranger District until June 15th.

2. It will be a "flexible date" closure. This means trails will open when there
is a loop open, trees and debris have been removed from the tread, AND the snow
is off the trail (or there are minimum/passable patches).

3. The decision to open a trail will ultimately be Tim Foss'. However, his
decision to open a trail will come directly from those of us who are on the
ground and working on the trail. These people will include the ORV Ranger,
trail crew members, and our V-Team members who are helping log out trails.

4. We will certify a limited number of volunteers to help clear the system.
These folks include members from the NMA, PNW4WDA, and WOHVA. It is important
to keep in mind that these folks will have a MAJOR role in opening trails.
These volunteers will have some sort of identification for their 4x4 or motos.

5. The reason we are implementing this closure is twofold

... sucks for the people that are not on a forum where they will get this information....

I am sure there will still be a ass pile of people that roll to Manastash and Liberty on Memorial Day because they have no idea.

Hopefully the FS will have someone there at the bottom to tell people... "sorry about your luck kid... have a nice tow home, and thanks for wasting your time and money to try and take your family for some outdoor recreation on public land"

Also, when it says

There will be a Motorized Seasonal Closure on the Cle Elum Ranger District until June 15th.

does that include snowmobiles?

... sucks for the people that are not on a forum where they will get this information....

I am sure there will still be a ass pile of people that roll to Manastash and Liberty on Memorial Day because they have no idea.

Hopefully the FS will have someone there at the bottom to tell people... "sorry about your luck kid... have a nice tow home, and thanks for wasting your time and money to try and take your family for some outdoor recreation on public land"

Also, when it says

There will be a Motorized Seasonal Closure on the Cle Elum Ranger District until June 15th.

does that include snowmobiles?

I dont know Pooh, This "I didnt know" kinda lack of resposibility attitude just dosent fly these days. Even if your not on a forum or such theres these things called telephones that have been around for a couple of years now. The FS has had a "call before you go" policy for many years now and theres really no excuse for not checking first these days. Something about personal responsibility and all that . I guess its just a foreign concept to some people still (not refering to you just the kind of people your talking about)

The snomobile season is already closed......Sounds like Naches will be open for memorial 4wd though.

Have you heard something that I hav'nt :eeek: This is the latest from Naches (today)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello TWIG Member!

We will have TWIG tomorrow nite - and, it will be in the conference room as always!

Agenda items will include the proposed trails closure order, updates on the 1800/1808 bridge and the Miriam Creek Bridge, volunteer saw training, Boulder Cave and the White Nose Syndrome.

See you then.

Sue Ranger

Susan Ranger
Recreation Planner/Trails and Wilderness Manager
Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forests
Naches Ranger District
(509) 653-1446

... taken from the CleElum website (www.cleelumtrails.com)

Please note that the Naches Ranger District will be implementing the same type of closure, but it is not anticipated that that any motorized trails on the Naches District will be dry enough to open by Memorial Day.

I wouldn't take this for truth until the Naches district posts it themselves..:;

Sweet, so within the next ten years all the forest lands will be hermetically sealed and we'll be able to pay a small fee to view them through a window