• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Officer Assualted at Evans Creek Today

There is never a reason to assault a cop. Period.
Do we know if the guy assaulted is the mudflap cop?
I really think that most people are just pissed off at this guy because he seems to have made it his mission to be petty. I'm not saying that the laws shouldn't be enforced. It just seems to me that our tax dollars could be much more effectively utilized rather than busting people for very minor traffic violations. Doesn't this guy have better things to do? Chase car thieves and actually prosecute? Close down a meth lab? Anything.
I think that if someone actually wanted to challege the mudflap law they'd win. IIRC the RCW says that all motor vehicles must have mudflaps down to the CL of the axle. Many new vehicles don't comply and almost every street bike doesn't comply. Isn't a motorcycle a motor vehicle? Hell, some of the street bikes have 8" wide tires, why don't they have to comply? Also, tires must be fully covered over the tire. We all see a hundred semi tractors (w/o trailers) everyday that have mud flaps only but no over tire coverage. By law, shouldn't these guys be cited? The hotrod fender law- how is OK to exempt one group over another? Many of us probably drive less road miles than most hotrods. My local PD never gives me a second look but I'd get nailed in Burnett?
What is happening is selective enforcement by a man with a personal agenda(which is clearly not in the best interest of his department). Yes, he's an asshat but save your fight for court. If everyone he cited took him to court his superiors would have to call him off because he'd never get any work done.:fawkdancesmiley: Our LEOs need to spend time making our world safe and spending time chasing mudflap violators is a huge waste of our tax dollars.

Very well said. My feelings exactly to the tee.

I am interested in hearing if this is in deed true.

Its things like this that REALLY hurt our sport....

called a friend with the FS up there, he said it was a confrontation with serious verbal assualt and a call placed for backup that resulted in 6 different law enforfment branches showing up. typical Evens crap. BACKUP BACKUP, " IVE GOT A FELONY MUDFLAP HERE CALLING ME A PRICK". REPEAT BACKUP!!:beer:

What does mudflaps have anything to do with it?

One thing you don't do is get verbal with an officer---regardless of what you are doing. If you have an issue with a citation then you handle it in the court system--as shitty as it is thats how you do it...

From a source who was there:

One of the Forest Service Rangers (non-law enforcement) was having a problem with an intoxicated subject in the campground.

He called for assistance. A Pierce County Deputy showed up and the drunk guy was arrested. (source did not know what for)

No officers were assaulted.

FYI: The Forest Service has rangers (the ones who have been up there lately on quads) and Enforcement Rangers (carry guns/arrest power/etc). The enforcement rangers are far and few between and in my experience are very rarely at Evans Creek.

The Forest Service has been paying for Pierce County Deputies to patrol the campground area most weekends in the evenings. The focus is not on RCW equipment violations but to keep law and order in the campground and roads (drinking/dumping stolen vehicles/etc).

Pierce County Search and Rescue deputies sometimes patrol the trail systems up there but I have yet to see them this summer.

As long as we (wheelers) do our part to maintain a decent image and report any idiots dumping stuff up there we should be able to keep Evans Creek open for a long time to come:awesomework:

From a source who was there:

One of the Forest Service Rangers (non-law enforcement) was having a problem with an intoxicated subject in the campground.

He called for assistance. A Pierce County Deputy showed up and the drunk guy was arrested. (source did not know what for)

No officers were assaulted.

FYI: The Forest Service has rangers (the ones who have been up there lately on quads) and Enforcement Rangers (carry guns/arrest power/etc). The enforcement rangers are far and few between and in my experience are very rarely at Evans Creek.

The Forest Service has been paying for Pierce County Deputies to patrol the campground area most weekends in the evenings. The focus is not on RCW equipment violations but to keep law and order in the campground and roads (drinking/dumping stolen vehicles/etc).

Pierce County Search and Rescue deputies sometimes patrol the trail systems up there but I have yet to see them this summer.

As long as we (wheelers) do our part to maintain a decent image and report any idiots dumping stuff up there we should be able to keep Evans Creek open for a long time to come:awesomework:

:awesomework:

I got a ticket up there a few years ago before I started trailering my junk. He was sure to point out all 5 violations but only wrote me up for 1. I can't blame the guy for doing his job although I wish he would have just written the ticket rather then lecture me for 45 min in the freezing cold. I knew my truck wasn't legal but I took my chances.

I agree with Brad about the lack of respect in the younger generation.

I haven't--I never let myself get into those situations.....

They will ticket you as you pull your rig off the trailer Mike. Im glad they are up there but they go a little over board on the tickets handed out. My buddy got a ticket for a bolt missing out of his rear seat which nobody rides in..... he straps his cooler on it......he is in his 40s and is respectful to them...it doesnt matter they will get you anyway.

They will ticket you as you pull your rig off the trailer Mike. Im glad they are up there but they go a little over board on the tickets handed out. My buddy got a ticket for a bolt missing out of his rear seat which nobody rides in..... he straps his cooler on it......he is in his 40s and is respectful to them...it doesnt matter they will get you anyway.

So---as I stated above. Document everything and take the case to the courts--and get it thrown out....

It may not be right what he does---but either you have the choice of making matters worse or accept them and handle them thru the court system....

So---as I stated above. Document everything and take the case to the courts--and get it thrown out....

It may not be right what he does---but either you have the choice of making matters worse or accept them and handle them thru the court system....

Your very right there Mike...

and I might come across nieve and irrational, but I have a hard time respecting those who abuse there power...

And yes...every person I know that has been ticketed has taken it to court n either got it dropped all together or lowered...

OK guys I cleaned out some more BS(thanks crash) and wont be tolerating anymore name calling. Do you guys realize that the FS and others watch this site. How do you think we look as a group calling them names and such:eeek: Ever wonder why you dont get any respect:looser: I have my calls into the FS and will be getting the true story very soon and I will post it when I do so lets keep all of the BS out of it OK:awesomework: Jim

I was up there saturday and saw several park rangers, pierce county deputies, and even a state patrol officer flying up the road to the day use area across from the campground. Not sure what happended but there were at least 6-7 officers there. Evan's was pretty crazy this weekend and I would want just as much backup if I were an officer if someone was getting out of hand up there.

I totally understand the cops are just doing their jobs. How well is the question and when they choose to do it well. I have a growing major issue with law enforcement in Pierce county. Evidently I can blow **** up with fireworks for 3 weeks straight in the city limits of Puyallupwhere it is very illegal to do so since the late '80s and get nary a warning, but I go through Wilkeson to an ORV park and am written up for mudflaps and fenderflares. The clincher like brian said, I am responsible, and trailer my rig up, only to get ticketed unloading in an ORV PARK where you should be able to drive your illegal rig trailered there. So you can do your job when you are bored up in the woods and there are plenty of enthusiasts with money to pay all these tickets, but you cant bust people using illegal fireworks a block from the local firestation one block off MERIDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am usually a rational person but I have had an assful of bullshit law enforcements lack of consistancy. When they start protecting and serving anything I call them for I will support them!

I totally understand the cops are just doing their jobs. How well is the question and when they choose to do it well. I have a growing major issue with law enforcement in Pierce county. Evidently I can blow **** up with fireworks for 3 weeks straight in the city limits of Puyallupwhere it is very illegal to do so since the late '80s and get nary a warning, but I go through Wilkeson to an ORV park and am written up for mudflaps and fenderflares. The clincher like brian said, I am responsible, and trailer my rig up, only to get ticketed unloading in an ORV PARK where you should be able to drive your illegal rig trailered there. So you can do your job when you are bored up in the woods and there are plenty of enthusiasts with money to pay all these tickets, but you cant bust people using illegal fireworks a block from the local firestation one block off MERIDIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am usually a rational person but I have had an assful of bullshit law enforcements lack of consistancy. When they start protecting and serving anything I call them for I will support them!

Jim there is no name calling here and I would love some guidance on how to improve the quality of the law enforcement we recieve. calling the local precinct does no good, so who do we complain to? Especially on a case by case basis? I have many more issues with their level of b/s but wanted to get to the point. I know this isnt limited to wheelers. We are easy targets to taxation by citation.

Let the forest service and the deputies do there job. if you happen to be addressed by one of them its yes mam or sir and do the nice thing and thank them for doing the hardest job out their. dealing with people who hate them. If you have a problem with what they got to say, on the back of the green papper bottem box put an check in the box and tell it to the
Juge. Carry on with your day . how hard is that????????
They dont come to your job and slap the **** out of your mouth and tell you how to do your job so don't do it to them..... my 2x

Jim there is no name calling here and I would love some guidance on how to improve the quality of the law enforcement we recieve. calling the local precinct does no good, so who do we complain to? Especially on a case by case basis? I have many more issues with their level of b/s but wanted to get to the point. I know this isnt limited to wheelers. We are easy targets to taxation by citation.

Getting involved in the process is a great start. Joining your local org that deals with these issues is also a great start(more members more power). Sean you have been to the FS meeting with me. This is the place to deal with these issues in a calm and respectful manner. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket at evans that was following the rules. If you unload at the entrance next to the big sign that says you must be street legal and your not then what do you expect:eeek: With the new forest plan in the works it will open up more of the road system (roads to trails) so this wont be such an issue. But if you drive a non legal rig on the roads including the state hwy that leads to Evans then I cant tell you anything that you dont already know.

Getting involved in the process is a great start. Joining your local org that deals with these issues is also a great start(more members more power). Sean you have been to the FS meeting with me. This is the place to deal with these issues in a calm and respectful manner. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket at evans that was following the rules. If you unload at the entrance next to the big sign that says you must be street legal and your not then what do you expect:eeek: With the new forest plan in the works it will open up more of the road system (roads to trails) so this wont be such an issue. But if you drive a non legal rig on the roads including the state hwy that leads to Evans then I cant tell you anything that you dont already know.

Do you need to backup to the trailhead and unload onto the trail to be legal or what? just asking? cause if you get a ticket for uloading in that area it is pretty chickenshit. IMO

wow..I just wanted to find out the truth behind the story that I was told...

But I think you guys are attacking some strong topics that need to be addressed:awesomework: ...

Thanks..

Bout time I have a thread that holds some weight...:corn: