• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Note 91" Bouncer build

onepieceatatime said:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one running a 700/241 combo. Gonna be cool to watch this one. You did a heck or a job on that last rig so it'll be cool to see what ya can do with this one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The 241 I bought for $80 delivered to me. Figured I would give it a try. The catch is I need an SYE still. Which set up did you go with?
I appreciate the comments on the old build. Learned a lot over the course of building it and it provided me with a lot of fun.

Toddy said:
Don't do it. I'm sure it will not hurt a thing but after its done you will always look at it and wonder why you didn't fix it while you had it all apart. Post a pic of it and dudes on here will come up with lots of good ideas how to fix it that you might not think of.
Funny you mention it. I was just taking a peak at that tonight. That angled link mount that is pictured on the rear axle... Well there is almost enough tube on the driver's side for one of those to fit in there. Might have to cut away just a little bit of cast, but that might be the cleanest, best way to go about it.

Re:

I think mine came from Advance Adapters but it's been awhile. Only problem I had with my case was the first chain was stretched pretty bad but once I replaced it it's been golden. If you do a clocking ring they can be a pain to seal up but mine is finally good. Fought it for a couple years and finally got pissed off and just go oped the **** out of the bottom side and it quit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Going to make a couple posts updating this:

Picked up and put together a mock drivetrain. No permanent mounts in yet for that. However, it became clear that between me being 6', and a fluffy suspension seat I had... neither I nor the seat was going to fit. I went ahead and bought a pair of new Kirkeys, will purchase the padded covers later on.

I also decided to keep a file of every cent I spend on this. Will be interesting and probably scary. I whip up quick sheets in excel for items that I paid cash for. I also like the idea of having physical copies of everything.

My cat thinking those don't look too comfortable.

Ran out of gas, bought a full tank last week though. Ready to go now. :spin:

On to the fab update:

I decided to add a little flare to the back. I always thought having a top piece mirror what is underneath was a really cool way to end the chassis. It should allow me to fit another 1.5 gallons worth of fuel too.

Plenty of front and rear 4 link work lately. Also had to strip down the 60, and build a truss for it. It is a little odd how it ends at the bump stop pads, I know. It is very stout though and should do it's job.

clemsonjeep said:
Nice progress. I know its a long way off, but are you sticking with the blue on this one?
Thanks.
Fair question, and something i think about constantly. Not sure at the moment. Really like that blue color but now would be the time to change it up. Always had a soft spot for bright green buggies.

Eddyj said:
His green was a little off to me. Buggy is looking great, keep
It up.
It was like there was a little gray mixed into it. I was digging it though. Still not sure of color. I have an idea for some skin action too, so that will effect my decision.

MoonlightRacing77 said:
chassis silver skins bright green.Never seen that color combo
I still have no clue what direction to go, ha.

I've got all the axle and frame side shock tabs mounted. With the front ones, I've never liked the idea of them sideways on .120 wall because of the leverage. Although I could not tell you how often people actually have issues with them ripping off. :dunno: Either way it is what was going to work best for the shock position. I did how ever add a piece underneath that wraps around the bottom giving me a much bigger welding surface. Shadow cuts it off in the pic.

An odd contraption that doubles as a trans mount.

Below: The 2 pieces within the red circle are .250 wall dom. Mostly for the sake of having lots of meat at that junction. You think that other gusset is enough or should I add another?

Hey OP, I have a buddy in my crew right down the road from you in Baldwin IL. We're the Make it or Break it club. He's got a black buggy I bent out for him on Rockwells. Can't wait to see your rig rolling.

Eddyj said:
I would add some more to the shock mount.

Any updates?

Not disagreeing with that, but it is welded on 3 sides at least, and if I add anything else to it, I am pretty sure it is going to look Frankensteined. If it was .188 I wouldn't think twice about it.

No updates. I was in Florida for a week, then had other family obligations. I have not had a chance to do anything to it yet. I fired up my DD when I got home and oil poured out by the damn quart. It is coming out of the oil cooler....so there is that to fix now. :mad:
Definitely want to keep moving forward with the build though.

Skidkid said:
Hey OP, I have a buddy in my crew right down the road from you in Baldwin IL. We're the Make it or Break it club. He's got a black buggy I bent out for him on Rockwells. Can't wait to see your rig rolling.
Yea, that is very close to me, about 30 minutes. Just passed through there last weekend. I wheeled with a couple of those guys back in the summer at the Waterloo property.

Mine are mounted with a single tab with not bracing. Been a year and a half of abuse and about 30 roll overs and haven't moved. Just my 2 cents. And yes its .120 hrew