• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pirate4x4 SOLD to Vertical Scope

InDaShop said:
has anyone noticed the drop in traffic, tech, etc on PBB?
I was on Vaca for 9 days, I checked over here but never on PBB when I was out. I went in to PBB Gen4x4 expecting like the past of having 20 pages of new to sort through and there was 3 pages, and most of those threads where old.

I have REALLY noticed. I have had a lot of people say its just not worth posting anymore because they get so much **** from people when they post something that disagrees with what they believe. Since I tend to share a lot of info there and will ask almost any dumb question many people in the know will often PM me but not post. I actually have a small database of people who are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about stuff, have data, facts, etc to back up what they say, but will absolutely not post anymore. They are happy to share info with me privately but will simply not do so publicly. I don't think it has anything to do with the sale. I think the dumbass to intelligence ratio has just reached critical mass. I'm actually very thankful for these people.

JJ you are the only one posting in there from waht I can tell. A regular 1 man show.
Its downright terrible. The JR metal shavings thread had some great tech but you had to wade through 10 pages of trainwreck BS to weed it out.

I'm not the only one but I do think I am one of the few left. And I don't feel as though I contribute so much as just am willing to ask the dumb questions. I came late to the game of mechanical stuff, really wasn't interested in it until after high school. I really love learning about it now though, I think everyone can probably tell.

Zukizzy's spring tech thread had potential but he is unwilling to delve much deeper IMO both as a result of giving out info that he makes money using and also trying to just avoid drama and know-it-alls who will tell him he is wrong.

Up until about 3 months ago I recall that if I didn't check in Gen 4x4 at least a couple of times per day I would fall really far behind on all the tech that got posted. Now I can check in once/day and only about the top 4-10 threads even have any activity. If I go a couple days without checking I still don't have to go past the 2nd page to catch up.

99% of the time I'm in the Ferd section. I have noticed a decline in the regulars there, which is sad, because I'm friends with some of these fellas in the non-innerwebz world and their opinions/tech have been very valuable during my build. Guess I'll just man up and call the bastards. :drinkers:

I fully understand the closely guarded stuff.
Either numbnuts tell you its wrong, that you screwed up, your an idiot, or they rip it off. Or you really arent 100% sure if its right but you'll be damned to ask on there for sake of erroding your credibility.

I stayed with Wayne "ZukIzzy" for a week in 2009, I cant begin to describe how much I learned that week. And shock tuning with him. Wow! it was him and Joel from Bilstein. We did two sessions one in Barstow and one in Jean, NV. Holy cow hauling ass around Barstow w/ Wayne and having him talk through the intercom telling what each feeling was, why the car was doing it and how to fix it. No pricetag for that type of real world racecar education. Hence why he has earned the nickname "Dad" from all of us who arent really his children but look up to him.

Re: Pirate4x4 "Do they have viruses?"

There was a thread about Pirate and viruses on here and I can't find it now. I know they said it was something else, but I have noticed my computer slowing down a LOT on Pirate! It doesn't do it on Hardline.

Now, I'm out of town at a Microtel Suites and when I try to log in to Pirate I get a big black screen with red bars and this:

Web Site Blocked by NETGEAR Firewall

Whatsupwiththat???!!!

I haven't been on Pirate in 9 days. Honestly haven't missed it much other than seeing some progress pictures of some builds and seeing some trail pictures from up in Alaska.

Only had 3,829 new posts that were unread since my last visit...