• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Note 91" Bouncer build

STROKERYOTA said:
looks good man :dblthumb:

Thanks man.

Eddyj said:
"Pumpkin" are called chunks in Alabama. Took me about a year to figure that out.

Haha, yea I've seen that on the forums for a while now.

Made some progress today. ....and I'm about to the point where I need to order a number of items this week to keep things moving along. loller.gif

Gotchya. Its attached in 5 total places. It hits the top of each bump stop pad, and is welded to them. I probably could have incorporated that in a better fashion.

no harm intended brother jus speak from experience when a truss lets go it takes alot of **** with it :****: :****: :****:... keep on keepin on !!!!

A little truss work to keep every body happy. loller.gif It looks better this way anyway, and can only help in the strength department.

Steering is important.

...so are brakes.

Any body have any thoughts on a serpentine set up? An fyi, the factory TBI brackets will not work. It throws the alternator way too high.

I've been looking at this summit mid mount set up but dang it looks wide and low (particularly the steering pump). Afraid the uppers will hit it too soon.
sum-340500_ml.jpg

Here is a pic facing down. I have 12" between the block face and truss. ...and the links are about 18" apart at the point where the alternator and steering pump would be located.

A pic facing straight on at ride height. I swear that looks wider than 18" while looking at these pics? Pretty sure I read the tape measure correctly. :dunno: lol

Oh, whoops, it can. Just not as high as the factory 90's style brackets put it, which is way above the height of a valve cover. Like I think this March kit looks nice in terms of alternator placement, but the steering pump looks to be in the same location.

mch-22021-09_ml.jpg

Look at roundly round car stuff it will have the cheapest stuff that is high and tight. I'm really just not understanding how the stock thi stuff will sit too high. Now if it just looks bad I'll understand that but what prevents it from going up or just a personal preference

I wish I had more to post, but some of my busy-ness has been picking up materials and buying plenty of parts that need installed still.

Been working on the inside. Takes lots of planning as well as fabbing it. Center in between seats is removable for transfer case access.

I've been good about trying to chip away at it for an hour or so after work on week nights. Coming up around the holidays I'll have a solid 5 days to give to it.

see what I can do to get down there once it's done and we'll wheel somewhere close to ya if there's something.

will be cool to check it out.

1tfrot said:
see what I can do to get down there once it's done and we'll wheel somewhere close to ya if there's something.

will be cool to check it out.

There is some private property right here in town (waterloo, IL) that has people out about 3 times a year, otherwise I go to Sullivan, MO as my local park. Either way if you make it down here, I'm sure some fun wheelin could happen. 8)

So I promise I've been doing plenty of other crap besides the interior, just no pics.

You can see how I've made that entire platform removable for easy access to the driveshaft. Might be unnecessary since I ended up doing panels that unbolt... ::). I love my high pinion 60, but being driver drop screwed me for right foot/throttle placement in this tight chassis. It's still fairly comfortable but probably not ideal.
I know it looks simple as hell, but when you're looking at it as a bare slate, it was tough for me to decide what was the best route to go. It turned out well enough though.

Some stainless headers that will surely not look this good after the first fire up.

Not sure what route I will go with the aluminum panels on the inside, but curious on what is a good tough product to use if I coat/paint them. Something that adheres nicely and won't flake off. Any opinion?

Vinyl, pick out a cool pattern and have them print you a roll. Then you just wrap whenever and whatever you want. That's what I'm thinking about doing on my dash.

I've been waiting for updates it looks good. You are doing a much better job on the details than I did. You are going to be glad you took the time to do it right. thumb.gif

Like mentioned above, either do a wrap on the inside or powdercoat both sides. Mine are powdercoated so they stay durable with the salt we have around here.

Eddyj said:
Vinyl, pick out a cool pattern and have them print you a roll. Then you just wrap whenever and whatever you want. That's what I'm thinking about doing on my dash.

I've been waiting for updates it looks good. You are doing a much better job on the details than I did. You are going to be glad you took the time to do it right. thumb.gif

Vinyl is a cool idea, had not thought of that.

As for updates, I'm off until the 4th. I better have a lot to show for it or I'll be pissed at myself. I've been looking forward to this for awhile. It will be like 3 weekends worth of progress.

I appreciate the compliment. Hoping to be proud of the overall finished product. With that said, this is not going to be a ballin fully enclosed cabin, so don't expect that. Haha.

1tfrot said:
Like mentioned above, either do a wrap on the inside or powdercoat both sides. Mine are powdercoated so they stay durable with the salt we have around here.

I used to have a friend that could powdercoat smaller items for me free of charge. That would have been convenient. I'll have to search for new local place, but it is a possibility.