• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

National Call To Boycott Target

BPINAZ said:
I read a news article that stated Target has lost 10 billion USD to date from the boycott.

You read wrong.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/18/target-q1-earnings-report.html

"Revenue for the quarter came in at $16.20 billion, against the comparable year-ago figure of $17.12 billion."

They're down a little compared to expectations but nothing close to 10 billion.

It is their quarterly performance against Wal-Mart, who is performing very well at the moment, that is surprising / alarming. Boycotters seem eager to attribute this to the boycott but it is just speculation. Competing against Wal-Mart is difficult to begin with.

Remember a few years ago when everyone was going to boycott Wal-Mart for not selling ammo? How is that one going? Are we all holding strong on that boycott still?

I can't boycott Target because I never shopped there to begin with. I never planned to start and surely don't now though.

Remember a few years ago when everyone was going to boycott Wal-Mart for not selling ammo? How is that one going? Are we all holding strong on that boycott still?

But....Walmart does sell ammo. In fact, in our tiny town it's the cheapest place to buy ammo.

They still sells guns here in TX too. I know some places Walmart stopped selling guns, but I think that is related to paperwork issues in certain states and problems with the ATF...but I could be wrong on that.

joho75287 said:
They still sells guns here in TX too. I know some places Walmart stopped selling guns, but I think that is related to paperwork issues in certain states and problems with the ATF...but I could be wrong on that.

They still sell guns in AZ, but no ARs. Which really sucks because they had a DPMS AR10 for less than $800 last year. Damn, I should have bought it when I had the chance.

Wal-Mart stopped selling it briefly, I don't remember why. It may have been after one of those school shootings. Everyone said they were gong to boycott Wal-Mart. There was an online petition to boycott. Just pointing out how temporal the average consumer is and how any smart multi-=national conglomerate knows to just bear the storm and all is fine after.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Hard to do without the walmarks on groceries, hygiene, and hot wheels, but I sure as fawk can do without Target.

Hell food city an dollar store has everything I need if they don't I'll do without :****:

easleycrawler said:
The thing that pisses me off about the ****, is not the fact that they are trans gender ****ers out there. It's the fact that they try and make me accept it and I need to be sensitive to their goddamn feelings. **** THAT ****.

EXACTLY! I don't care what people do, but don't force acceptance on me and preach "awareness" and all that other bullshit...