• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ORV park investors needed

Gibby1

Did I BREAK that.......
Given the frustrations of recent events, resulting is the cancellation of 3 popular off road events, I am seeking interested investors in purchasing an appropriate piece of land in the greater Seattle-Tacoma area with the prime target area being around Buckley-Enumclaw and north. My preliminary research shows that large tracts of land are available at a price that is feasible for such a project.

I would like to contact serious investors interested in looking at the feasibility of this project to create a permanent ORV for 4x4 use only.

My vision is for a purpose built event site close to the population areas, suitable for hosting rock crawl, mud bog and similar events. I would like to explore the feasibility of day use/vs event use and what it would take to make such a site profitable and useful.

The initial cost estimates for such a site, including land purchase, development, studies and permits is $500,000. I'm looking for 4-5 other investors with suitable capital. Smaller investors are also welcome but we need 4-5 principals to make it happen.

I am interested in everyone's comments/suggestions/ideas about what they'd like to see, pros and cons or such an event site.

Given the continued challenges of hosting events on private land the ever increasing pressure by environmental activitist to close down our activites, it appears that purpose built sites are the wave of the future and we need to consider these options before they're shut down as well.

Anyone with a serious financial interest, please email me personally at [email protected]. I am interested in private and corporate investors. I'm hoping that we can encourage corporate investors to support such as site with capital and advertising dollars. Getting companies on board like ARB, Randy's Ring and Pinion, 4 Wheel Parts and others, can transform this idea from a vision to a feasible reality.

Dale Gibbon

What about events that take up some room. Such as Team Trophy Challenge? Would there be trails available for events like that?

I know in Virginia, Chris and Heather Packard bought a piece of land in Crozet and they hold several events there each year. It's home to the VROC series and other rock crawls. They even have a dorm and a full garage if you break your junk.

While it was a financial burden to them the first couple of years, it is really taking off now. What it really took is a few articles in some magazines.

TTC and the like would be tougher because of the trail mileage used. On 50 acres you could make it work. A lot of trail mileage as you know, typically involves a few obstacles with fairly simple trail in between. If you eliminate the easy stuff inbetween, a 1 mile trail can take hours!

TTC would have to revamp the the idea of the event testing multiple skills is perfectly appropriate. I am of course referring to the Team Trophy Challenge, not the Top Truck Challenge. Top Truck Challenge types of event would easily work and would be ideal on a site like I have in mind. In fact, holding those type of events is exactly what I envision.

sorry man , I won't cash out for that, Reiter in 08 will be hard to beat. :;

Dude said:
sorry man , I won't cash out for that, Reiter in 08 will be hard to beat. :;

Reiter will be great for trail wheeling, BUT what are the chances of holding mud bog or rock crawl events at Reiter? I'm not looking so much to replace trail systems, more to find a place for those who want to hold competitive, or exhibition events. Think of our event, or the CORE challenge, the PNW mud bogs, PNW racing, WE ROCK events... The DNR or USFS won't go for these on their land, but there's a segment of the market that likes those events, either to participate or watch.

Yes, this is a good idea. When it is land owned by the community or a person that supports the community, it becomes a good thing. It makes it MUCH easier to host events such as WE-ROCK or Top Truck Challenge.

I'm all for this and will support it to no end, I'll donate to the cause.

KarlVP said:
Yes, this is a good idea. When it is land owned by the community or a person that supports the community, it becomes a good thing. It makes it MUCH easier to host events such as WE-ROCK or Top Truck Challenge.

I'm all for this and will support it to no end, I'll donate to the cause.

Thanks Karl!

If something like this is to fly, it'll require about half a mil up front cash. It's a speculative investment opportunity or a philanthropic donation. There is an opportunity for a corporate investor come in to purchase the land and have an organization like the PNW4WDA to run and operate. This has been done before.

Very good idea Dale! Thank you for stepping and getting the ball rolling. I only wish I had the cash resources to help

I already hear about a rock course possibly being built,PNW4WDA ?, and mudd bogging is a midwest thing. I don't see the point other than you want a place to play wich is fine. :cool:

If I can think of an invester I might know I will hook ya up. :cool:

AMJ said:
Very good idea Dale! Thank you for stepping and getting the ball rolling. I only wish I had the cash resources to help

Don't count our chickens before they hatch. We've just had so much trouble with our events getting cancelled. I've seen the success of other events and financially, they're sound and WE ROCK has expressed interest. Ted Grady is heading up a move in the PNW4WDA to start a rock crawling section.

I'm definitely going to be doing research and putting out feelers. I have the resources to be a major investor but no where near the resources to carry something like this.

Keep your feelers out others with the same ideas, especially those that may have cash or land to donate or invest. The more eyes and ears out there, the better chance a project like this has to take off.

Gibby said:
Don't count our chickens before they hatch. We've just had so much trouble with our events getting cancelled. I've seen the success of other events and financially, they're sound and WE ROCK has expressed interest. Ted Grady is heading up a move in the PNW4WDA to start a rock crawling section.

I'm definitely going to be doing research and putting out feelers. I have the resources to be a major investor but no where near the resources to carry something like this.

Keep your feelers out others with the same ideas, especially those that may have cash or land to donate or invest. The more eyes and ears out there, the better chance a project like this has to take off.

I know you dont have everything worked out, butto step up with the idea is a huge step. Plus knowing you Dale you will have it fully researched before progressing forward.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for any possibilites and thanks again.

Dude said:
I already hear about a rock course possibly being built,PNW4WDA ?, and mudd bogging is a midwest thing. I don't see the point other than you want a place to play wich is fine. :cool:

If I can think of an invester I might know I will hook ya up. :cool:

There's a lot of mud boggers around here as well. Just ask Steve Russell!

You can easily get 100 trucks on almost any given weekend to go play in the mud. Mud tracks are another full possibilty. It's more like a circuit with some jumps and deep holes, turns etc. Side by side mud drags are in demand but there's no site for them.

Yes the PNW is researching the rock crawl site options, utilizing an existing site like the Mason County ORV park, or Pacific International Raceway.

There's a lot of talk on various boards from time to time and different challenges and events that could be done, but there's limited opportunity to do them.

Jeepasaurusrex said:
Call Paul Allen. He is all about shelling out money. :stirpot:

All kidding aside, that's the kind of person we need. Not Paul Allen per se, but someone with money that loves the sport but doesn't have the energy to do anything about it. I've posted this on a few boards. They are out there. We just have to find them.

In today's environment, there are more than a few people with $100k to shell out, just gotta find them.

I'm going to be bringing this to the next Region 2 PNW meeting as well. Those in support of something like this would do well to come join us and put in some input. We could really use something that we can call our own instead of having to share it with all the other resource users, snowmobilies, ATV, horses, etc.

I am surprized at the interest in bogging.

I am from the Midwest and we actually practically invented the sport since there is nothing else to do for wheeling. I used to do it with a big block K30 60/14 T400 NP 205 on 44's back in the mid 80's. I actually shortened the frame and put on a short box fleet side. :redneck:

The side by side got real good back in 82 when the rigs got stretched with a front axle before the bumper and then the Nos. craze hit. :clappy:

ever seen a rig cut through a 100' in 2 seconds? I mean live and in person standing buy the pit? Yup, we used to be able to be that close before all the sanctions came into play. :haha:

I don't miss it though, when I moved to the west coust, the 73 Blazer got axe after the rig got pancaked for the Jeep craze and then, well, yes I am nuts. :haha: Rover. :D

Bogging is alive and well. At our event last year, 70% of the vehicles that came, came strictly for the mud bogs. Steve Russel tells me that in the PNW mud bogs that he's put on, the majority of his competitors are in the 35" and under class. Surprised me but there's a lot of wheelers and would be wheelers that just LOVE to play in the mud.

Wow---- First off kudo's for even thinking of taking on SUCh a handfull dale. Second one thing you have going for you is the fact that what ever you decide to do getting help not only on the $$$ end would not be a problem.....

so how much land is the minimum, in everyone's opinion for a park like this? anyone seen any current prices in there area that they can post up? :cool:

crash said:
Wow---- First off kudo's for even thinking of taking on SUCh a handfull dale. Second one thing you have going for you is the fact that what ever you decide to do getting help not only on the $$$ end would not be a problem.....

I already found 42 acres just east of Orting that can be picked up for about $450K. No power or water, forested and primitive road. SOUNDS PERFECT to me, but not for a real estate investor.

It's got river front so wetlands could be a problem.

I have a complete list already of all the Pierce County approved wetland biologists and I'll be putting out an email or letter to them to see if anyone would be interested in partnering by providing free or heavily discounted services in exchange for advertising.... It's worth a try.

The PNW4WDA has talked about this for a while as have a few clubs that have money. It's just takes someone to lead the way...

The Cranberry Lake site is quite possible going to be open again next year, but the land owner is only interest in a couple of events per year. As awesome as the place is and as giving as the owner is, we still have to work around the cows, the house plans, the motorcycle trails, etc. He's not likely to be open to hosting more events than he already does.

MarcW said:
so how much land is the minimum, in everyone's opinion for a park like this? anyone seen any current prices in there area that they can post up? :cool:

40-50 usable acres would be doable.

I had a line on 60 acres but the wetland inspector kiboshed that one already.