• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
I think Eric Miller going for a win or broke. He gave it hell at backdoor and quals. It's a run your pace game, mixed with some luck, and not getting behind a trail plug.

I agree Erik's driving style is reminiscent of Tim Richmond's driving style.

bluetoy said:
Looking for Jordan Townsend and team 4580 to pull off the win in the EMC tomorrow. Southern built rig with a lot of Alabama guys out there helping with this team !

10408751_759214607500544_7482127122456053964_n.jpg

A little birdie told me these guys got second place!

Glad to see the tars staying a little more planted this go round.

I would just like to see the Deere finish.

Re:

Anybody have an idea how late this race will be going on tomorrow? I'm off all day but might invite some buddies over for beers and racing of its going on when they get off work in the evening. Got my Chromecast on my way to work today. Can't wait to get home and see if I can get the race on it.

I wouldn't expect to see the first guy across the line til after 3pm central, thinking action will probably pick up about a hour/hour and half after start. Last year they were still interviewing guys at 930 give or take.

bluetoy said:
That's correct ! Congrats to team 4580 for the second place finish ! :woot:

Just finishing that race is an accomplishment. 2nd place is a great achievement.

I'm not up to speed on all the ends and outs, but does that mean the only car which beat them was that Currie "Factory Team" car?

98TJ said:
Just finishing that race is an accomplishment. 2nd place is a great achievement.

I'm not up to speed on all the ends and outs, but does that mean the only car which beat them was that Currie "Factory Team" car?

Yes, team 4580 may have finished 2nd, but they are the real winners of the EMC stock mod class in my book. They are what this class is supposed to be about. Grass roots racing, an actual modified stock vehicle built in a home garage by average guys. Unlike Currie's tube chassis ultra 4 car with fake frame rails to cheat the class rules. Currie's are not exactly my definition of the "every man challenge". Maybe if every man owned a mega buck off road business. ???

At least we put another southern built car on the podium at a west coast event ! Awesome job guys. :dblthumb:

bluetoy said:
Yes, team 4580 may have finished 2nd, but they are the real winners of the EMC stock mod class in my book. They are what this class is supposed to be about. Grass roots racing, an actual modified stock vehicle built in a home garage by average guys. Unlike Currie's tube chassis ultra 4 car with fake frame rails to cheat the class rules. Currie's are not exactly my definition of the "every man challenge". Maybe if every man owned a mega buck off road business. ???

That's what I thought. Cherry Pickers Suck. :flipgotcha:

Isn't that the same car that had some kind of jury rigged cable sterring set up a feew years back so they could run full hydro steering in that class?

98TJ said:
Isn't that the same car that had some kind of jury rigged cable sterring set up a feew years back so they could run full hydro steering in that class?

No. Curries at least actually did use a steering box. Although, not sure how a fully custom built tube chassis is considered a modified stock.

Poison Spyder had the controversial cable steering.

Almost time to kick off the KOH party. First year I haven't been since 2012 and it sucks being home but we going to make the best of it.

ibrokeit said:
Whats the schedule looking like for today? When does TC and Ritchie start running?

TC is off the line 16th i think. Richie is towards the back of the pack a bit 80th+. Peter Basler is somewhere in the top half of the pack IRC.