• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

NW fishing

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
So I like to fish. I have seen lots of streams, and lakes while out wheelin but have never taken the time to carry a pole and stop to fish a bit. HAs anyone else done this, if so where and what ya catch if anything?:cool:

Just as a side note, there is a free fishing event hosted by http://everettsteelheadandsalmonclub.com/ at Twin lakes County Park in Smokey Point on April 15th from 8am to 2pm. Ages 5-14 FREE.

Im taking my 9yr old, she has been bugging me to go fishing for awhile now. We bought her a nice spinning rod/reel and she has been practicing her casting with a small spoon with no hook. She is getting pretty good, almost took out the neighbors windshield in his truck the other day. :redneck:

And the weekend of June 8-9 is free fishing weekend. No license required. In other words, it's a CF and most licensed fishermen go wheeling that weekend! :flipoff:

EDIT 1: Ok, that date was an old one. Might be the weekend of June 10-11. I'm checking.
EDIT 2: Even the F&W site only has last years dates, so I don't know about the free fishing day.

Last edited:
Its been a couple years, but I used to fish the lakes and streams when I went 4xing. I liked Milk Lake and Manashtash Lake. There was a few others but I forget the names. I caught a lot of little trout. Always released them unless they were hooked to good.

I often thought about it when I wheeled but it was usually the hard runs, hit as many trails as I posible. Which was fun, but i sure like the idea of a nice relaxing hour or two for lunch!

Just don't go to the columbia. We were just there this past weekend.. fishing was so bad that they're closing it up early. :wtf:

Salmon seems to be the only thing I have caught up here, wait I caught a steel head up at Point no point. But I would be down with a camping/fishing/wheeling trip.

JOOP said:
Salmon seems to be the only thing I have caught up here, wait I caught a steel head up at Point no point. But I would be down with a camping/fishing/wheeling trip.

DUDE a camping/ whelling trip would be very cool! Let the research begin!:cheer:

Jeepless said:
DUDE a camping/ whelling trip would be very cool! Let the research begin!:cheer:

It's in the works on my site. We did it last year. I think we only caught about 3 fish but we tried to stay drunkthe whole time. :redneck:

sounds like a bad hang over and a lack of fish.......LOL! Where are you all planing to go and when? Make sure you share it here in the trails section.

We ususally go up towards Quilicene or somewhere in the olympics. it'll be in the summer time for sure. But the hangover wasn;t what held us back . it was allthe canned corned beef hash and beens that slowed us down. We had probably about 20 fish on the line but man they would just take off like a MOFO and head for the tree's in the water. There not dumb fish they know how to break a line. :cool:

But we try to find new area's to fish and camp. I know come memorial day my family and I are going to Lake crescent. Some camping/wheeling (sadie creek) and fishing. Maybe even some boating if i get a boat by then.

Where were you fishing on the columbia? I'm headed down to cathlamet this monday.

Lucky Jeff said:
Just don't go to the columbia. We were just there this past weekend.. fishing was so bad that they're closing it up early. :wtf:

Lost Lake up out of Buck meadows is an OK lake to get to fish. Barbless hooks though :shake:

I have always had really good luck fishing out at Kaposin Lake, Which is out past graham. I know you use to be able to wheel out there, mainly mud.

I dig salt water fishing because they taste better. Fresh salmon and sea bass Mmmm. Dont get me wrong though because I can appreciate flicking a fly in a stream or lake as well.

I think I am going to start keeping a license in the wallet and a fold up in the rig...just incase. BUT I would imagine wheelin would have to happen before it would do me any good.:redneck:

i think that the only thing i like more than playing with my trucks is fishing. if it swims, i fish for it. mostly salmon and steelhead, but i do a lot of lake fishing for perch and i'm getting back into saltwater...

come on over to the rimrock area for great fishing for everyone, fly on the naches and little naches and great wheeling, lakes are open year round, some are also stocked,oh yeah great wheeling too.