• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Creampuff..

BustedPinion

-=BANNED=-
Ok, no this isnt a crawler project, thats next.. This one is just for fun, and why, because its perty:cool: I decided to lift my creampuff 91 Burban that i got last year so cheap. Only thing is, I cant decide on 6 or 8 inch lift. i have had plenty of 4's and a 6 but never an 8"!

facts:
I got front 6" and 8" to choose from, for the rear though i found 4" springs.

Dilemma:
i dont know if i wanna do the rear springs and a 4" block or shackle flip in the rear :eeek: I like flips (aside from hours of grinding the lower pot out) but i experienced towing wiggle alot last time, and dont know what towing is like with 8"?????

Additional Question: do I have to lengthen drivelines with an 8"? and is a raised steering arm enough or do i also have to get a drop draglink? :eeek:

what tire size are you going for? If it is a toy and not a tow rig then I vote at least 8in. That will eventually be the direction of the 96 burb I have, but right now it has towing duty so 38s are the current goal without rubbing. It had 38s when I got it but they rubbed. Heck the 37s even rubbed. I figure with 6in fronts and cutout flairs I should be able to clear 38in tsl radials on 10s easy. Im pretty sure with 8s you will need to do the steering arm and dropped drag link. I think then you can clear 40s pretty easy.

prolly 35's maybe 36/7... yes i tow travel trailers with it and yes i know ill be needin some gears lol. i think its gonna be 8 and your gonna get the 6" spring. whats lengthening driveline cost?

My 81 sub had a 8 inch syjacker with a 3 inch body to clear 38 inch tsl radials with no fender triming. To keep the draglink end from eating themselves alive I had to run a dropped drag link with a raised arm. If I had it to do over again I would have done crossover steering. Rear was 4 inch spring and 4 inch block. I wanted to do the shackle flip but every thing I read at the time said it would be more stable while towing with the stock shackle configuration.