• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PNW Reiter involvement?

Binder

I can't post on the RTW board so hopefully some RTW guys will read here.
I posted this on the PNW board....
Here's a quote from the RTW web site meeting minutes this month.

The PNW4WDA needs to get involved in this Reiter project

I can't post on that site but does anyone know what this is about? Has anyone been approached by the RTW lately? I don't think that RTW understands the PNW's structure being an association of clubs. I think they figure the PNW as a whole will just come running to the rescue.
Maybe someone from RTW could chime in and bring us up to date here?:cool:

http://www.pnw4wda.org/forums/showthread.php?p=17428#post17428

No but that's not important, this isn't about me. This is about maybe getting the people involved to communicate with the correct people.

So true.

The key is getting the information communicated and volunteers mobilized.
You have to have both.

Even PNW4X4 and WOHVA must have grassroots support to get things done.

Often their agendas are set based on what people are willing to throw the volunteer effort behind.

Often their agendas are set based on what people are willing to throw the volunteer effort behind.

You are right. I would bet there are a few PNW4WDA people that follow Reiter going ons closely, help out, and are generally involved. But the association doesn't really tell people how to volunteer their time. People generally volunteer where they have interest, location matters, and lastly where there is a large need.

My question to those who do volunteer is, are you at least one of the following a PNW4WDA member? WOHVA member? WOW member? (ok Tod, an NMA or AMA member?) If no, why not? It definitely doesn't hurt and if you were then the association of your preference would be involved in whatever you are doing, and there may be someone involved that can fill in where your shortcomings are.

Sounds to me more like RTW reps and PNW reps really just need to site down over some pizza and beer and talk, figure our what each can and needs to do for each other and work together.

IMHO, PNW should be all over helping get Reiter back together and be a major political and motivational driving force (and maybe a good resource to get information out to the masses). After all, helping causes like Reiter strikes me as the whole point and reason for the PNW4WDA.

RTW of course needs to communicate and reciprocate with the PNW (and any other "club" or "organization" that is offering to help) and coordinate those efforts in the most effective way (if thats the role they want to take on, and IMHO should be the role they have.

Just an completely outside observation based souly on reading what I perceived to be the meaning behind Rick's post and from the little bit I know about the past histories of each party. Take my opinion for what its worth.

Sounds to me more like RTW reps and PNW reps really just need to site down over some pizza and beer and talk, figure our what each can and needs to do for each other and work together.

IMHO, PNW should be all over helping get Reiter back together and be a major political and motivational driving force (and maybe a good resource to get information out to the masses). After all, helping causes like Reiter strikes me as the whole point and reason for the PNW4WDA.

RTW of course needs to communicate and reciprocate with the PNW (and any other "club" or "organization" that is offering to help) and coordinate those efforts in the most effective way (if thats the role they want to take on, and IMHO should be the role they have.

Just an completely outside observation based souly on reading what I perceived to be the meaning behind Rick's post and from the little bit I know about the past histories of each party. Take my opinion for what its worth.

We have a member who does go to PNW regional meetings to make sure the voice of RTW is make clear to the PNW.

We had asked the PNW to get involved in a particular trail that was a narrow/short wheel base trail. Unfortunately we got no feedback on that and ended up doing the trail layout ourselfs with the help of LRZ (daren).

Myself I am just shocked the PNW has not been more deeply involved.

My question to those who do volunteer is, are you at least one of the following a PNW4WDA member? WOHVA member? WOW member? (ok Tod, an NMA or AMA member?) If no, why not? It definitely doesn't hurt and if you were then the association of your preference would be involved in whatever you are doing, and there may be someone involved that can fill in where your shortcomings are.

Nope to all of the above

I have been bashed behind closed doors by PNW leadership. I have no use for people that want to talk crap aboout some one behind there back and sure as hell will not support that leadership. But I always have an open door, and will always be there when needed. But I would expect an apology some day from those people, if they have the guts to

WOHVA Ya well lets just say I am not a big fan of hate mail and threats filling my in box by leadership. But as said before if leadership shows me that they can grow up then I will support. At this point I see big changes in WOHVA in the last few months :awesomework: Keep it up guys you are doing a great job

NMA / AMA well I roll on 4 wheels so nothing bad there I think they have a great leadership

WOW well I just never been asked. ( hint )

Personally I think that you can be a part of a club or can just get things done. I don't belong to any club and personally I just don't have the time for another meeting in the month. I do volunteer a lot. and for not being in a club, have been involved in some big things in the ORV community.

This thread was started because of a comment made on a RTW board about PNW

Here is my view on this and well that is just it " my view "
I have posted work partys on PNWs board with no interaction. I have made phone calls and have had promises made with no follow through. As a club that is suppose to be a leader in the 4WD community I see nothing in my area

Now let the bashing begin :haha: it will just prove my point that talk is cheap and the only action will be on a key board

Yep some one needs to man up :awesomework: I have extended my hand lots of times.

It is a two way street on this one

We have a member who does go to PNW regional meetings to make sure the voice of RTW is make clear to the PNW.

We had asked the PNW to get involved in a particular trail that was a narrow/short wheel base trail. Unfortunately we got no feedback on that and ended up doing the trail layout ourselfs with the help of LRZ (daren).

Myself I am just shocked the PNW has not been more deeply involved.

I asked Daren to get involved in that trail after getting a PM from Alan asking for help. As far as I know he has steped up (as your post also states) There are several other PNW4WDA members on here that help out as well I believe

Mike, if you remember correctly several years ago just when all of this was just starting with reiter and I was the President of the PNW4WDA I came to you volunteering our help and asking you several times to let us help with our tools already in hand. You flat out told me with no uncertanty that you and the RTW wanted to do things your own way and had a "differant" way planned that didnt involve the PNW4WDA. I have yet to see anyone from the RTW approach the PNW4WDA at any of our regular buisness meetings. Our Fall Delegates meeting is next month. If you were to ask our state director (Dorthy Churchill) I am sure she would love to enertain a proposal on how the PNW4WDA could get involved in helping the RTW with reiter.

Lets try and work together and maybe we can get somewhere. This bashing does no one any good.

I helped design and finish the tight and twisty trail cuz my sammy barely fits it's specs .It will be fun and hopefully will crumple the body's of the moderate rigs :D

I know this is just the interweb, but that is a cheap shot. The PNW4WDA racing community is a great group of people that only makes up a fraction of the association.

The racers regularly show up in HUGE hoards to support EVERY event compared to the amount of PNW members that support trail issues.

Nothing against racers at all. I know lots of them.

You are correct they are a small fraction of the PNW.

I wish the rest of the PNWs members had the same kinda involvement in trail matters.

MY cheap shot was to show that the majority of ACTIVE members are not in the woods.

I asked Daren to get involved in that trail after getting a PM from Alan asking for help. As far as I know he has steped up (as your post also states) There are several other PNW4WDA members on here that help out as well I believe.

As usual, you jump in and claim that the all mighty is there. I call BS. I see the volinteer sheets and you are full of crap. Focus group meetings, Snohomish county meetings PNW leadership is non existant and if the best you can do is one person out of the claimed 7000 members. Or better yet one person shows up and then uses the excuse that something is up and has to leave ASAP.

So here is the deal for the PNW crowd ( except Daren, he has proved his worth ) I bet your leadership can't arange a work party for Reiter in the next month. This means that they pick a date, come up with a plan for the work party. I can host it any day that you want. I even have lots of ideas for the over 60 group. :cheer: so there is no excuse for anyone.

But this is what I see happening. Reiter will get built and on opening day the PNW will be there with all of IT'S glory, snouting off how they did it.:haha:

Work party is on the 27th and 28th. See you then

Mike, if you remember correctly several years ago just when all of this was just starting with reiter and I was the President of the PNW4WDA I came to you volunteering our help and asking you several times to let us help with our tools already in hand. You flat out told me with no uncertanty that you and the RTW wanted to do things your own way and had a "differant" way planned that didnt involve the PNW4WDA. I have yet to see anyone from the RTW approach the PNW4WDA at any of our regular buisness meetings. Our Fall Delegates meeting is next month. If you were to ask our state director (Dorthy Churchill) I am sure she would love to enertain a proposal on how the PNW4WDA could get involved in helping the RTW with reiter.

Ya I went to meeting and asked :haha: and made phone calls asking.:looser: So you are full of **** on that. And like I am going to waist my time going to a meeting where everyone is going to rub bengay on each other.

yu want my money each year to raise you stats, then show me something worth giving to.

Other wise as usual blaim everyone else for your short comings :hi: