• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pirate4x4 SOLD to Vertical Scope

InDaShop

Dont Tread On Me
Good on Lance for monitizing that place.

I also lost all interest in supporting a big corporation such as Vertical Scope. I think I'm set on vacating the PBB.

KyTrash said:
Where did y'all find this information? I just Lance took the money and RAN ?

It's a big discussion in chit chat on pirate. Vertical hired Lance to keep running the website. He says business as usual... So who knows, who cares...

blacksheep10 said:
I doubt it will change for black and red start members. I'm worried about my yellow start and the ability of it to be effective and affordable. I can't help but think that a huge corporation wil not want to mes with sub $300 vendors.
You hit it on the head man, the simple dynamics like this that gave average "growing" Joe small biz guy to show case builds, products and all that nationally at a SMALL cost will die off I'd bet. Im stoked for Lance to build something as far as he has and make a great future off of it. At the same time its sad to see something so grassroots in nature go commercial. Time will tell I reckon. :dunno:

I saw that the new administer( Administer1) had got on the first page. The way I take it he will be watching Lance and the others. The whole Pirate4x4 Crew lived the Pirate lifestyle and now it's just a job. Good for Lance financially, but I bet it goes down hill like a snow headed for hell.

KyTrash said:
I bet it goes down hill like a snow headed for hell.

I don't know about that. The strength of a board is it's members. Just like Hardline, Pirate has very knowledgeable members. As long as member's learning curves can be quickened by using the board, they will continue to use it.

That's why I love Hardline and Pirate.

If you look at some of the other websites they own, I don't know that it will change a lot. They own cumminsforum.com which I go to for diesel info. I know it isn't DTR but fairly good info most of the time. They have a lot of supporting vendors on the site and different support levels it looks like at least on that one. I'd love to have a business like that to sell for enough to be comfortable. I still remember the early days when there was only one server in Camo's shop that they kept having to upgrade and then the red star era when they needed the money to upgrade servers and bandwidth to handle all the traffic.

There has been alot of discussion in the vendor forum. Looks like Lance and Camo will still be around and not much wil change, I hope. :dblthumb: