• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project: Bumble Bee 5.3L V8 Swap!

CharlieInTheTrees said:
I guess Grade 8? What size and thread type? I dont have any of the bolts...

LOL....he hasnt called me back yet....

go buy one of each metric size and run home figure out which one is the right one.. it's a pita but part of it.

MUCHADO said:
go buy one of each metric size and run home figure out which one is the right one.. it's a pita but part of it.
Craftman makes these cool little guages that you use to check thread count, and you can use a bolt guage to get the size. pretty cheap vs. going to and from store.

IMG_2830.jpg

Marty said:
Tranny to motor bolts are M 10x1.5x40mm long
whoa whoa whoa, this is the tech police, pull it the **** over. none of that **** in here. this is for fag conversation and random internet jackoff talk only.

thanks though, I've always went through my metric assortmetn every time and found one, then wen to the store adn picked out one with the same thread and measured the length thumb.gif

I retap all all my bolts to two sizes 1/2 ,9/16. Metric **** is for jeep guys. :flipoff1:

CharlieInTheTrees said:
Is that the Torque Converter bolt? or the Bell Housing bolt?

Bell housing to motor. TQ converter is easy if its a TH400, or 350. Help section at auto parts store. 6 of them already in a package. They are still metric I think, just dont know the pitch. I did my swap a couple months ago and cant remember.

blacksheep10 said:
whoa whoa whoa, this is the tech police, pull it the **** over. none of that **** in here. this is for fag conversation and random internet jackoff talk only.

thanks though, I've always went through my metric assortmetn every time and found one, then wen to the store adn picked out one with the same thread and measured the length thumb.gif

Haha, I did lots of reasearch before my 6.0 swap before doing and still remembered. If you want to put one on a motor stand, its the same but get an 80mm long :flipoff1:

Marty said:
Bell housing to motor. TQ converter is easy if its a TH400, or 350. Help section at auto parts store. 6 of them already in a package. They are still metric I think, just dont know the pitch. I did my swap a couple months ago and cant remember.

I believe the Torque Converter is the same type/pitch but the length is .590 inches. Would a regular metic bolt be ok? or I have to get it ARP stud?

kid rok said:
I retap all all my bolts to two sizes 1/2 ,9/16. Metric **** is for jeep guys. :flipoff1:

I thought I was only that anal.
If I touch it it gets swapped out. Yes I still have a handful of metric like the stud on the back of the alternator, and the studs on the starter solenoid, but everything else has slowly been swapped. I HATE carrying two sets of wrenchs, and I hate having to go back to the toolbox for a metric.

CharlieInTheTrees said:
I believe the Torque Converter is the same type/pitch but the length is .546 inches. Would a regular metic bolt be ok? or I have to get it ARP stud?

I am using reagular metric grade 8s on everything. the black ones. No problems here.

Well, I am missing one dowel pin on the Bell housing. But I align it perfectly and will put the dowel in Monday...:D Its all Bolted up with Red Lock Tight! :flipoff1: Now I need to put in the new motor mounts and Throttle body and wiring harness on tomorrow...:D At this moment, I have alittle problem with the transfer case. The one I got from Kelly is a 5 bolt NP231C and the tranny has a 6 bolt Adapter on it.....Any advice?

Thanks
Anthony

i just cruised through this thread and of course being an exhaust guy i noticed that the headers you and john posted are not for LS series engines... the ports are evenly spaced out on these engines...

does anyone know where, or have a GM 5.3 wiring harness schematic, and color code? I've searched but not come up with anything outside of the audio/car alarm schmatics.

InDaShop said:
does anyone know where, or have a GM 5.3 wiring harness schematic, and color code? I've searched but not come up with anything outside of the audio/car alarm schmatics.

Call Jim at Jims Performance I bet he can help

The pinouts and stuff are on pirate somwhere and LS1truck.com if thats what you are talking about.

Well, I decided to get a bolt to guide in the transmission and put a dowel pin in later on... Well Bolting the motor to the Mounts on the Frame was a BITCH! The Heads on the motor is very very close to the firewall. Also, I had to take of the headers to bolt down the Motor to the Motor Mounts...:( I finished 5 AM this morning... Started to put in the motor after dinner at 12:30 am. :drinkers: I will post pics/vidoes of this later...