• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

one step closer to being steet legal

RUBITANk

what do you guys think, am i still going to be harassed about my jeep being daily driven around tacoma/puyallup area with these HUGE semi quick disconnect mudflaps?:redneck:

sorry for the blurry pic, can get a better one tomorrow

34sny10.jpg

Last edited:
on the tech. side your still looking at a ticket for having tires that protrude more than 3.5" from the original body line:booo: and your flares arnt even close to covering them. Flaps are good though :awesomework:

on the tech. side your still looking at a ticket for having tires that protrude more than 3.5" from the original body line:booo: and your flares arnt even close to covering them. Flaps are good though :awesomework:

What about those who dont have bed's on the back?

those of us in the tacoma area and have been to 4wheelparts on so-tac way, most likely have seen "Big-Ugly" (Black Chevy with no bed and was shortened to all hell) parked..the owner never once got ticketed for his truck being that way, hell for alittle over 2 years, he beat the hell out of that rig and drove it back n forth to work daily...please correct me Pokey!!:haha:

nice flaps..I have the same style for my heep..:awesomework:

usually some big flaps will keep the authorities away for the most part. that's typically the first reason they pull over off road vehicles. the second, is for tires sticking out too far. then it's just a bucket of tickets that follow if you don't strictly abide by the RCW. it's avoidable in many cases, otherwise it's something you gotta deal with if you're gonna have a wheeler on the street.

those flaps look larger than they need to be, actually. they just need to cover the tire from the top to the center of the axle-line, and completely from side to side. i guess having them that big might cover up how far the tires stick out.

In my experiences driving my 4x4 on the street...the number one factor that will decide whether you get pulled over or not is how you are driving.

Period.

From there...then you will get to find out what they don't like about your rig. Be it flaps, bumper height, tire coverage, etc. But the initial aspect of attention grabbing seems to always be the driving style.

Just my .02. Beyond that your flaps are ok, but like Pokey mentioned, your tires are technically too far outside the flares. They will/do throw the largest amount of water.

I find its flaps that you have to worry about the most.

As long as you have flaps that actually cover your **** then they tend to not bother.

So far I haven't been bothered at all though about my flaps/flares (which are non existent) and my tires are 35x14.5 boggers...:eeek:

yeah, thats all i could afford for right now... moving here from hawaii, putting in a new dana 60 in the rear, getting a house and not working and going to school limits my jeep funds =( But i am planning on building some flat fender style fenders that will accept those fender flares, and on the trail i can just take the fender flares and the mud flaps off

I find its flaps that you have to worry about the most.

As long as you have flaps that actually cover your **** then they tend to not bother.

So far I haven't been bothered at all though about my flaps/flares (which are non existent) and my tires are 35x14.5 boggers...:eeek:

yeah i run 38.5 x15 boggers on full widths lol

Last edited:
I work on the Monroe PD cars and I asked one of the officers about tire coverage. He said that the hotrods with no fenders are licensed as cust rigs and that is why they get away with it. Semi's running bobtail without fenders fall under the same catagory. He said everyone else has to have coverage for there tires, all but the outer 3.5" of the tire.

well, i am just going to try my luck for now till i get some tube and some sheet metal to build my flat fenders.... I will just stay off the main roads and drive like a grandma =)

i had my yj with 40s on it with no mud flaps and drove it quite a bit all over south hill and summit(canyon rd area), sometimes driving it every day. I just drove normal and followed the traffic laws. I never got pulled over once. I think you having the mudflaps will show the cops a big effort towards making it legal and should leave you alone.

Picture050.jpg

i had my yj with 40s on it with no mud flaps and drove it quite a bit all over south hill and summit(canyon rd area), sometimes driving it every day. I just drove normal and followed the traffic laws. I never got pulled over once. I think you having the mudflaps will show the cops a big effort towards making it legal and should leave you alone.

Picture050.jpg

thanx mang, thats what i was going for showing some effort to make it legal lol

I totaly agree...shows effort to comply

I daily drove my jeep for the longest time with no mud flaps. But I did build huge "dumbo ears" fender flares for it to cover the tire. I was never harassed by the cops. But it's probably because they didn't want to write that many tickets.