• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pitbull Rockers

dangerous toy

whos runnin em and what do you like/dislike im thinking about the 39's, but i wanna be able to drive an hour to the trail w/o rattling my teeth out, i also want a tire that will float in the snow (since snow wheelin is what we do here in wally world) anybody who has experience with these lemme know. thanks :D -DT

my buddy is runnin em on his toy and he swears by them. i guess they get gummed up in the mud pretty bad and whenever he airs them down and is runnin them at like 5psi it looks like they are still at 30psi kuz the sidewall is soo stiff i guess

OldGreen runs them (or at least did) and did a magazine writeup a while back. Maybe pm him if he doesn't respond here.

I run them in the 37/13.50/15 and so far they are good, have mpt really tried them in mud or snow though. Sidewalls are a lil stiff and take a while to break in. Just run them super low on air and they will break in after a few runs .

boxxerace ran them in a 40X19.5 i'll let him know about the thread and he can let you know how he liked them, he even commuted on them for a little while

thanks guys

thanks for the comments, hopefully old green and boxxerrace will chime in, ive been thinking about the 38-15.50 PJ dirt grips too, cause i want something wide that floats on the snow. Thanks:beer:

ive thought about the 37-13.50's but my dd so i need a tire that will last longer, i can deal with a shitty ride but only getting a years worth of driving out of $1k+ set of tires is hash.

Here you go how about you go with the Iroks like everyone else has said. or since your from walla find some punk with gumbos who doesnt need em and use those prolly the best snow tire around.
Pete Bly

thanks

thanks for the comments, yeah everyone around here loves the gumbos, and they work really good, but theres gotta be something better. i have a buddy that ran the 36 iroks on the snow and they werent that great, but the 39.5's are alot bigger and the 15" rim variety are pretty balloony, so maybe they would be the ****, i want something that floats in deeep snow. thanks DT

I beg to differ on the cepeks. We had a guy run them and they suck compared to the gumbo. The second tire you show looks ok, better than the cepek but not as good as the gumbo. Look at the pics they have showing the pressure and the patterns. Notice how the cepek and this new tire pressure prints cover alot of th pics. Now the colors show that they dont put down much psi compared to the gumbo, but the gumbo has a wider tread with biggger gap. So all the pressure is sittin on the blocks of the tread not really takin into account the rest of the tire. Now notice how the pressure is on the outside blocks of the gumbo. The sidewall of that tire is also goin to be pooching out providing aditional support in the snow along with the voids in the tread. To me this shows that with the wider tread blocks more ability to clean out but still have ample traction are the reasons why the gumbo is superior to any other tire. That and the fact it is radial and once broken in airs down extrememly nicely. The only thing I think those tests are good for are road tires or rockcrawling tires. Just my two cents and opinion. What do some of you others think? Id like to get a good technical debate goin because this issue of what tire is best had been goin on for a long time.

Technically, I haven't even been snow wheeling in 5 years. But I do have an ignorantly biased, unsubstantiated opinion like everyone else. :haha:

Seriously though, I've wheeled with guys that have the gumbo mudders and they get around much easier than anyone else.

Anyone have any comments about these. :corn:

http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php
(the TruXus STS 44x21x15 or 17 in.)

Edit: Where do the Denman Ground Hawgs come in at?

Last edited:
Yah i also agree with my buddy snowman cause we wheel together cause **** we live down the street from each other and i would say where im from hands down gumbos run the tires i havent seen anyone run 39'' iroks where were from but i have heard only good from the guys at Les Shwabs and also from people that do run them i guess we will tell when i run them this winter but i think thats the route i go unless i found gumbos, but im usually up for anything that people have been running in the snow and go good. i would also love to see some opinions and debates about some of the tires that are ran in snow, cause thats all i do is snow, cant be better then doing 45 across a fresh flat and watching the snow fly by anywho sorry for the run on lets get something going thanks guys
Pete Bly

Technically, I haven't even been snow wheeling in 5 years. But I do have an ignorantly biased, unsubstantiated opinion like everyone else. :haha:

Seriously though, I've wheeled with guys that have the gumbo mudders and they get around much easier than anyone else.

Anyone have any comments about these. :corn:

http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php
(the TruXus STS 44x21x15 or 17 in.)

Edit: Where do the Denman Ground Hawgs come in at?

Ive run with a guy that had the truxus sts and they sucked too. Didnt air down well. Packed up and pretty much acted like a slick. The tread is just to tight together on it for it to work well. I think the ground hawg would do good with a little cutting, it has the basic pattern of the gumbo just filled in a few spots. One of my other buddies has 42 iroks on his buggy and they do awsome. I do agree that iroks are probaly the next best tire they just need to be wider. If they had a 38-39x15.5 radial I think that would stomp the **** outta anything.

I like(d) the Rockers. I have the 39.5's on some 12" wide rims. They measure out around 21" unwieghted at full road pressure. (at the widest width, not the tread) Tread is something around 18" or so.

Considering that the Rockers are bias ply, I would have not guessed it on the ride. There is no bogger like bumps between threads and the tires are reasonably quiet for what they are. I have driven well over 80 on them and drove them on the street for a few months. Aside from my attempts to leave big black throttle induced marks on the street, the tires keep pretty good sharp edges. The tread depth is a little less than a equally new TSL, but the rubber and tread pattern has signifigantly more hook than any TSL.

The Bias Rockers do need to be ran at lower pressures on the street (well, all the time of course) probably 20 psi on a heavy rig and 15 or lower on a toy. I am currently not driving on them as I put together my junk, but I dig them.

I do not regret buying them. They are much wider than the Irok, which for certain applications that require floation, it is a plus. I would buy them again! :dance:

Oh yah, seeing as I HATE les Schwab, I bought them on the cheap from tyres1.com (I think thats the site).

Tires are decent in the rain, braking and sorta interesting on ice on the road. I aired down on ice and it worked decent.

Oh yah, I got my old big arse chevy through some deep snow in them!

I think if you took a bogger and cut this into it, that would also make for a good snow tire. Anyone got a hotknife and some boggers layin around :stirpot:

4ccs11h.jpg