• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pro Pane! ?????

CHOP SHOP

I have some questions for those running propane on V8s.

Whats the skinny on tanks/bottles? horizontal or verticle or both? Are 7 gallon tanks any skinnier than a ten or just shorter?

Any links to hookup info?

blah blah, Im new to propane and am running it on the buggy, what do I need to know? school me!

Yup, just shorter...same diameter; If you have the room, go 10's....been wheelin' with a guy who ran both his 7's out...had to run home and steal the tank from the BBQ to get him out!:haha:

7 are the same diameter. It doesn't matter horizontal or vert. I run mine horizontaly behind my seats side to side. Make sure you keep the hole down so the vent is on top. I think all forklift carriers have a pin sticking up to align into that hole to make sure the tank doesn't rotate, and the vent is on top. One 10 gal. tank last me about ten hrs. tops, and I'm only running a V-6.

You need the right valves in them to run em vertical...same theory with tryin to run the verts horizontal---they'll ice up...

The "standard" removable forklift tank is designed for horizontal or vertical operation, so your good either way.

If your looking for a hard-mount tank, be wary of what you find used. Propane for a vehicle requires liquid draw, a typical "RV" tank will usually only have vapor draw. Same with BBQ tanks, but they can be "made" to work in a pinch by mounting them upside down. You take a risk of freezing them, but it will work.

Hey Brad if you need a kit my old man has an f250 over at his house w dual ten gallon tanks and everything you will need go talk to him or Josh they will hook ya up :awesomework:

Like everyone else has already said, you can run them both ways...

The dia is the same, 10 is just taller...

You know where I'm at if you want to check my system out... Just give me a call... But, all in all, it's crazy simple...

Yup, just shorter...same diameter; If you have the room, go 10's....been wheelin' with a guy who ran both his 7's out...had to run home and steal the tank from the BBQ to get him out!:haha:

How does that work since a bbq has a tank that supplies vapor whereas a motor requires a tank that supplies liquid propane. You sure he wasn't pulling your leg

The tank suplies liquied to the vaverizor then the engine
coolent runs thrue the vaperizor raises the temp of the piqued propane
it turns into a vaper goes to engine
you can run forklift tanks any way you want
I wouldent go back to gas if someone payed me:awesomework:

The tank suplies liquied to the vaverizor then the engine
coolent runs thrue the vaperizor raises the temp of the piqued propane
it turns into a vaper goes to engine
you can run forklift tanks any way you want
I wouldent go back to gas if someone payed me:awesomework:

If you used at minimum semi-complete sentences and stopped typing with a handful of crayons we might better understand your ebonics

I have some questions for those running propane on V8s.

Whats the skinny on tanks/bottles? horizontal or verticle or both? Are 7 gallon tanks any skinnier than a ten or just shorter?

Any links to hookup info?

blah blah, Im new to propane and am running it on the buggy, what do I need to know? school me!

:looser: