• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pro Pane! ?????

I have some questions for those running propane on V8s.

Whats the skinny on tanks/bottles? horizontal or verticle or both? Are 7 gallon tanks any skinnier than a ten or just shorter?

Any links to hookup info?

blah blah, Im new to propane and am running it on the buggy, what do I need to know? school me!

your gonna love it.. maintenance free

1 gallon of propane weighs half what a gallon of gas weighs, 110 octane so you can run higher compression and more timing. Propane will run colder in the intake which keeps the engine cooler on hot days, cooler air intake equals power, you will be able to go all day on one of those 10 gallon tanks. and usually propane is less expensive than trick fuel at $8.50 a gallon or even premium fuel, which is way less than 110 octane. no damn hesitation like a carb, no fuel pump like a fuel injected motor, no electric parts or wires to short or go bad when they get muddy or wet, if you run a vacuum lock off. I would ditch the steel tanks for aluminum tanks there lighter and just nicer. When you need fuel you dont need to trailer your rig to the gas station just toss the bottles in the trunk of your car, they wont spill like fuel cans.

good score :awesomework: you will be pleased, just make sure when you are upside down you can reach the kill switch because the engine will just keep running as it doesnt know the difference until it starves for oil.