• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NEW PLOW BOY MUD MEGA TRUCK

AdamF said:
So what is the difference between a monster truck and a mega truck besides the obvious tire sizes?
While I respect the "mud trucks" for their cool factor, I really don't see their purpose. To me, they're kinda the "drift cars' of the off road world. Cool to watch...but seem like just a "phase" or a "WOOO YEEEHAAAW" generator. Or maybe like the exhibition jet powered dragsters. Cool yes....but others out there can do it faster/better.

Now, with that said....would I drive one. YES! Would I build/buy one....not a chance.

:dblthumb: Very cool, only live once that's for sure. Hammer the skinny pedal and enjoy Richie Keith. Cole, Matt or Ricky B. do you know when the first event will be for Richie.

God Bless

Revelation Fab

tonybolton said:
While I respect the "mud trucks" for their cool factor, I really don't see their purpose. To me, they're kinda the "drift cars' of the off road world. Cool to watch...but seem like just a "phase" or a "WOOO YEEEHAAAW" generator. Or maybe like the exhibition jet powered dragsters. Cool yes....but others out there can do it faster/better.

Now, with that said....would I drive one. YES! Would I build/buy one....not a chance.

Sounds like you need to go to Perry,FL to a event...these trucks are awesome.

Why are their tires so big? Because the mud is that deep
Why 1600hp? Because blasting from one pond to another is way cool (YouTube livakiller)
Not sure othes can go thru deep mud, race and freestyle all in the same weekend as good as a well built mega truck.

tonybolton said:
Everyone thought Monster turcks were just a phase when they came out. So when was the first Bigfoot built? flashemifyougotem

Re: Re: NEW PLOW BOY MUD MEGA TRUCK

Do they have timed races? Everytime I see them on YouTube theyre jus driving arounnd hittin the same mud puddles until they flip over in a corner doing 35mph or endo off a big jump knocking an axle into the rear bumper.

Not hatin....jus uninformed.

Re: Re: NEW PLOW BOY MUD MEGA TRUCK

tonybolton said:
jus uninformed.
I agree with that! They race hill and hole strait line drags and freestyle these guys are a lot smarter than bouncers the well known name guys get paid just to show up!

So mechanically how are megas diffrent from monsters? Looks like you could switch tires and raise or lower the suspension on either and have the other type? Also moster trucks would be alot cooler if they kept them looking like trucks and not dogs,turtles or robots.

Re: Re: Re: NEW PLOW BOY MUD MEGA TRUCK

AdamF said:
Also moster trucks would be alot cooler if they kept them looking like trucks and not dogs,turtles or robots.

Lmao

But yea....whats the difference? I mean....could I put some 13x7 reverse daytons and white walls on my road race mustang and call it a low rider?

im not a big fan of mud trucks myself but i do think the "mega trucks" just might change Clear Channel's way of thinking with the Monster Truck entertainment. did any of yall c how the monster truck new repair facility is down here in Palmetto FL? word on the street is Clear Channel and Dennis Anderson had it out with regards to King Sling. Dennis Anderson's shop was the repair facility. Thats just what i heard. me personally i would rather go watch Mega Truck's over Monster Trucks with my kids all day long.

Some of them like bone collector is pretty much the same the smaller ones have different axles some Rockwells 2.5 and 5 ton some f106 and a couple have tons that are heavily braced! Power varies like any other sport from 500 up to 1800 more money the owner has the better built and more power.

AdamF said:
So mechanically how are megas diffrent from monsters? Looks like you could switch tires and raise or lower the suspension on either and have the other type? Also moster trucks would be alot cooler if they kept them looking like trucks and not dogs,turtles or robots.

It aint about you, its about the kids. Market towards kids, the parents fall in line.
Kids like cartoon characters and things they can get behind.

My son loves any of the Mohawks, ie. Mohawk Warrior. Solely because he likes the trucks hair in the wind when it jumps.

Why do you think they are the same company with Ringling Bros circus? They are in the entertainment business.

InDaShop said:
It aint about you, its about the kids. Market towards kids, the parents fall in line.
Kids like cartoon characters and things they can get behind.

My son loves any of the Mohawks, ie. Mohawk Warrior. Solely because he likes the trucks hair in the wind when it jumps.

Why do you think they are the same company with Ringling Bros circus? They are in the entertainment business.
Makes sense. Never thought about that way really, always seen them as an odd ball motor sport and not a circus.

Latest posts