• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Outlet Mall

I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks Mark. And do I get extra points for doing it on leaf springs and toyota axles? :redneck:

speaking of Toyota axles...I just made the order to Diamond. New front axle will be in the rig in 4 weeks. Cannot ****ing wait!!!!!!!!!!

didnt you do make the om wearing flip flops too!:flipoff:

so what does it take to be considered as "making" the outlet mall? The way I see it, to "make" it mean's without winching.

so what does it take to be considered as "making" the outlet mall? The way I see it, to "make" it mean's without winching.

Maybe that's the difference beytween making it or wheeling it. Winching is sure a part of wheeling. I think "making it" should imply making it without winching or stacking......02c.

For what my opinion matters.

To me "making it" would be taking all the correct paths and exiting the trail under your own power. Whether that involved winching, an occasional rock placement, or multiple recovered rolls. If you exit the trail under your own power, you "made it".

Now spanking it, owning it, kicking its ass.... those would be different :D

Like my opinion maters however. I'm probably 2 years or so from even trying it :boooo: Really, it would be up to the folks that created the OM to decide what "making it", vs. "wheeling it", vs "whatever" is in their opinion.

Sick sick weekend:redneck: Lots of carnage. We had to Navigate Keith through the last half with a broken knuckle. Can't believe we made it down to the truck to grab the spare. Jame's rig is amazingly stable.

Like my opinion maters however. I'm probably 2 years or so from even trying it :boooo: Really, it would be up to the folks that created the OM to decide what "making it", vs. "wheeling it", vs "whatever" is in their opinion.

Good luck with that--I would be willing to bet--if you don't run it this year--you aint going to....

Good luck with that--I would be willing to bet--if you don't run it this year--you aint going to....

Enough with the criptic BS Mike. If you know something, say it. If you have information that might lead to OM being shut down then share and you might get more people on your side to help you fight it.

(I was also under the impression that OM was built with the DNR's and associated landowners blessings, and doesn't violate an streem or water supply issues).

The OM is on private land so it wouldn't be closed per say but the road and area getting to OM could be closed to vehicles with motors......

In which case we would need to get the land owners permission to use their right of way access to their property. Probably wouldn't happen though.

The OM is on private land so it wouldn't be closed per say but the road and area getting to OM could be closed to vehicles with motors...

It is just a lot of talk at the moment but if users want to see the OM stay open then they need to get involved with what is going on out there:corn::stirpot:

But I wouldn't make long term plans to run any trail or obstacle at reiter as it may not be there when you are ready to run it...

I'm just saying...

Exactly. If you cannot acces the area--you can't use it.

In which case we would need to get the land owners permission to use their right of way access to their property. Probably wouldn't happen though.

Its deeper than that. You might be able to get a contract with the land owners for use. But since DNR owns the access points to the land--that can be closed off. And with the changes coming down the pipe---more than likely the lower pit will be gone and your not going to sneak into the area with a truck and trailer....

So it boils down--do you ignore the facts and whats coming down the pipe or do you start to be pro-active in trying to save whats there?

If nothing is done I can promise you guys are domed--mark my words on that one...

Enough with the criptic BS Mike. If you know something, say it. If you have information that might lead to OM being shut down then share and you might get more people on your side to help you fight it.

(I was also under the impression that OM was built with the DNR's and associated landowners blessings, and doesn't violate an streem or water supply issues).

I don't know anything for sure--but I would put $$ down the whole lower areas are going to be GONE(to motoried use).... It boils down to ignoring whats been going on. Hell mark do you have a single idea whats been going on the last 2 years? Or have you just turned a blind eye to it?

I hate to see the OM go--its going to happen and sooner than you think IMO. Those who built it/use it need to step up to the plate and see what can be done to preserve it...

Exactly. If you cannot acces the area--you can't use it.
Now why didn't you just say that in the first place.

sounds like their lots of information locked up in folks heads about whats going on. But I don't see if being shared but in little bits a pieces. Cryptic ****.

Those of you with the closer ears to whats going on need to set up a blog or something and dump info, even rumors as you find it out. As the typical web wheeler that barely had time to put air in the tires of his wheeler let along get out and play in it, the WTF of whats going on is a complete mystery. You guys keep saying "get involved", but I counter with "get involved with what?". I have no clue whats going one, or if it even worth my time (which I don't have right now, and you can take that up with my family if you have a problem with that). All the information is coming out piece meal and with no cohesion.

Now why didn't you just say that in the first place.

sounds like their lots of information locked up in folks heads about whats going on. But I don't see if being shared but in little bits a pieces. Cryptic ****.

Those of you with the closer ears to whats going on need to set up a blog or something and dump info, even rumors as you find it out. As the typical web wheeler that barely had time to put air in the tires of his wheeler let along get out and play in it, the WTF of whats going on is a complete mystery. You guys keep saying "get involved", but I counter with "get involved with what?". I have no clue whats going one, or if it even worth my time (which I don't have right now, and you can take that up with my family if you have a problem with that). All the information is coming out piece meal and with no cohesion.

Again---your playing ignorant to whats going on....

If nothing is done I can promise you guys are domed--mark my words on that one...

And that right there is the root of the problem with the whole RTW joke. These issues are not a you guys or us guys issue. They should be a us issue. RTW claims to be self appointed leader of the whole offroad community including single and dual track users but in reality have a very narrow self centered agenda.:looser:

Hell mark do you have a single idea whats been going on the last 2 years? Or have you just turned a blind eye to it?

no I don't, because I have not had the time to be active in the sport at I was 5 year ago.

Have a turned a blind eye, no. I sit here on the other side of the computer waiting for info. Info that others are in the position to get, but seem to share in bits and pieces.

I would bet that the vast majority of users HAVE NO CLUE whats "coming down the pipe", nor do that have a facility to find it out. I respect the your you more active folks are doing, but the share of information is slow in coming. Personally I don't care if it a rumor, what you heard, or and "off the record" conversation with the DNR. Share it just as that (rumor, side info etc). Someone out there knows WTF is going on. Someone in the ORV community needs to find that person and get the skinny.

And that right there is the root of the problem with the whole RTW joke. These issues are not a you guys or us guys issue. They should be a us issue. RTW claims to be self appointed leader of the whole offroad community including single and dual track users but in reality have a very narrow self centered agenda.:looser:

My bad---And you are correct--bad wording on my part..

So we have a narrow mind when it comes to a certain rig--interestiing. I think thats backwards but whatever...

no I don't, because I have not had the time to be active in the sport at I was 5 year ago.

Have a turned a blind eye, no. I sit here on the other side of the computer waiting for info. Info that others are in the position to get, but seem to share in bits and pieces.

I KNOW that the vast majority of users HAVE NO CLUE whats "coming down the pipe", nor do that have a facility to find it out. I respect the your you more active folks are doing, but the share of information is slow in coming. Personally I don't care if it a rumor, what you heard, or and "off the record" conversation with the DNR. Share it just as that (rumor, side info etc). Someone out there knows WTF is going on. Someone in the ORV community needs to find that person and get the skinny.

Edited it for ya.:awesomework:

Agreed, I kinda hate the "I have info, I know more than you" Attititude that's going on here...:mad: If you have info come out with it, not in pieces, either you tell us what's going on or dont tell us anything. How can we as a GROUP function properly when the "leaders" of the group dont give us enough info to do our jobs as members of this group. It's like a construction worker being handed 6 of the 12 drawings to build a house and told to build it right or you'll be fired... How is he going to get it right?!?!:looser:

Latest posts