• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORV Leadership

Money Mark

I'm going to take this comment and start a discussion.

This thread about the future of the DNR has 150 views, and the one about Money Marks cracked motormount tube has over 1000 :rolleyes:

It's from this thread http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=653844#post653844 Sustainable workgroup study MEETINGS this week! posted by japerry.

I have a question for any person that follows what we (ORV users) do on here (NW-Wheelers.com) and out in the "offline world"......Reiter, Walker, Evans, Elbe, Tahuya, Naches, etc.

What do you want to become of the leadership in out ORV community?

I think it's fantastic that there are folks like crash, gibby, pokey, crazy daze, nowires (there are others) that have taken it upon themselves to make a difference, and leading by example. But their following lacks......by no fault of their own. It's "our" fault.

I'm not a leader. I consider myself one of nowires "associates". I also believe that crash, gibby, pokey and crazey daze have done their fair share in greatly helping the ORV community, as a whole.

Why don't we help these guys out more? Can you help these guys out more?

Look at it this way. There is a need for hierarchy. Everyone on this board can "team up" with your person of choice and HELP THEM! Whatever that may be.......no pressure.

I don't go to meetings, **** that!, I don't do trail maintenance, it's bullshit! (My opinion only!) But I have helped financially. I have helped by relaying information to mis-informed ORV users. I have made difficult decisions to NOT do something "bad/illegal/fun" with the greater good in mind.

WHAT CAN YOU DO? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY?

I will continue to help "my guy"........you too should pick "a guy" and help him.:beer:

This should not be looked at as separation. It's actually inclusion in the process......without the political BS and headaches. You help your guy, your guy helps us all.

PenisVagina.:D

Last edited:
Yes, for sure! They are all hard workers (RRR's) and get **** done.:awesomework:

Pick a guy and help him.......this will be the running theme for this thread. And boobies, of course.:redneck:

It's from this thread http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=653844#post653844 Sustainable workgroup study MEETINGS this week! posted by japerry.

I have a question for any person that follows what we (ORV users) do on here (NW-Wheelers.com) and out in the "offline world"......Reiter, Walker, Evans, Elbe, Tahuya, Naches, etc.

What do you want to become of the leadership in out ORV community?

I think it's fantastic that there are folks like crash, gibby, pokey, crazy daze, nowires (there are others) that have taken it upon themselves to make a difference, and leading by example. But their following lacks......by no fault of their own. It's "our" fault.

I'm not a leader. I consider myself one of nowires "associates". I also believe that crash, gibby, pokey and crazey daze have done their fair share in greatly helping the ORV community, as a whole.

Why don't we help these guys out more? Can you help these guys out more?

Look at it this way. There is a need for hierarchy. Everyone on this board can "team up" with your person of choice and HELP THEM! Whatever that may be.......no pressure.

I don't go to meetings, **** that!, I don't do trail maintenance, it's bullshit! (My opinion only!) But I have helped financially. I have helped by relaying information to mis-informed ORV users. I have made difficult decisions to NOT do something "bad/illegal/fun" with the greater good in mind.

WHAT CAN YOU DO? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY?

I will continue to help "my guy"........you too should pick "a guy" and help him.:beer:

This should not be looked at as separation. It's actually inclusion in the process......without the political BS and headaches. You help your guy, your guy helps us all.

PenisVagina.:D

I appreciate your outlook toward our(wheelers in general) situation and our trails Mark...

I for one have been more involved in the last couple of years and wish I could do a lot more than I do...

There are some out there that live and breath to help the wheeling community and others that help when they can...

I understand that people have lives and families that will come first, as do I...

But, doing something as simple as what you've stated can have a great impact in the long run...

If each of us try and do the right things and educate others when needed our voice will slowly become louder and louder...

Thank you for posting this...

Yes, for sure! They are all hard workers (RRR's) and get **** done.:awesomework:

Pick a guy and help him.......this will be the running theme for this thread. And boobies, of course.:redneck:

I did I told him to call her...

Do any of the "guys" you speak of have factory boobies?

But seriously in what ways could someone out of area and with limited time and resorces help?

Is there help postings. where people that happen to stumble accrost some extra time could go to to see what was needed at that time.. Or is this a all around just be a good citizen calling?

babababreststszszsz Boobie echo

One example I do: If nowires has a section of Reiter that may be opened up (soon), I ensure the group I'm wheeling with does not mess with that area. I don't know what nowires and David (from the DNR) have planned.......I don't need to know. But I do know that keeping the area clean of new tracks is important. And that is what I convey to the group.

I think the wheeling community in the last five to six years has made leaps and bounds in this area. I think we have the monentum just need to keep it going. We have really put a chokehold on those that hurt our sport and educating them. Now we just need to give ourselves a good name not just those hillbillys that take thier rigs out in the woods and destroy them and the woods.

I've said this before but,

Most people just wheel, they don't talk **** online, they don't give a crap about groups or clubs, they just wheel.

These people have no idea about meetings posted here. The ONLY way to reach them is by telling them on the trail, or having some kind of outreach by news letters or something at the staging areas of wheeling spots. It's really one of the only ways to get the word out to actual users of these areas.

On a side note, Why are these meetings in burlington and other waaaayyy off spots instead of where the actual users are? like say near the wheeling areas being effected?

Clubs are for baby seals
http://www.newgrounds.com/seals/

And I'm not promoting joining a club. But....if that's your thing, great. Keep at it!:awesomework:

But us mavericks need to realize that helping someone (your guy) is not giving up what we believe......Clubs are :rb:.......rather, helping yourself.

I'm #1.......so are "you". Let's be selfish and help ourselves.:;

i think we should call this new way of looking at the 4x4 community, Money Marksism:fawkdancesmiley:

I beleive its a great way to look at things:awesomework: Since joinin this an a few other forums, I have rethought my outlook on wheelin. I hope that my outlook an view can help change my friends views an actions.

I'm speaking to my peeps.:redneck:

In the words of Stealthrunner......."**** the bullshit!" :cheer:

I'd love to get out and do more for the wheeling effort but as it sits with graveyard shift most of the meetings/get togethers are either too early for me to get too or so late I'd have to miss beginning of shift.

I've had the pleasure of attending only one clean-up so far but hopefully soon I'll be off this shift and be able to head out and help more. Plus I gotta get one of my rigs finished so I can actually enjoy myself instead of always riding bitch.

I just want to wheel, I'll let others do it for me. Thats why I pay my money to groups so they can do it for me. By the way what are you doing for me?

I just want to wheel, I'll let others do it for me. Thats why I pay my money to groups so they can do it for me. By the way what are you doing for me?

Do you pick up trash on the trail when you are out wheelin'??? Do you tell folks that are doing something that hurts the sport to knock it off??? If you do, then you are helping for the greater good...

Originally Posted by Crazy Daze
This thread about the future of the DNR has 150 views, and the one about Money Marks cracked motormount tube has over 1000

That's easy to explain guys. The thread is posted on a board that's based on **** talkers and non wheelers. How many of them would care to read that thread?....Same thing goes for this thread Mark, if you want to be effective you should also post it in other places than here. If you only intended it for drama purposes then you're in the right place.:awesomework: