• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pitbull rockers????

jeeptj99

Has any ran these? I am in the market for new tires and like the look of the rockers but can only find threads of people out west running them. They seem to do good in the dry sandy rocks but haven't seen much about people running them I around here (Tennessee Alabama area)

They absolutely 100% suck and I have them, only time they ever do really well are on really dry rocks and at extremely low PSI. At grayrock and superlift they did pretty well but the sidewalls are jokes. I have to keep the tires aired up around 10psi to keep the sidewalls from getting cut but this makes them suck, I have one tire with maybe 4 vulcanizing patches in it now. When I can afford it my jeep is switching to TSL/SX's sticky or regular compound. Basically do not buy these, I have grooved the crap out of mine to make them actually work and we removed a ton of rubber

I didn't really care for the 39 version of the tire, I traded off my cut 42 tsls for 42 rockers. The previous owner had sidewall issues also. I have run them for almost a year with no issues at 4-5 psi. I do have a lighter rig that I believe plays a factor.

If I had to do it again i would definitely keep the rockers, the seem to bite better on my rig than the tsls.

Re: Re: Re: Pitbull rockers????

bamatoy said:
......If I had to do it again i would definitely keep the rockers, the seem to bite better on my rig than the tsls...... but NOTHING is as good as Krawlers....

FIFY :****:

39.5 was 16.5 wide and to me a wide tire sucks on a light rig. The 42s are 15 wide but I have them on h1 which narrows them up alittle.

I have had pretty good luck with my 42 rockers. I have had no sidewall problems and they seemed to hook up pretty good on my old truggy and she wasnt a lightweight. I will be running them on the buggy as well. I have ran them down to 4-5psi with no issues as well.

Brian

I'm about to switch my wheels to a 15x10 which will hopefully help my sidewall issues but i have 42/15/15

here are mine

971367_4994362386033_891952843_n.jpg

I have been running a set of bias 42'a on H1's with a pvc beadlock under a linked YJ 60/14. When I first started running the tires the sidewalls seems very stiff. After several rides and pressure adjustments the tires were broken in and performing very good. After 4 years I have had to have one sidewall vulcanized. I feel it was MY FAULT for having too low of pressure and it pinched between a rock and the rim and cut it. My Jeep sees very little pavement and the wear is acceptable. I wheel 1,2 times a month.
I honestly feel the compound and width of the 42's is very very good, not a sticky tire but still good for a trail rig. $2K for a set of tires mine need to last for a while.
If I have to pick another set of tires it would be the TSL SX only because I am limited to the 16.5"
In the very near future I will be needing a 37"39" tire in a 16.5" rim for my buggy and the decision will come down to price between the Rockers and the SX.

RustyC said:
I have been running a set of bias 42'a on H1's with a pvc beadlock under a linked YJ 60/14. When I first started running the tires the sidewalls seems very stiff. After several rides and pressure adjustments the tires were broken in and performing very good. After 4 years I have had to have one sidewall vulcanized. I feel it was MY FAULT for having too low of pressure and it pinched between a rock and the rim and cut it. My Jeep sees very little pavement and the wear is acceptable. I wheel 1,2 times a month.
I honestly feel the compound and width of the 42's is very very good, not a sticky tire but still good for a trail rig. $2K for a set of tires mine need to last for a while.
If I have to pick another set of tires it would be the TSL SX only because I am limited to the 16.5"
In the very near future I will be needing a 37"39" tire in a 16.5" rim for my buggy and the decision will come down to price between the Rockers and the SX.

Thanks for the info. I have never seen sx's that had good sidewall flex though. My buddies you could pull the valve stem core and they would barely roll haha. That's why I wasn't considering a sx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1h7eGliFA

This is the first trip I used them on and they probably only had 2-3 trips on them before I got them. The sidewalls were still pretty stiff and I had too much air in them...prolly around 10psi at the time. I wish someone had gotten video of me coming up shipwrecked...walked it with water coming down it.
Hands down one of the best purchases I had made for my rig at the time and WAY better than the IROKs.

Brian