• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Paint booth

Cole1

Anyone know of anywere in the redmond, bellevue, issiquah (greater eastside) area to rent a paint booth for the weekend? Im thinking about painting my truck once I have all the new body parts on to make it look nice for its maiden voyage.

Look on Craigs list. There was a guy advertising spray booth rental for the hour, day, weekend ect. Rates seems reasonable, looks like it was on the up and up.

If you can't find the link, let me know, I think I have a copy saved somewere.

Thanks guys thats what i was looking for so i didn have to spray it in the garage.

yeah dude or u can pull it in my shop, that thing doesnt seem 2 impressive for a $150 rental. I have painted 2 trucks in my shop now and 3 cars, works great just wet down the floor for the dust and hang painters plastic. it does the trick.

Let me know bro, you wouldnt have 2 worry bout paying anything either:awesomework:

That booth is a POS. I'd just use your garage if i were you.

What makes a booth a POS? What should i be looking for if i end up renting a booth? I still want to consider renting a booth so i have more room to work with but if needed im just going to spray it in the garage.

yeah dude or u can pull it in my shop, that thing doesnt seem 2 impressive for a $150 rental. I have painted 2 trucks in my shop now and 3 cars, works great just wet down the floor for the dust and hang painters plastic. it does the trick.

Let me know bro, you wouldnt have 2 worry bout paying anything either:awesomework:

What shop?

What shop?

dads the one that has all my **** stored in it and such. decent size defeintly big enuff 2 paint a truck in already done it a couple times. let me know dude I mean its going on a wheeler its not like u need a $10,000 paintjob just 2 go beating.

yea hes kinda in decisive wtf is that all about hes still open on stock gears to :eeek:

he needs 2 go down town and pick up a couple cans of flat black primer and run it till its ready for paint. . . .

I'm sorry but the thing hasx already been very obviously spraypainted black once all ready!!! It is a damn wheeler Chris forget buying paint for thing go out and enjoy it!!!!

If u have 4.10s and duals it should be fine offroad, but man get the longs **** paint and get longs!!! Personally I would rather go wheeling in a beat truck and be able 2 wheel all damn day long as hard as I want instead of going with a pretty truck and making it a couple hours. .

Chris man screw the paint get all the parts you need and fix your wiring and go have fun!!!

Damn I would have chose new paint over longs on a wheeler too.:booo:

Im hoping to find a set at the swap meet next sunday and a locker for the front too and im just going to weld the rear for now. If not ill gt them before memorial which is what my target to being "complete"

i think a couple runs with out lockers and longs wont be to bad.

he needs 2 go down town and pick up a couple cans of flat black primer and run it till its ready for paint. . . .

I'm sorry but the thing hasx already been very obviously spraypainted black once all ready!!! It is a damn wheeler Chris forget buying paint for thing go out and enjoy it!!!!

If u have 4.10s and duals it should be fine offroad, but man get the longs **** paint and get longs!!! Personally I would rather go wheeling in a beat truck and be able 2 wheel all damn day long as hard as I want instead of going with a pretty truck and making it a couple hours. .

Chris man screw the paint get all the parts you need and fix your wiring and go have fun!!!

$80 plus shipping is about the same price as about 10-15 cans of paint so ide rather have a nicer color than black. it has 4.37 gears now so it will be fine so all i need is a locker for the front, longs and tires then it will be to were want it parts/performance wise. Plus i want it to look nice before i beat on it since ill still drive it on the road and it wont stick out as much as a dented truck with 3 diffrent color body parts.

Last edited:
$80 plus shipping is about the same price as about 10-15 cans of paint so ide rather have a nicer color than black. it has 4.37 gears now so it will be fine so all i need is a locker for the front, longs and tires then it will be to were want it parts/performance wise.

goodluck dude thats all I'm gonna say!! God knows I understand wanting 2 paint my truck thing. . . but dont see the point if it is only gonna see trails.

Hope you figure it all dude, also if u need help with your wiring I rewired now 3 firstgen yotas and i can do all weathersealed solid offroad only harness for you if you want???

What makes a booth a POS? What should i be looking for if i end up renting a booth? I still want to consider renting a booth so i have more room to work with but if needed im just going to spray it in the garage.

it's a hokey garage, with jerry rigged ventelation. The airflow sucks, it's super dirty, it's a really small low ceilings, with an office desk in it for mixing. Not your typical paint booth.

If you're paying to use it, get a downdraft booth, with bake. Bigger the better, and make sure the air supply is as clean and dry as possible. A seperate mixing room would also be a bonus, but not required. And make sure it's clean clean clean.

Now here's the problem, paint booths like that aren't for rent around here, people make a living with them.

If I were you i'd spend the $$ on your axles,(longs, lockers, gears) If you're that desperate to get it sprayed, use your garage and buy cheap paint. it's a wheeler and will get the paint ****ed up anyways. better yet do what chop shop said and rattle can that bitch, it'll be easier to touch up later too.

it's a hokey garage, with jerry rigged ventelation. The airflow sucks, it's super dirty, it's a really small low ceilings, with an office desk in it for mixing. Not your typical paint booth.

If you're paying to use it, get a downdraft booth, with bake. Bigger the better, and make sure the air supply is as clean and dry as possible. A seperate mixing room would also be a bonus, but not required. And make sure it's clean clean clean.

Now here's the problem, paint booths like that aren't for rent around here, people make a living with them.

If I were you i'd spend the $$ on your axles,(longs, lockers, gears) If you're that desperate to get it sprayed, use your garage and buy cheap paint. it's a wheeler and will get the paint ****ed up anyways. better yet do what chop shop said and rattle can that bitch, it'll be easier to touch up later too.

Thank you!!! Maybe he will listen 2 guys with more experience!!!

goodluck dude thats all I'm gonna say!! God knows I understand wanting 2 paint my truck thing. . . but dont see the point if it is only gonna see trails.

Hope you figure it all dude, also if u need help with your wiring I rewired now 3 firstgen yotas and i can do all weathersealed solid offroad only harness for you if you want???

Arron your really pissing me off, im getting that **** too but I want to paint it to look nicer driving down the road and not in some hokey ass looking truck. Your the fakiest mofo I know and ide never go wheeling with you so why would it matter if i dont have lockers or longs and go wheeling? Not like im going to hold you up or nothing. Keep your opinions out of my ****ing thread you dumb ass. Why dont you go wheel your new toyota your buying? Oh wait you probably dont have the money for it so your all talk.

$80 plus shipping is about the same price as about 10-15 cans of paint so ide rather have a nicer color than black. it has 4.37 gears now so it will be fine so all i need is a locker for the front, longs and tires then it will be to were want it parts/performance wise. Plus i want it to look nice before i beat on it since ill still drive it on the road and it wont stick out as much as a dented truck with 3 diffrent color body parts.

10-15 cans of paint are 10-15 dollars at walmart.

If dead set on good paint, then hit the local paint shop and pick your favorite missmatch gallon for $20.

If you paint it, it will be pretty and you wont wheel it.

I touch up mine easily with the $1 dollar can under my seat.

I cant belive you live in NB and are worried about paint. You must have moved there, cuz the locals dont think like that!