• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New 4 runner build

Jmsowell55

Alright Guys If everything falls in place I will own a 97 4runner 2wd with auto, plans
For tons under it , but it's got the 3.4 "thank God". Plans are to use my tcase out of my
84 with 4.7 gears and advance adapter to mate, big question is will I be satisfied with the auto
Are they junk, what will be my weak link. Any an all input needed

They are decent, don't have a high failure rate.

Check our RADesigns for some cool manual shifter setups.

I wouldn't trust a Toyota case w/ 4.7s in a full body rig on tons either. Unless maybe it was FULLY bling'd out (23 spline, upgraded out puts, AA reduction unit case) ... I'd look at putting an Atlas or a planetary reduction box & np205 in it.

I'd lean towards getting a NWF "Black Box" or a Klune, then putting a Ford NP205 behind that. Cheaper/stronger/more gear options :dblthumb:

Jmsowell55 said:
Alright Guys If everything falls in place I will own a 97 4runner 2wd with auto, plans
For tons under it , but it's got the 3.4 "thank God". Plans are to use my tcase out of my
84 with 4.7 gears and advance adapter to mate, big question is will I be satisfied with the auto
Are they junk, what will be my weak link. Any an all input needed

What gears you going to run in the axles? Ultimately it comes down to do you like slangin gears or not.

4.56, just looked at inch worms adapter, 700 not shipped, all I can think is are u ****in kidding me

Re: Re: Re: New 4 runner build

Technician said:
What about a Dana 300 twin sticked?

Toyota case = D300 strength wise. IMO.

Both are great for the size vehicle they are intended for, and can be greatly upgraded (turd polish), but I wouldn't trust either one in a ~5000lb rig on tons, especially with 4.56 gears.